+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

MoeS

Oct 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

How long is your permanent visa typically valid? Is it issued from the date of your application is Final and "Decision Made". or from the date of your Medical is completed ?

Thanks.

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Did ircc send email if you approved as a sponsor?
Yes, they do letting you know if you were approved or not, as well as where the next phase of the file will be processed, in my case the letter said, it is being transferred to NDVO for further processing.

tarunneha2012

Jun 23, 2012
Hi All,

I had applied in 2018 for my parents PR.
yesterday online status changed to Decision made but no PPR.
Processing is being done in new delhi, INDIA
I have tried linking my application and failed always.

is there a way to know what happened , number to contact or any way to get to know whether its approved or rejected?
how long before i can expect a PPR? Any idea..
thanks.

bombomdha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi All,

is there a way to know what happened , number to contact or any way to get to know whether its approved or rejected?
thanks.
You failed to link your account probably because you wrote wrong number of people in the application. If you sponsored for both father and mother and if you have a co-signer in your application, the number of peole in the application is 4. I think this helps.

tarunneha2012

Jun 23, 2012
You failed to link your account probably because you wrote wrong number of people in the application. If you sponsored for both father and mother and if you have a co-signer in your application, the number of peole in the application is 4. I think this helps.
thanks a lot that helped and now the application is linked.
really appreciate your help.

It says pending registration

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
Hi All,

thanks.
Hi TarunNeha!

I got status change to decision made on Sep 4, 2019 and got a letter (in email) on Sep 16, 2019 with result ( acceptance)
I think they take few days to send you letter. But i guess if you see decision made for sponsor and "In-process" for your parents application that is good sign.

Cheers!!

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
Hi Guys,

How long is your permanent visa typically valid? Is it issued from the date of your application is Final and "Decision Made". or from the date of your Medical is completed ?

Thanks.
PR VISA is valid for one year from the date of Medical exam taken.

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hi there, sending a document to London visa office through an email (LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca) - Do they typically send acknowledgement in response to your email? other than the auto-reply... any confirmation email?

Thanks!

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi there, sending a document to London visa office through an email (LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca) - Do they typically send acknowledgement in response to your email? other than the auto-reply... any confirmation email?

Thanks!
No. Auto reply is the acknowledgement. Save the auto reply and the original message in case you need to prove that you did send the document.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi All,

thanks.
Try calling the CIC call center if you are having trouble linking your online account. There are a number of possibilities why you failed to link the account. Make sure you have at least 1 hr for the call because the wait time can be quite long. But, once you get through, the agent can walk you through to link the account.

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
No. Auto reply is the acknowledgement. Save the auto reply and the original message in case you need to prove that you did send the document.
Sounds good and thanks for quick reply.

Although the email I sent seems it's been sent along with the attached documents... however I was just worried coz documents were almost 6.5MB and I'm hoping they did get that too :)
Fingers crossed!! :p

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Sounds good and thanks for quick reply.

Although the email I sent seems it's been sent along with the attached documents... however I was just worried coz documents were almost 6.5MB and I'm hoping they did get that too :)
Fingers crossed!! :p
haha...No problem. By the way, the file size limit is 10MB for email. So, your documents should get there just fine.

Reactions: ali_2018

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Thanks for the response. It is so hard to get hold of someone at IRCC. I was thinking if anyone would know about this? Do we typically get two PPRs or just one.

My parent's timeline:
Application Received - Sep 18, 2018
AOR - Dec 12, 2018
Medical Req - Apr 04, 2019
DM - Sep 12, 2019
PPR - Sep 13, 2019
Primary Office - CPC Mississauga
Visa Office - New Delhi
just one, but they should issue visa and CORP for each parent

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello All,

we have received Passport Request . I have few questions.

1) what is pre arrival letter that few members are talking about?
2) When is this pre arrival letter expected ? before/after PPR?
3) what are the next steps after Passport submission and receiving the passport?

Thanks in advance.
1. forget about it at all :)
3. landing