+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Rjaggs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
did anyone sent pcc for Canada ? as my parents are here in Canada (edmonton) since 2 years now. do i need to get (canada) pcc for them ?
My parents are here on Super visa for 2 years now and in the past 10 years they have stayed here on and off for more than a year and I didn't provide PCC for their stay in Canada. I called CIC call agent and they suggested the same.

ripus007

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
EDMONTON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
FC4
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Nomination.....
12-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
17-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-06-2018 used super visa Med's
My parents are here on Super visa for 2 years now and in the past 10 years they have stayed here on and off for more than a year and I didn't provide PCC for their stay in Canada. I called CIC call agent and they suggested the same.
Thanks for replay , that is what i was wondering

Rjaggs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
hi @Rjaggs... did you also received generic email on June 5th or did you received specific email for PCC? also when did your status change to background check processing? the reason why I'm asking as we both have same timeframe....thank you
I receievd the generic email on June 5th and no specific email for PCC request.

Reactions: Sunny6a

Rjaggs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for replay , that is what i was wondering
You can CIC call agent and confirm just for your satisfaction. Here is a screenshot of the email that CIC call center agent sent me for clarification on PCC. And if you click on that link' your time in Canada' It shows you this on the CIC website.
Do I need to get a police certificate for my time in Canada?
No. You don’t need to get a police certificate for your time in Canada.

Learn more about police certificates.

Police certificates

In general, if you and your family members want to immigrate to Canada, a police certificate is an essential part of your application.

Some countries may ask you to provide fingerprints, photos or a letter from Canadian immigration authorities explaining why you need a police certificate.

For more information on police certificates*:

• Verify the sections Police certificates of the Instruction guide and the Document checklist of your application kit,
  • Police certificates are generally valid for one year from the date they are issued,
  • You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada, and
  • Please visit our website for more details.
*If you cannot get a police certificate, we invite you to include a written explanation with your application and an original letter from the police authorities confirming that they will not issue a certificate.

Reactions: ripus007

freddo

Aug 14, 2017
did anyone sent pcc for Canada ? as my parents are here in Canada (edmonton) since 2 years now. do i need to get (canada) pcc for them ?
We are in the same situation, currently in Canada, and on our GCMS Notes it says:-
" Given age of applicants and Residency in Canada, Officer to Determine if RCMP Checks are required"
To date we have not been asked for RCMP Check and our ECAS is showing 'Decision Made' for 1 week now although we have not received an email yet since 'Decision Made'.

Rjaggs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi,
Has anyone here done the flagpoling method for landing for their parents ? My parents are here in Toronto so I was thinking of driving to Rainbow bridge and get their landing done. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

kevin.pete

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Can anyone please help with the PCC rules? My parents reside in India but have been have been travelling between India, US and Canada since last 5 years. They have not lived either in US or Canada for more than 180 days in a single visit. Do they need to submit the PCC from US and Canada in this case?

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
Hello,
I applied for parents and grandparents lottery in 2017 and 2018 and both time rejected. If one get selected how long does it take to get PR under this new lottery scheme.
Also when do they do second round of selection for parents and grand parents in 2018
Thank you,

Riya93

Jul 21, 2018
Hi!
If someone tell me how to link online application in MyCic, that would be really appreciated.
I tried so many times to link my application in account, the only msg I received that is we can not find your application.
I received the pcc request and medical. But I haven’t received the medical form.may be it’s in online account. So I want to know how to link application

kevin.pete

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hi!
If someone tell me how to link online application in MyCic, that would be really appreciated.
I tried so many times to link my application in account, the only msg I received that is we can not find your application.
I received the pcc request and medical. But I haven’t received the medical form.may be it’s in online account. So I want to know how to link application
Same here. I have tried to link it several times but everytime get the same message