Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I filed interest to sponsor form. Fingers crossed now!
Do we get confirmation email after submitting "Interest" ?

I did not got it. May be the same for everyone. However I got the confirmation webpage showing Number etc... But email.

Can any one please confirm?

Thanks

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
You need to fill information of everyone you are sponsoring, including your brother.
Can you please let us know where we need to mention the brother information. In case if you are referring to point 5. which is to provide names and dates of birth for the parents and grandparents you wish to sponsor. Please clarify where the brother information needs to be filled?

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Do we get confirmation email after submitting "Interest" ?

I did not got it. May be the same for everyone. However I got the confirmation webpage showing Number etc... But email.

Can any one please confirm?

Thanks
No you will not get any email now after your submit. Just make a note of the confirmation number you get after you submit the application

Reactions: Another-Immigrant

Dipsjai

May 8, 2016
Does supervisa for my parents counts as I am" financially responsible" for them untill visa ends..??shall i count my parents in question no.2 of 2018 webform?i am applying for same parents.
My family has me,husband and 2 kids.my parents got supervisa in 2012.the form says count any person you are "financially responsible".so shall i add my parents?i am applying for same parents.

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Guys,

I have this weird question. I am a single female and not married, no kids. But i have 2 siblings married and settled in my country. How can i answer this questions.

1. How many family members are currently in your family unit? (required)
- It is my family in canada right in which case is 1. I dont need to give details of my siblings in my country. Right?

2. Tell us the number of persons you want to sponsor and their family members. Count the number of parents and grandparents you want to
sponsor AND their dependents (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include the dependants who will not come to
Canada with your parents or grandparents.
- They are asking us to give dependants of my parents. Will my sister and brother be dependents, they both are above 18.
should i just answer 2 for mom and dad?

Thanks,
Nureya

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to fill information of everyone you are sponsoring, including your brother.
You certainly DO NOT need to fill the info of any dependents as there are no columns for that in the interest form.

Can anyone please advise if it is needed to fill out both parents' info on two separate lines when one is dependent of the other ?

sarfarosh9349

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Hi,
I have both of my parents, but my father is very sick and completely bed ridden and have medical complexities and issues. Considering that I only wanted to apply for my mother. I have been told that even though I apply only for my mother but when CIC will call for medical they will also ask about my father. Is that true...?

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
Hi,

I am in a similar situation as well. Only difference is I am getting married in March 2018. I talked to IRCC agent at their toll free number twice to be sure. You do NOT need income for 5 people for years prior to the year of birth of your child. You will need to maintain income requirement for 5 people from 2018 and going forward but NOT for 2015, 2016, or 2017. Make sure you submit birth certificate of your chid that shows the birth is in 2018. You can call IRCC call centre yourself to confirm. Congratulations and good luck for your child and everything!
Thank you very much for the information! I did not call the call center yet.

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
Do you not have sufficient income for 5 ? The form indicates:

"The information you provide in this form must be the same as what you’ll put on your application if you’re invited to submit an application."

so if your family size will be 5 by the time you apply, that is what you should put on the form.

Edited for correctness.
If at the time you complete and submit app you have had your child, your family size will be 5. This means family of 5 LICO for 2015, 2016 and 2017.

It doesn't matter what you enter during the intent form, all that matters is when you submit the app. So some people may be eligible when intent form is filled, but no longer eligible and must waste their spot if picked, if they later don't qualify.
The thing is that I did not find either proof or non-proof of your words on CIC website. I don't see where they talk about loosing an ability to qualify if the number of dependents change AFTER the lottery application has been submitted. I guess I am going to call the call center this or next week and ask them.

I think stating 5 dependents in the lottery form is not correct if the baby is not born yet.

In meanwhile, if you have a link to cic website with a proof of your words could you please share?

Pheonix84

Jan 3, 2018
Hello,
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before and I cannot find any clarification on the CIC website.

The website says that they "will review the submissions and remove duplicate entries".

My Brother and I are both PR holders living in Toronto for over 4 years and have our own independent families here. We would now like to have our parents here on PR and want to send in their applications for the 2018 Draw.

I would like to know what exactly counts as a 'Duplicate Entry'. Is it:-
1. ONE PR Holder applying twice for his/her parents?
AND / OR
2. TWO Siblings (such as my brother and myself)... individually applying for our parents?

In the 2nd case, do they count 2 entries for the same parents as a "Duplicate Entry"? Since they were applied by 2 separate PR holders?

Thank you in advance for any insight on this. Thank you.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
If it was me I would just include his name, as it would be easier to simply change him to non-accompanying dependent vs trying to add him as an accompanying if you didn't list his name in interest form.

Either way he must be included in family size, and must undergo and pass a medical exam, even if he's non-accompanying in the app. Note if you don't meet income for both parents, or he fails medical exam, that will result in rejection of your mom's PR app.
Thanks @Rob_TO. I understand it's advisable to list everyone I would sponsor, not just the Principle Applicant ( the mom). Just for my own knowledge, is this a must from CIC that everyone (PA and family members) on the PR application is listed on the Interests to Sponsor form other than just the PA?

By the way, including dad, the sponsor's income is enough and dad is healthy.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
No you will not get any email now after your submit. Just make a note of the confirmation number you get after you submit the application
@kbanatwala thank you for your reply and confirmation. Then i am good.

Not sure why CIC don't take extra step to send an email (as we fill the email address already) with all the information we filled in. This way every one has more clarity and confirmation

I think CIC don't want that type of clarity. Like last year I was eligible to apply on basis of 2014/2015/2016. But beginning of 2017, CIC only allow on basis of 2013/2014/2015. Some how later in 2017 CIC realized that "Oh even this is also possible" and changed its mind and allow to apply on basis of 2014/15/16. It was not the case in beginning of 2017 and I missed the time to apply in 2017. Anyhow may be this time

Thank you one again for your quick help

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Guys,

I have this weird question. I am a single female and not married, no kids. But i have 2 siblings married and settled in my country. How can i answer this questions.

1. How many family members are currently in your family unit? (required)
- It is my family in canada right in which case is 1. I dont need to give details of my siblings in my country. Right?

2. Tell us the number of persons you want to sponsor and their family members. Count the number of parents and grandparents you want to
sponsor AND their dependents (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include the dependants who will not come to
Canada with your parents or grandparents.
- They are asking us to give dependants of my parents. Will my sister and brother be dependents, they both are above 18.
should i just answer 2 for mom and dad?

Thanks,
Nureya
1. Yes you are the only one in your family
2. Your Mom and Dad AND if any dependent

Here is CIC consider about dependent

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#dependent_child

Definition of a dependent child as of October 24, 2017

Children qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• they’re under 22 years old, and
  • they don’t have a spouse or common-law partner.
Children 22 years old or older (also known as an overage dependent children) qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition.
Hope this help