+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
My Timeline is as below: For both my parents (currently in India)

File Received at CIC: 04-09-2018
Sponsor Approval: 27-02-2019
Visa Office: Ottawa
Medical & PCC requested: 28-02-2019
First set of Medical Test results submitted:15-03-2019
Further medical tests requested (For Primary Applicant):30-04-2019
Final medical reports submitted:15-07-2019
Medical Results:Still awaited
Background check :Not asked for so far

Guys my guess is as good as yours...Still give me possible ideas as when to expect some replies/ results from CIC !!! Many Thanks

Last edited:

bombomdha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi everyone,
@ Yulia pls update decision made today on ecas for the principal applicant didn’t receive any correspondence on cic account. Also my father received a correspondence letter regarding medical surveillance. Anyone here who received the same letter? He just need to visit the clinic upon arrival to Canada? Please help and advise on how to proceed. Thanks[/QUOT

Those getting medical surveillance will have to call Health Canada within a few days after arrival and they will give you instructions as to what your parents should do. For example, if they have tb, the health canada will make necessary treatment arrangements. But if you forget to call them, they will call you and warn “they may cancel pR and deport them as they pose threat to other Canadians health.

Reactions: Gjs40

rohan1103

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Hi everyone,
@ Yulia pls update decision made today on ecas for the principal applicant didn’t receive any correspondence on cic account. Also my father received a correspondence letter regarding medical surveillance. Anyone here who received the same letter? He just need to visit the clinic upon arrival to Canada? Please help and advise on how to proceed. Thanks
Yes, we got that too. Just take a copy and show it to immigration officer during landing.
Next step would be to get PPR.... For us it took 1 month from decision made to get PPR. but this timeline varies case to case.
Waiting for PPR to COPR step and then landing.

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Hi everyone,

I wanna know when the sponsorship application opens what information is required for me to just submit my interest? I know this year was filled within 10 minutes so I want to have all the information available when submitting my interest.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Yes, we got that too. Just take a copy and show it to immigration officer during landing.
Next step would be to get PPR.... For us it took 1 month from decision made to get PPR. but this timeline varies case to case.
Waiting for PPR to COPR step and then landing.
What is COPR? Is there anything they should do after submitting passports?

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
Hi>>>>> Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)
Your CoPR is proof that you are a Canadian permanent resident; however, it is not a travel document and is not recognized for re-entry by airlines or other commercial transportation carriers. ... If you are driving, you can use your CoPR to re-enter at a Canada-US border crossing though.

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
@YULIA-2016 wohoooo
Decision made this morning.
Also recd pre arrival letter.
Looks like we have similar timelines.. did you receive request for passport or came to know on the what decision they made?
I tried contacting the agent on phone and they said, they cant provide details on files being processed outside of Canada.

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Thank you for your reply. So they will request for passport submission and then they will provide that COPR letter right? They will bring and show that COPR upon arrival?

Which Visa Office your application processed?