+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
There are two ways to check the status

1. eCas online status (this gives you a quick current status) (you can use UCI or application number or any other criteria along with the applicant name birthdate and country of birth to check this status) here is the link https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
2. MyCIC online service (this gives you a more detailed status check) (for this one you will have to create an account and link your paper application to the online account using the information that was submitted in the paper application. here is the link to create the account https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Thank you so much

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi, my friends she is trying to connect to the on-line service to check her parents application but she can’t she is trying to use UCI number for his father and family name, birthdate, country..
Could you please assist me why?
Thanks,
Omit one item each time you try and it will work. For example, don't input country even if it asks. Next time try without passport, and so on...

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
@YULIA-2016 do you remember if you got two copies of COPR (one with picture and one without) and that also both had a watermark of "Not valid for travel"?

I am wondering what airlines require for proof. Password Visa stamp (which has no picture) and one copy of COPR?

Reactions: YULIA-2016

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Today ,i got a request to do medicals again for parents.my parents previous medicals were valid till Dec17,2019.
There are 10 weeks left in normal processing time of 24weeks.
I hope asking for medicals again is a good sign that they wanna do it in time.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
This is what i was asked last month, i submitted the birth certificate which was issued after my immigration to Canada. now that i read it again. I feel like they are asking for proof of parent-child relationship document issued prior to my immigration to Canada. Can someone comment on this @YULIA-2016 and other seniors ?

Birth registration/certificate: Birth registration/certificate Please submit a
copy of your sponsor’s official birth certificate issued at the time of their birth, such as a
municipal birth certificate or hospital record. If you are unable to provide an original birth
certificate issued at or shortly after the time of birth, please provide other supporting
documentation which clearly shows your parent-child relationship. This can include their
educational degrees, certificates or transcripts listing parents’ names; a current or
previous Pakistan passport; and any other documents issued in their name prior to their
emigration to Canada, such as their Nikkah Nama (with a certified translation). This must
be received at this office by

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
@YULIA-2016 do you remember if you got two copies of COPR (one with picture and one without) and that also both had a watermark of "Not valid for travel"?

I am wondering what airlines require for proof. Password Visa stamp (which has no picture) and one copy of COPR?
CORP was 1 copy for each parent

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Today ,i got a request to do medicals again for parents.my parents previous medicals were valid till Dec17,2019.
There are 10 weeks left in normal processing time of 24weeks.
I hope asking for medicals again is a good sign that they wanna do it in time.
yes, I've got PPR after 3 mon after IME was redone

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
This is what i was asked last month, i submitted the birth certificate which was issued after my immigration to Canada. now that i read it again. I feel like they are asking for proof of parent-child relationship document issued prior to my immigration to Canada. Can someone comment on this @YULIA-2016 and other seniors ?
This can include their
educational degrees, certificates or transcripts listing parents’ names; a current or
previous Pakistan passport ( for example in Russia all kids mentioned in parents passports); and any other documents issued in their name prior to their

emigration to Canada, such as their Nikkah Nama (with a certified translation). This must
yes, provide any initial document

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
yes, provide any initial document
Thanks, Note that i am passed the deadline for submitting those documents. I submitted the documents before but missed the part where it said birth certificate or other documents issued prior to emigration to canada.

I will be sending further documents like transcript, degree, my old passport and very old municipality birth certificate with a letter. I hope that should be ok.

Also i received background check in progress after submitting the documents last month.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Birth registration/certificate: Birth registration/certificate Please submit a
copy of your sponsor’s official birth certificate issued at the time of their birth, such as a
municipal birth certificate or hospital record. If you are unable to provide an original birth
certificate issued at or shortly after the time of birth, please provide other supporting
documentation which clearly shows your parent-child relationship. This can include their
previous Pakistan passport; and any other documents issued in their name prior to their
Hi @ALM123

<<<Proof of relationship with sponsor.
I had received a similar request for my Mother. I do NOT have any birth certificate (unlike your old one as you mention later)

For India, they are asking for
- Adhar Card (my mother has it - I shall send to CIC. But I do not hold one!!!). I had earlier sent my Canadian Passport, COPR, PR card's scan etc - does not appear those worked.

I received a **FINAL NOTICE– THIS LETTER WILL NOT BE RE-ISSUED** . from CIC. Deadline is in a week.

So: I shall send my class 10 certificate (with D.O.B.) - again my mother does not have any school certificates.
Cover letter. My old Indian Passport (which is now cancelled as India does not allow dual citizenship).

Anyone has any other suggestions - kindly share. Thanks in advance!

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi @ALM123

<<<Proof of relationship with sponsor.
I had received a similar request for my Mother. I do NOT have any birth certificate (unlike your old one as you mention later)

For India, they are asking for
- Adhar Card (my mother has it - I shall send to CIC. But I do not hold one!!!). I had earlier sent my Canadian Passport, COPR, PR card's scan etc - does not appear those worked.

I received a **FINAL NOTICE– THIS LETTER WILL NOT BE RE-ISSUED** . from CIC. Deadline is in a week.

So: I shall send my class 10 certificate (with D.O.B.) - again my mother does not have any school certificates.
Cover letter. My old Indian Passport (which is now cancelled as India does not allow dual citizenship).

Anyone has any other suggestions - kindly share. Thanks in advance!

Cancelled or not it may help. There are no rigid rules for proof of relationships so long as the officer says, "I am satisfied". So send all you can and use common sense.

If all fails a DNA check is requested.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Any progress with anyone's application ?
I am aware of a case finalized earlier last month.
So things are moving at London LVO but they wait for security to pass.

Comprehensive Security took 6 months almost to the day for one of the applicants and the dependent was not sent to security.

Re-medical was requested a month before the other was expired. Hence, my post that people should proactively ask for it (even 3-4 months before). Maybe they are observing the 6 months rule who knows...stupid unwritten rule probably.

Re-medical passed in 4 days. This is consistent with India office (I think Pakistan checks go to India medical office too).

After medical pass, (after 4 days of medical checkup), an email was sent to LLVO to request them to send Passport Request. They expedited it and sent PPR within 24 hours.

Visa was issued within 3 days and picked up on 4th day from VAC Islamabad.

This is probably a record breaker of 9 days from the day medical checkup was done to the day Visa was received (for pgp case).

All thanks to a great rep at LLVO. So, I don't think they are lazy but the process is out of their hand when it comes to security.

daman1987

Aug 25, 2015
Hi Guys,

My father got a PPR request today morning, there’s no mention for my Mother’s application is the letter. Do both parents get individual letters or only main applicant gets one?

Took about 14 months from Invitation to PPR for us.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi Guys,

My father got a PPR request today morning, there’s no mention for my Mother’s application is the letter. Do both parents get individual letters or only main applicant gets one?

Took about 14 months from Invitation to PPR for us.
Letter is made to "Dear [primary applicant]" but it's meant for all dependents as well. Send it all and you will be fine.