Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
We are all in the same situation. My parents COPR stamped date is April 28th and now because of travel restrictions they cannot travel from India. They are so tensed. We are all waiting for clear answers but no ones for sure whats will be done. Will they extend the entry entry? Please help.
Hi there,

One more amongst many here who are perplexed. Yet to hear back from CIC, had asked for extension of Landing deadline for my elderly mother, back on 11 March, They acknowledged and advised decisioning is under process.

The flight is still scheduled for 1 April Delhi - Torornto. Deadline on the visa is mid-May.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/approved-pr-exempted-from-travel-ban-for-landing-deadline-mar-july-2020-are-you-risking-covid19-or-taking-the-plunge.682989/

Would welcome your thoughts - appreciate that there cannot be any black and white answers. But hearing opinions, help!

Thank you for your time!

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Did anyone fill the Webform online requesting for extension? What details did you enter in there?
Hi there,
Yes, we did, on 11 March. The acknowledgement arrived on 17th, stating decision is underway. Awaiting CIC's decision.

Although as some of the US state governers mentioned - COVID will be on for a while, is expected to infect 40 to 80% of population (in US) eventually. So not sure is it safer for Mum to stay in India, ride it out. Or just come over here - we might have better ratio of people to medical equipment, than in Indian cities?!?! ~ confusion :)

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hi there,

One more amongst many here who are perplexed. Yet to hear back from CIC, had asked for extension of Landing deadline for my elderly mother, back on 11 March, They acknowledged and advised decisioning is under process.

The flight is still scheduled for 1 April Delhi - Torornto. Deadline on the visa is mid-May.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/approved-pr-exempted-from-travel-ban-for-landing-deadline-mar-july-2020-are-you-risking-covid19-or-taking-the-plunge.682989/

Would welcome your thoughts - appreciate that there cannot be any black and white answers. But hearing opinions, help!

Thank you for your time!
Hello,

My parents will be also be taking the same flight Delhi to Toronto in the first week of April. However looking at the current situation, we still don't know whether they will be allowed to travel, will the flights be running from India (heard most flights are closed because of the curfew) , and most important will it be safe for them to travel regarding health. Also they will be asked to asked to self isolate for 14 days. How will they do that?

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hello,

My parents will be also be taking the same flight Delhi to Toronto in the first week of April. However looking at the current situation, we still don't know whether they will be allowed to travel, will the flights be running from India (heard most flights are closed because of the curfew) , and most important will it be safe for them to travel regarding health. Also they will be asked to asked to self isolate for 14 days. How will they do that?
Hello again,

New notification is advising that the exemption is not yet in force. So I guess its wait and watch. I would think April end or May first half could be planned. Your parent's landing deadline is April 27th, correct? If so you should be okay.

Best wishes for your and family's health, Neeti!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Last edited:
Reactions: neeti2090

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hello again,

New notification is advising that the exemption is not yet in force. So I guess its wait and watch. I would think April end or May first half could be planned. Your parent's landing deadline is April 27th, correct? If so you should be okay.

Best wishes for your and family's health, Neeti!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html
Thanks. India has 21 days lockdown. Hopefully flights start before COPR expires.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello again,
Approved PR can now travel to Canada via both land and air. They have the exemption in place now.

Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.

Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Thanks. India has 21 days lockdown. Hopefully flights start before COPR expires.
@neeti2090 So now that the exemptions are in place and parents are able to travel, what are the thoughts on travel dates - the restrictions in Delhi are until 12 or 15 of April correct? Mom's ticket is for 1 April...so thinking of pushing it to third week of April.

Folks are now talking about the second wave of COVID 19...which if true might then keep them locked in India for even longer - and thats my worry.

In a conundrum really.

Last edited:

PGP2018_QC

Aug 17, 2018
Is there anyone in the group whose parents couldn't travel because of lock down or health risk and IRCC allowed extension of the landing timeline? Just wondering if IRCC is allowing extension at all. Thanks.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Is there anyone in the group whose parents couldn't travel because of lock down or health risk and IRCC allowed extension of the landing timeline? Just wondering if IRCC is allowing extension at all. Thanks.
I have the same question as I am also in the same situation.

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi All, does anyone else get the PPR after March 12? Anyone has any idea if Canada High Comission Delhi is still working??

Sreshta15

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Request
15-05-2019
I have the same question as I am also in the same situation.
Hi Neeti,

Did you get any response from IRCC for your webform regarding extension of landing date? please update.
My mom's landing time line is June 10th, but still im in confusion to plan her travel or not.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hi Neeti,

Did you get any response from IRCC for your webform regarding extension of landing date? please update.
My mom's landing time line is June 10th, but still im in confusion to plan her travel or not.
Hi,

No response yet. My parents COPR expiring end of April and since the lockdown in India is extended so no way they can travel before the expiration date.
Did anyone else got response regarding extensions?