+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

multipleapplications

Feb 23, 2018
My first post here.

Very, very happy to share we received decision made for parents earlier this week, possibly because they already had an approved super visa and medical results from there were also used for the PR application.

Application received by CIC end of June 2017
Police certificates requested in November 2017 and again (for a different country) in early Feb 2018.
Passport request: this week
Visa Office: London

We could not link the application to the ECAS so we could only see the 3-4 lines of updates (application received, requested additional information, etc. ).

We have multiple applications in progress and IRCC appears to be making progress on all of them. In some cases, we're not being patient enough, but in this case we've been happily surprised.
A quick update: passports received with immigrant visas stamped and the COPR documents enclosed last week (around mid-March).

Thank you everyone for your posts and updates. Wishing you a swift reunification of your families. All the best!

sha123456

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
unknown
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
A quick update: passports received with immigrant visas stamped and the COPR documents enclosed last week (around mid-March).

Thank you everyone for your posts and updates. Wishing you a swift reunification of your families. All the best!
congrats @multipleapplications. Would you mind telling me if your parents/grand parents were in Canada when you applied for sponsorship/filled forms? I have my parents here in Canada since last month only and i have been selected for 2018 so I am not sure what should be their "current country of residence" in IMM008.

Reactions: subtain

RobbieS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2016
Mohali,Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront and Acknowledged
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Interview........
Hopefully Not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Yes, as long as her income for the last three year (1 year for QC) meets LICO, you're eligible.

thanks for the reply.
Will that include me and my wife’s income together or just her income and if you could share what are the latest LICO requirements (+30percent)?

sha123456

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
unknown
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Hello all,

Selected for 2018 sponsorship, got a couple of a questions, hoping the senior member in this group can help out. Apologies if this has been asked already. I hope folks who have had this exact scenario or know someone in the same situation as me reply:

1) My parents are in Canada since early Feb '18. What should be their "Current country of residence" (question 10 on IMM008). Should it be Pakistan (their permanent residence) or Canada as they are physically here?
2) What if they dont have a marriage certificate? Cant the NIC/Passport/FRC [family registration certificate] be enough to prove that they are married?

Thanks

multipleapplications

Feb 23, 2018
congrats @multipleapplications. Would you mind telling me if your parents/grand parents were in Canada when you applied for sponsorship/filled forms? I have my parents here in Canada since last month only and i have been selected for 2018 so I am not sure what should be their "current country of residence" in IMM008.
They were not in Canada but we had recently applied for their super visas, so their medical was recent and was used for the PR application as well.

I'm not sure about "current country of residence"...

Reactions: sha123456

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
They were not in Canada but we had recently applied for their super visas, so their medical was recent and was used for the PR application as well.

I'm not sure about "current country of residence"...
Hello all,

Selected for 2018 sponsorship, got a couple of a questions, hoping the senior member in this group can help out. Apologies if this has been asked already. I hope folks who have had this exact scenario or know someone in the same situation as me reply:

1) My parents are in Canada since early Feb '18. What should be their "Current country of residence" (question 10 on IMM008). Should it be Pakistan (their permanent residence) or Canada as they are physically here?
2) What if they dont have a marriage certificate? Cant the NIC/Passport/FRC [family registration certificate] be enough to prove that they are married?

Thanks
Canada should be the current place of residence.

Reactions: sha123456

robbypunjab

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Hi,

I have same situation. DM since 20 March, PR application in process and today again changed to application received. Were you able to find answer as to what is happening. We have not received any email yet.
Hello ,
Yea i tried to Find out what’s going on . Called CIC as well . They said nothing to worry . Status changes time to time . It’s a positive thing that they are working on it . . It usually takes 3-4 weeks to get an SA Confirmation Email . .

positiv1

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hello ,
Yea i tried to Find out what’s going on . Called CIC as well . They said nothing to worry . Status changes time to time . It’s a positive thing that they are working on it . . It usually takes 3-4 weeks to get an SA Confirmation Email . .
Hi robbypunjab,

Do you have a hotline number for CIC? I needed to talk to one of their agents. Kindly share.. Thanks!

phsio jatti

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hello ,
That’s almost 1 month!