+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Too bad that the uncaring case workers didn't send this to you on time (January).

Anyhow, probably address is not important at this point and specially that you get all communication in email. They may ignore your other attempts of address change too...
But you don't think it's a problem to have that date on the letter? The instruction is 30 days from the date of the letter, not the date they emailed it to me...my fear is they will reject my application on this basis. I tried to call the New York office number from the website but the outgoing message says the office doesn't accept or respond to phone calls. Who would I call if not my LVO?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
But you don't think it's a problem to have that date on the letter? The instruction is 30 days from the date of the letter, not the date they emailed it to me...my fear is they will reject my application on this basis. I tried to call the New York office number from the website but the outgoing message says the office doesn't accept or respond to phone calls. Who would I call if not my LVO?
Their disorganization is not your problem. You selected to communicate via digital means so they should have sent this by email but they failed to do that.

Really, there are no rules whatsoever with CIC. They are a big mess to say the least.

However, the fact that you received this letter means you are good to go panel physician.

Good luck with reaching ANY LVO by phone. Send a Webform is good enough but I don't see why you should email about medical.

For address change you can do a Webform.

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Their disorganization is not your problem. You selected to communicate via digital means so they should have sent this by email but they failed to do that.

Really, there are no rules whatsoever with CIC. They are a big mess to say the least.

However, the fact that you received this letter means you are good to go panel physician.

Good luck with reaching ANY LVO by phone. Send a Webform is good enough but I don't see why you should email about medical.

For address change you can do a Webform.
I sent an email to the New York address too. I wonder if anyone reads those? It looks like they started processing the application on January 18 and never emailed the medical/PCC after they requested and received email information.

Yulia, can you update my timeline? Medical and PCC request received October 29.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
As a side note, once an applicant lands, you can Link their Permenet Residence *Card to My CIC login to track that.

Not much happens there other than getting a ghost update and card getting shipped but you can track it for old times sake like you did the case file all along...

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
i am not sure whats happening

ecas status updated to DECISION MADE, but no emails yet.

MYCIC status updated with We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Usually there is no RECEIVED to show on My CIC if I remember correctly. It just says Passed within 4-5 days for your area.

Sorry, I don't know who to contact. Maybe do a Webform to CIC Mississauga as well as London as may it's PASSED already but simply not reflected on My CIC. Alternative is you will be asked for further medical check if that's what they are thinking.
They sent an email today for further pulmonology consultation on 12th Nov for my mother. I am hoping for best outcome.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
i am not sure whats happening

ecas status updated to DECISION MADE, but no emails yet.

MYCIC status updated with We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
That is interesting if it is for *APPLICANT and not for *SPONSOR. If you are logging in using your own (sponsor's) UCI then it will have two columns showing Applicant and Sponsor. If Applicant shows decision made is interesting because they have not asked you for PPR yet. Since you have received pre-arrival notice hopefully this means all done and PPR request should be a day or few days away now.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
They sent an email today for further pulmonology consultation on 12th Nov for my mother. I am hoping for best outcome.
They may request a culture to show TB bacteria is not present in chest or not active. This can take 2-3 months to get results.

It's stupid that they follow this method instead of other tests that are available and can show active TB right away. If there are no coughs or symptoms of TB then even if there is TB it may not be active and this is safe. Patient can take antibiotic once arrives in Canada.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
That is interesting if it is for *APPLICANT and not for *SPONSOR. If you are logging in using your own (sponsor's) UCI then it will have two columns showing Applicant and Sponsor. If Applicant shows decision made is interesting because they have not asked you for PPR yet. Since you have received pre-arrival notice hopefully this means all done and PPR request should be a day or few days away now.
Ok i researched the forum, and looks like there has been some cases in which you get decision made for applicant. but PPR follows after some time (in some cases even 2 to 3 months before you get PPR)

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
received PPR yesterday,

Just one question, it has a form updated Appendix A. Do i have to fill all the child information even if they are permanent residents and canadian citizens.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
received PPR yesterday,

Just one question, it has a form updated Appendix A. Do i have to fill all the child information even if they are permanent residents and canadian citizens.
Aha!

Appendix A is ONLY for applicants (your parents). All info on that page should match the info of the passport that you are sending for visa so consult your passport on what to fill in those few columns.

*Of course if your parents have any dependent children that are also on the application and accompanying them to to Canada then you should fill their information too. Bottom line, anyone not getting a Visa must not go on this form.

Last edited:

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Aha!

Appendix A is ONLY for applicants (your parents). All info on that page should match the info of the passport that you are sending for visa so consult your passport on what to fill in those few columns.

*Of course if your parents have any dependent children that are also on the application and accompanying them to to Canada then you should fill their information too. Bottom line, anyone not getting a Visa must not go on this form.

We were unsure about this. and as nowhere it said who should be on the list.
We put everyones name on it just to be safe. and sent only the passports for my parents.

Hopefully its okay.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
We were unsure about this. and as nowhere it said who should be on the list.
We put everyones name on it just to be safe. and sent only the passports for my parents.

Hopefully its okay.
You will get the visa but may get delayed a bit if the officer gets confused because they will look for few more missing visas. Visa's are issued before your passports are requested (i.e. there is a number to it and seal ready). If you had written on the form that the child is the sponsor it may have helped a bit. Anyhow, there is no way they won't know what happened so they will issue the visa or may ask to refill the sheet.

This is just an *update* sheet for applicant in case their passport number changed or details of the passport.

The clue to not fill in other persons on this form is that Gov of Canada doesn't need to ask for a Canadian Passport details for a citizen because that info is already available through other means so this form is inclusively for applicants. They did use a poor choice of word "Child" and should have used "Dependents" instead or should have given a footnote what to put on the form.

P.S. 3 business days and you should get the passport from VFS Islamabad if this is a normal application.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
I sent the passports to Ottawa, since my parents are here. hopefully i will get the passports back with visas soon.