+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for the info. Can you send the website where they have mentioned it. It will be a relief for everyone if parents do not have to do medical again.
There is no website or written policy. This is based on others reporting their extensions. Others have been receiving a 3 month extension when their COPR expires and they have not been able to travel. The longer they don’t fly the increased chances they may be asked to repeat their medical. They should fly once airline start flying again.

Reactions: neeti2090

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
There is no website or written policy. This is based on others reporting their extensions. Others have been receiving a 3 month extension when their COPR expires and they have not been able to travel. The longer they don’t fly the increased chances they may be asked to repeat their medical. They should fly once airline start flying again.
@neeti2090 also check out Etihad and Emirates for Toronto- might be a bit expensive but will get the work done- also look for Air Canada- I think they run direct from ND to Vancouver
Thanks .. will do. But now their copr is already expired so they cannot travel. Waiting for updates on the extension. Then they will fly asap.

Reactions: keyaar

ralirehmani0617

Mar 25, 2020
Your parents are going to have to travel at a certain point before a vaccine is created. Whether they can delay for a few months will be up to CIC. Think you need to come to terms with the idea that they will have to travel. Luckily they are still relatively young versus other parents. As others have pointed out your parents would need to remain in the US for 14 days to be able to enter Canada that way. Extensions seem to only be granted once COPRs are expired.
thanks for your reply

Sreshta15

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Request
15-05-2019
Hi, My mom's Visa expiry date is June 12th. However, we have cancelled the trip before June 12th. so i hav submitted the web form and i received below response.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and, if applicable, your family members are able to travel, please notify us by using the IRCC Web form. At that time, you will be provided with further instructions.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hi, My mom's Visa expiry date is June 12th. However, we have cancelled the trip before June 12th. so i hav submitted the web form and i received below response.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and, if applicable, your family members are able to travel, please notify us by using the IRCC Web form. At that time, you will be provided with further instructions.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

Sincerely,

Hi
My parents visa already expired. I also received the same form. However they have not mentioned regarding visa extension and whether medical will needed to redo again.Do you have any news about it?

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
Hi,
Does anyone know if london visa offfice is opened yet or not? we havent heard from them for months and now getting worried. Only medical check has been done for my parents. Criminality and background still needs to be done.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
My parents visa already expired. I also received the same form. However they have not mentioned regarding visa extension and whether medical will needed to redo again.Do you have any news about it?
You have to wait. Once COPR expires extension will start being processed but they are processing a very large number of requests.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
You have to wait. Once COPR expires extension will start being processed but they are processing a very large number of requests.
Thanks. The status of their application is changed to Submitted now from Approved. So does that mean they have started reprocessing the application?

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Thanks. The status of their application is changed to Submitted now from Approved. So does that mean they have started reprocessing the application?
Hi there,
When was the last date of the visa ur parents were to travel from India...
My parent's COPR will expire on June 26th... and I see.no flights as from.India to bring them here
Did.u apply for and extension what is cic response how many months will they give extension??

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015

Sincerely,

Hi there
I'm.in.the same boat as you were
What did cic say regarding an extension ??

Could u.please let know
Thanx

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hi there,
When was the last date of the visa ur parents were to travel from India...
My parent's COPR will expire on June 26th... and I see.no flights as from.India to bring them here
Did.u apply for and extension what is cic response how many months will they give extension??
Hi
My parents copr expired April 30th. I had filled the web form informing that they could not travel because of covid and then that their copr has expired. Received the standard email. now also from India it is not possible to travel because of the lockdown, no flights available if they are prices are too high and are long flights. so first have to wait for get extension on visa and then only can think about travel. I am not sure what will be the extension process? will they ask to redo medical? Did anyone get extension?

Beesan

Jun 2, 2020
Hi all,
I am looking to sponsorship my parents and 20 yrs old brother. my brother and I immigrated to Canada in Sep 2017, We have full-time jobs since 2018. Our joint income meets the requirements for 2 years only (2018/2019). What can we do? and what are the steps to apply?

Thanks

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Hi all,
I am looking to sponsorship my parents and 20 yrs old brother. my brother and I immigrated to Canada in Sep 2017, We have full-time jobs since 2018. Our joint income meets the requirements for 2 years only (2018/2019). What can we do? and what are the steps to apply?

Thanks

I think your brother can't be co signers if you plan to sponsor your parents ..

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Hi
My parents copr expired April 30th. I had filled the web form informing that they could not travel because of covid and then that their copr has expired. Received the standard email. now also from India it is not possible to travel because of the lockdown, no flights available if they are prices are too high and are long flights. so first have to wait for get extension on visa and then only can think about travel. I am not sure what will be the extension process? will they ask to redo medical? Did anyone get extension?
Oh ok
Did you not receive any other means of communication for an extension YET from cic other than the standard letter you mentioned??

Thanx