+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Reactions: Gjs40

bombomdha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
After DM, how many days does NDVO take to send PPR? Can someone please share an average number of days? After Pre-Arrival Letter, DM means "Approval" I guess. Not able to see anything more than just DM.

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
After DM, how many days does NDVO take to send PPR? Can someone please share an average number of days? After Pre-Arrival Letter, DM means "Approval" I guess. Not able to see anything more than just DM.
Me too.. when I called the phone agent they told me I will have to wait as they cannot access files being processed outside of Canada.. really sounded weird as the system would be synchronized and why would they have different systems.
Hope receive PPR soon..

bombomdha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Ottawa. . but just wondering why additional documents like travel history and military history has been requested by mississauga office though.
Travel history and military history are keys to check their criminality and background check

rohan1103

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
@Gjs40 Lots of us waiting PPR from ottawa from month an half in row. Just FYI, go through the sheet.
Hello @jas1989 - I just realized one thing...... The PPR request didn't came from Ottawa :) believe me , I read the letter twice and read header and footer of the letter properly. For my parents they are from India and letter actually issued from Canadian High Commission in India.

In first section there are instructions how to submit your passport to VFS and they will send to Canadian High Commission.

On second page - They gave an option that if you are already in Canada then you can send passport to Ottawa.

Reason I am highlighting this - It seems files and directed to home country for some kind of processing and PPR request are coming from there.
I think in your case file may stuck some where in your parent's home country..... Again this is just my guess, I am not immigration Expert.....

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello @jas1989 - I just realized one thing...... The PPR request didn't came from Ottawa :) believe me , I read the letter twice and read header and footer of the letter properly. For my parents they are from India and letter actually issued from Canadian High Commission in India.

In first section there are instructions how to submit your passport to VFS and they will send to Canadian High Commission.

On second page - They gave an option that if you are already in Canada then you can send passport to Ottawa.

Reason I am highlighting this - It seems files and directed to home country for some kind of processing and PPR request are coming from there.
I think in your case file may stuck some where in your parent's home country..... Again this is just my guess, I am not immigration Expert.....

I think you were right. When i called them last week. Agent told me that our application was being sent to my parents home country. He said, They are the one who is gonna send the PPR, VISA and COPR. When i heard it i wasnt believe him cause our application was being process in Ottawa not in our home country. Now i think he is right cause like what u said. U got the letter from india not in ottawa

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019

When you received the sponsorship approval letter, what was the LVO mentioned there ? The letter says which visa office the parents file is forwarded for further processing.

rohan1103

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
When you received the sponsorship approval letter, what was the LVO mentioned there ? The letter says which visa office the parents file is forwarded for further processing.
It was Mississauga , All processing happened in Mississauga.
and I think letter make sense also, Assume my parents were in India then they can't send their passports to Ottawa.... It illegal to send passport out of country by Post, then they need to send it to Canada High Commission in their home country.

In the second page of letter, they mentioned that - IF you are in Canada , Alternatively you can also send your passport to Ottawa. They are on visitor visa and are in Canada thats why we choose that option.

Thx

rohan1103

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Finally received Passport back from Ottawa. Took almost 3 weeks. Now only border crossing s left.
Thanks for everyone's help and support.
Can you please share your timelines , Specially when your passport received in Ottawa and when you got it back.
Our passports received at Ottawa on Sep 10 and still waiting ...... Many Thanks In advance.

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015

Hello Rohan

Thanks for your information, my parents are from India as well. Wait n watch is the game now

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
congrats!! when did CPC-M requested your parents PCC?
their post from Tuesday:

PPR Request today. Medical passed July 22, 2019, Medical Done May 21, 2019 for my Dad while my mom January 10, 2019 (we used her supervisa medical) Police Certificate requested Augusts 18, 2019.