+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Yeah, probably not. I think we only got a second round because there was a lot of complaints as to how the first round was done. I doubt we'll get as much this round - it was done better than the previous rounds. Not the best, I would have preferred a fee to fill out the form, or a weighted preference, but better nonetheless.

Sidenote: I want to thank all those who don't hesitate to tell the ineligible folks that they shouldn't have applied in the first place. Small relief for those that were eligible but didn't get drawn. (Like myself, been trying since 2014 and waiting to do so since 2011... lol.)
They have picked more than 10k? Could you please confirm and share the source of this info?

Reactions: nayr69sg

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
4 in all years. They only give you 1 caluclation for family size, and that is as of today. IRCC is not interested if you met income for lower family size previously that isn't applicable to your situation today.
Hey Rob, are you sure that the parents suppose to be included in that number (Sponsor - CoSponsor- Kid - Parents)?. Unfortunately the guide 5772 doesn't provide much information or detail about that column in IMM5768.

I wish IRCC would have provided more CLARITY regarding that column. Given that the parents were not in Canada for those years (2015-2017), my understanding was that family size number was suppose to include Sponsor - CoSponsor- Kid. But I am leaning towards what you recommended.

Actually your reply to that post might have saved my application from return due to error or conflicting info. Thanks a bunch to you and the person who brought this question up (canadavisa2018).

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I have become PR and have visited Canada once with my family. Currently, I'm in home country. My father just expired. No one is there to take care of my mother. How can I make her to come to Canada along with?

Last edited:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
What if the baby comes into family when your application is in process, would they still go back to 2015 or from that year?
No, any changes to family size after app has already been submitted, would only count for the tax year the family member was added and going forward.

faisal124

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Hi,

Anybody from Quebec. I am from Quebec and got invited to apply. Somebody told me that while sending initial application to CPC-M, we need to send all the financial information (2017 Tax Returns, job letter, pay stubs etc) although the document checklist doesn't say anything. Is anybody from Quebec sending those initially to CPC-M? Also, do we need to send any document for parents in their home country initially, like Bank statements, Job letter if working? Any advice?

Any advice?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hey Rob, are you sure that the parents suppose to be included in that number (Sponsor - CoSponsor- Kid - Parents)?. Unfortunately the guide 5772 doesn't provide much information or detail about that column in IMM5768.

I wish IRCC would have provided more CLARITY regarding that column. Given that the parents were not in Canada for those years (2015-2017), my understanding was that family size number was suppose to include Sponsor - CoSponsor- Kid. But I am leaning towards what you recommended.

Actually your reply to that post might have saved my application from return due to error or conflicting info. Thanks a bunch to you and the person who brought this question up (canadavisa2018).

"Family size" is actually an easy calc, and gives detailed instructions in the guide. Parents being sponsored of course must be included.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

How to calculate the family size?
The size of the family determines the amount of income you need to make to sponsor. Use this table below to assist you in calculating the size of your family:
  1. Count:
    • yourself,
    • your spouse or common-law partner and
    • dependent children, if applicable.
  2. Count:
    • the number of persons you are now sponsoring and (this is your parent)
    • all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying. (this is your parents spouse + dependents)
  3. Count the number of persons covered by other valid undertakings you have made or co-signed in the past.
  4. If you have a co-signer, count all persons covered by still valid undertakings made or co-signed by your co-signer.
  5. Calculate the number of persons covered in steps 1 to 4. The total represents the family size
  6. Look at the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship in this guide to help you decide if you have the financial ability to meet sponsorship requirements.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello,
Do we count maternity pay as income ? Thanks
Yes, maternity pay counts as income as it's considered a special payment from EI.

Regular EI payments though do not count.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
"Family size" is actually an easy calc, and gives detailed instructions in the guide. Parents being sponsored of course must be included.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

How to calculate the family size?
The size of the family determines the amount of income you need to make to sponsor. Use this table below to assist you in calculating the size of your family:
  1. Count:
    • yourself,
    • your spouse or common-law partner and
    • dependent children, if applicable.
  2. Count:
    • the number of persons you are now sponsoring and (this is your parent)
    • all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying. (this is your parents spouse + dependents)
  3. Count the number of persons covered by other valid undertakings you have made or co-signed in the past.
  4. If you have a co-signer, count all persons covered by still valid undertakings made or co-signed by your co-signer.
  5. Calculate the number of persons covered in steps 1 to 4. The total represents the family size
  6. Look at the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship in this guide to help you decide if you have the financial ability to meet sponsorship requirements.
Super Awesome! I just read that part in guide. Again, you saved my and potentially a lot of other applications, Thanks a lot! :)

mrniceguy3981

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
11-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013 (RPRF/biodata request same day)
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
They have picked more than 10k? Could you please confirm and share the source of this info?
we can find it out on the website.

First digit total entries

0 1467
1 1533
2 1548
3 1545
4 1484
5 1495
6 1470
7 1543
8 1499
9 1416

Total 15000

It seems total is 15000 already. hope we get a second chance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi all,
I have become PR and have visited Canada once with my family. Currently, I'm in home country. My father just expired. No one is there to take care of my mother. How can I make her to come to Canada along with?
If you only visited Canada once, you won't be qualify to apply for parent sponsorship (which current lottery had been closed and picked).
The soonest you can try is next year. BUT if you never lived in Canada at all, 3 years + 1 more year to even be able to show interest to apply.

She could apply for visitor visa but she needs to show strong ties back at your home country.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
we can find it out on the website.

First digit total entries

0 1467
1 1533
2 1548
3 1545
4 1484
5 1495
6 1470
7 1543
8 1499
9 1416

Total 15000

It seems total is 15000 already. hope we get a second chance.
That makes total sense! But I still believe that there is a strong chance for the second round. IRCC has used the work 'First Round' in its announcement webpage.

Reactions: nayr69sg and yycpam

yycpam

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
That makes total sense! But I still believe that there is a strong chance for the second round. IRCC has used the work 'First Round' in its announcement webpage.
That's true, but I won't get my hopes up. I'll be happy if I get drawn, whenever it is.

Chandra10

Jan 2, 2018
This is regarding the sponsorship of my parents. I don’t have birth certificate. Is an affidavit from my parents enough ? Or is there any other document that can be given in place of it?
Thanks.

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
1. It doesn't matter which parent is the PA.

2. No, it isn't an issue. You don't have to use a co-signer if you don't want to.

3. It is generally easier to make yourself their representative, as you can then deal with IRCC on their behalf.
Thanks Canuck

Actually I dont remember whom I selected as Principal Applicant in Interest to Sponsor form (Father or Mother), can anyone confirm if we were required to identify Principal Applicant in Interest to Sponsor form ?