+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Me and my wife have approved sponsorship in parents and grandparent visa, suppose to land on June 12, 2020, have submit our position of not able to travel on webform, they say they will review our case and let us know if they can extend because we are 68 and 65 years and no good to travel in this circumstances, second question our destinaton is Vancouver, is it possible we can enter through border from seattle instead fly to vancouver ? please suggest.
Your parents are going to have to travel at a certain point before a vaccine is created. Whether they can delay for a few months will be up to CIC. Think you need to come to terms with the idea that they will have to travel. Luckily they are still relatively young versus other parents. As others have pointed out your parents would need to remain in the US for 14 days to be able to enter Canada that way. Extensions seem to only be granted once COPRs are expired.

Reactions: hinavin

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
@neeti2090 - one of the sponsor noted that in April on whatsapp group for 2018 PGP- he was advised of it by NDVO- has your parents visa expired? I assume they could not make it to Canada
ok. Yes my parents visa expired and they could not come here because of lockdown in India. I have raised the webform but have received the generic reply. If they have to do medical and police clearance again then it will be long process again.What about your parents? where are they now?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
ok. Yes my parents visa expired and they could not come here because of lockdown in India. I have raised the webform but have received the generic reply. If they have to do medical and police clearance again then it will be long process again.What about your parents? where are they now?
@neeti2090 - My parent's COPR would expire on July 2nd - I can foresee the challenges in getting medicals and Police clearance certificates again especially under current circumstances in Bombay. They were originally booked for April 16- changed to May 2nd and now June is also up in the air

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@neeti2090 - My parent's COPR would expire on July 2nd - I can foresee the challenges in getting medicals and Police clearance certificates again especially under current circumstances in Bombay
It seems that most are being given extensions without needing to repeat medicals. You will be expected to try to fly if it is possible before a July. If extensions go on for longer that may change.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
@neeti2090 - My parent's COPR would expire on July 2nd - I can foresee the challenges in getting medicals and Police clearance certificates again especially under current circumstances in Bombay. They were originally booked for April 16- changed to May 2nd and now June is also up in the air
oh you still have time until July 2nd the validity of COPR ..so you should be fine. My parents from mumbai too..Btw are they coming via air India Delhi - Toronto flight? Is Air India taking bookings since lockdown is still going on?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
It seems that most are being given extensions without needing to repeat medicals. You will be expected to try to fly if it is possible before a July. If extensions go on for longer that may change.
Is it? Extensions are given to expired copr holders without medical and police clearance?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
oh you still have time until July 2nd the validity of COPR ..so you should be fine. My parents from mumbai too..Btw are they coming via air India Delhi - Toronto flight? Is Air India taking bookings since lockdown is still going on?
@neeti2090 - originally booked via KLM but since KLM has cancelled its operations - they rebooked them via AC 9355 operated by Lufthansa through Frankfurt- they are scheduled to land in Calgary though

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
@neeti2090 - originally booked via KLM but since KLM has cancelled its operations - they rebooked them via AC 9355 operated by Lufthansa through Frankfurt- they are scheduled to land in Calgary though
That's good. Am in Toronto so looking for direct flight for them from India. Air India is best option for direct flight.