+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
To those with almost expiring medicals:
- If your medical exam is about to expire (i.e. one or two months left), go ahead and ask for another medical exam *if you think your security check is about to finish. This is needed because they won't issue visa with 1 or 2 months left for medical. Heck, it might even be more, like 3-5 months. I am not sure what the exact number of months it is that they need the expiry to be valid for but they definitely won't issue visa when a month is left.
- I have not heard of anyone's medical expiry date get extended so that might be a myth or once in a blue moon thing so above applies in almost all cases.
- Visa office would not be proactive about this. You have to push politely for it.
- I have seen a case where a visa office was proactive about it but that is again once in a blue moon thing.
My parents' medical are expiring dec17, 2019. Current status is "back ground check in progress" . I hope they process it before medicals expire. Otherwise i can request re medicals in novemeber i guess

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
My parents' medical are expiring dec17, 2019. Current status is "back ground check in progress" . I hope they process it before medicals expire. Otherwise i can request re medicals in novemeber i guess
my IME was expired Jun 2018, I've got a new one in Jul 2019 after I asked them what's going on

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
I also got the medical request after asking them about the progress of what is going on
Most likely means your security is now passed.
This means they won't issue visa if your medical is not good for more than 4 months (yours is expiring Dec 2019). As I said previously, my guess is they need 6 solid months to issue visa which is in line with passports must have 6 months validity too....(not sure why that rule is but anyhow).

Last edited:

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Thank you very much
I do not have any military or sensitive job and do not know have any information about CBSA.
I submit my passports in Islamabad, Pakistan
(Address
Canada Visa Application Centre
Park Road, Bakhtawar
Chak Shazad, Islamabad)
and received from same location.

Good Luck to all of you who is in this line.
Thanks for the info.

Was it two people in your application? If yes, did they charge you TWO package fees for each person - each 1486 Rs (total 2980 Rs.)? Were both dependent and primary applicant sent in one package with one tracking ID? Or two?

Last edited:

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hi, would you mind share how to request new medical exam since my parents already expired old one for two months . Thank you very much!
Hey. I did not request it. I just sent an IRCC Webform stating that its been almost 1.5 year that my file has been PUT AWAY (thats what it showed on GCMS notes). and have not received medical request etc.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Do you all have a progress bar on your MyCIC account with estimated remaining processing time. ?

I have this bar and been showing for last few weeks now. Just wondering if you all have this too

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Do you all have a progress bar on your MyCIC account with estimated remaining processing time. ?

I have this bar and been showing for last few weeks now. Just wondering if you all have this too
Yes, that started recently. Once you get to 24 months it will say you are past normal time and when your case is complete it will say so.

This is aesthetic and not usable in anyway whatsoevwr AFAIK.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Hi All, NDVO has requested death certificate for my father and we don’t have. Can I get an affidavit in Canada declaring the same or any other recommendations??

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Just checked mycic account today, Background Check has started
Hi, my friends she is trying to connect to the on-line service to check her parents application but she can’t she is trying to use UCI number for his father and family name, birthdate, country..
Could you please assist me why?
Thanks,

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hi, my friends she is trying to connect to the on-line service to check her parents application but she can’t she is trying to use UCI number for his father and family name, birthdate, country..
Could you please assist me why?
Thanks,
There are two ways to check the status

1. eCas online status (this gives you a quick current status) (you can use UCI or application number or any other criteria along with the applicant name birthdate and country of birth to check this status) here is the link https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
2. MyCIC online service (this gives you a more detailed status check) (for this one you will have to create an account and link your paper application to the online account using the information that was submitted in the paper application. here is the link to create the account https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html