+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
It’s okay. Just write as LAID OFF or EMPLOYEMENT INSURANCE for income source. I used the same to file earlier in 2017. Your overall income should be above the limit. No big issue.

Thank you Maan997. My overall income for last three years were more than 80K so i am fine for that. I was only worried for my current situation.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi, I need your help, both of my parents are here under supervisa, their PGP 2017 application is in medical and police clearance requests stage. Police clearance was requested last March 9, 2018, saying to submit within 30 days, in the online account, in the upload screen shows each addictional document Required by April 23, 2018. I am asking this because getting a police clearance in the Philippines from abroad is quite complicated, we waited last weekend for the Philippine Consulate outreach in Winnipeg to get the NBI/police clearance application form and we sent it to my sister, now it can take 1-2 weeks to process there and there is Holy Week Holidays next week and it needs to come back here for my mom's thumbmark. I tried calling the call center and I spuld not get through. Do you have any idea what is the correct deadline date to submit the additional documents?
Generally, PCC is 60 days. IME is 30.

Reactions: Bam0130

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

My dad has receiced an invite to apply for PR in 2018 draw and I will submit all the documents in 60 days.

1) should I get medicals done and sent it along? It's valid for a year and I see most don't get PR in a year though

2) my office is Mississauga.. didn't see anyone mentuonime Mississauga as their office

3) can I, my wife, my brother and his wife - all of us could be sponsors for my father for income calculation?

Appreciate your inputs and help

Last edited:
Reactions: clyderevelo

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Your mom does need to sign but you might want her to mail it to you first to ensure everything is in order. Wait until you're asked for medical and police report since they're valid for 1 year and 6 months respectively and you don't want to waste time and money. It's better to send in the representative form so you're authorized to inquire about the app.
Thank you, Spy118. I just finished filling the form that she has to sign. So I’m sending to her and then she will mail it with photos. Hope it gets here on time.
I have issue with the Generic Application form, the dependent part. I’m the only child of my mother, father deceased. I’m already Canadian. Do I need to add myself as a dependent? Also, for the NOA-income, which is the best way to go: giving authority to IRCC or I providing copies my notice of assessment? I don’t mind either. Thank you in advance.

phsio jatti

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Mine Also started to show DM on 16th of March (and PR in progress). No email yet. Someone here was wondering how many days it take to get the email? Someone has idea?
Hi, for me it’s going to be 2 weeks on Friday. I’m hoping to get by end of this week. If you hear anything plz let me know.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Thank you, Spy118. I just finished filling the form that she has to sign. So I’m sending to her and then she will mail it with photos. Hope it gets here on time.
I have issue with the Generic Application form, the dependent part. I’m the only child of my mother, father deceased. I’m already Canadian. Do I need to add myself as a dependent? Also, for the NOA-income, which is the best way to go: giving authority to IRCC or I providing copies my notice of assessment? I don’t mind either. Thank you in advance.
Use expedited courier service, it's expensive but saves time.
No, you're not a dependant.
I'd give IRCC the permission to access your NOA as well as provide it with the application too. Covering all angles makes it a hassle free process. I've seen cases where the permission was granted but IRCC still asked for it to be mailed or faxed, sometimes for the application at other, the spouse.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

My dad has receiced an invite to apply for PR in 2018 draw and I will submit all the documents in 60 days.

1) should I get medicals done and sent it along? It's valid for a year and I see most don't get PR in a year though

2) my office is Mississauga.. didn't see anyone mentuonime Mississauga as their office

3) can I, my wife, my brother and his wife - all of us could be sponsors for my father for income calculation?

Appreciate your inputs and help
1- I don't recommend since the process could take longer and you'd waste time and money.
2- Initially all applications are sent to the Mississauga office then forwarded to the local visa office depending on the country.
3- Only one child and their spouse including a common law partner can sponsor. You should choose the couple with higher income.

Last edited:

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hey guys i had a weird situation , i got DM on Mar 16 in Ecas but there is no Email yet . And it was showing In process on the pr status application but now its Application recieved again . anyone had the same Situation ever ?
Hi,

I have same situation. DM since 20 March, PR application in process and today again changed to application received. Were you able to find answer as to what is happening. We have not received any email yet.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hello,

First round 2017.
Application received July 2017
ECAS active since November 2017
In process since January 2018
Documents requested in January (representative form)
DM since March 20, 2018
No email yet.

Thank you

Reactions: YULIA-2016

RobbieS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2016
Mohali,Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront and Acknowledged
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Interview........
Hopefully Not
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi everybody. I arrived in canada last year in march and just have 1 year tax assessment. I got invited to apply for parents pr. My wife has tax assessment documents for 3 years in canada. Can we apply for it?

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi everybody. I arrived in canada last year in march and just have 1 year tax assessment. I got invited to apply for parents pr. My wife has tax assessment documents for 3 years in canada. Can we apply for it?
Yes, as long as her income for the last three year (1 year for QC) meets LICO, you're eligible.