+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Alex_2017

Mar 21, 2017
Montreal QC
I am at June 29. Dont think there is a reason to worry since most got in 22+ days. And there were stat holiday in the month. Not received for another week, there is a reason to worry
Anyway I tried (888) 242-2100 but could not get to the right option. Can anyone suggest the options to choose? I tried application for PR but finally they ask Application # which I dont have. I do have my UCI
My application was received on the June 14 but I still can't see anything. Today the CIC agent told me that my application was received and that it's added to my file. He also said that it's normal that I can't see it because they haven't yet started processing.

So try calling them choosing the options that I explained in my previous message.

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
I spoke with CIC this morning. What you have to do is to choose the option for PR applications, then choose any option when they ask with which letter your application begins. And then when they ask you for your file number just press #. Then they will ask for your year of birth. After you entered the year they will say they were not able to find your application and then you will be offered several options including the one to speak to an agent, which is 0. That's the way I did it today and it worked,
Thanks for the info. I believe you submitted on Jun 14th. So you too did not receive your AOR mail till date?

Atefeh_83

Jul 16, 2017
I was able to talk to them, but they weren't able to find anything regarding to the application is received. The agent told me it might be a little early since I posted the documents on July 11 and they are currently receiving lots of mails, my documents might be still in the mail room. I will give them a call again next week.

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Even my application reached yesterday, I would only be able to comment once I am able to successfully link my application or I may be seeking help from this forum.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone who has been able to successfully link the paper based application to My CIC can account can guide fellow members regarding this process. Sharing is caring.
There are some tricks when you try to link the applications. The info you type in needs to be exactly the same as the one you provided in your application form even the capital letters, space, etc. You only choose one of the birth place and the passport info. Now the most tricky part is the number of people in your application. It should be: sponsor (+ co-signer if there is any) + applicant (+co-applicant if there is any), in any case, children are not counted. But it is not always working, so try from 2 to whatever number you used in your package.
Good luck!

Vituan88

Dec 7, 2016
Thank
Hi,

I sent my application on June 5th and they received by June 6th and on June 28 I checked on-line services it shows they received the application by June 6th but I didn't get any email from CIC.
Did you check on line services? If you can't check you can call them (888) 242-2100

Good luck
thank you for your answer, I checked online services it doesn't show anything yet. When you enter into your account what 's number you provide them? They give so many option and I chose My UIC .not sure is that right ?

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Thank

thank you for your answer, I checked online services it doesn't show anything yet. When you enter into your account what 's number you provide them? They give so many option and I chose My UIC .not sure is that right ?
After June 6th I checked every day on June 28th shows they received the application on June 6th. I used client ID number and the number I found on citizenship paper.
Thanks,

Reactions: Vituan88

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
After June 6th I checked every day on June 28th shows they received the application on June 6th. I used client ID number and the number I found on citizenship paper.
Thanks,
Whats is `the number I found on citizenship paper``

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whoever is able to successfully link their application to account, can you please advice when you created My CIC account, this was an account on Your Name ( Sponsor's ) or Principal Applicant's Name

Example :

After successful login into My CIC account .

It says

FIRST NAME LASTNAME's account

Which FIRST NAME LASTNAME account you created for, Is this your ( Sponsor's Name ) or The person to whom you sponsored as Principal Applicant ( example your Father's Name ) .

It would be helpful to know how we can link the application, a Sponsor needs to create his/her My-CIC account or the Account should be created for Principal Applicant. (i.e the parent name who got sponsored )

Last edited:

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got an e-mail reminder from CPC Mississauga to submit completed application before the deadline, I am wondering if any of you who have submited your applications long ago and can see the updates in My-CIC account received this e-mail as well ?

My application reached CPC Mississauga on 17th July.

It seems that this is a generic reminder e-mail that was sent to everyone irrespective if CPC Mississauga received their application or not ? So let's see who else got this e-mail.

Phoenix0110

Jun 20, 2017
Whoever is able to successfully link their application to account, can you please advice when you created My CIC account, this was an account on Your Name ( Sponsor's ) or Principal Applicant's Name

Example :

After successful login into My CIC account .

It says

FIRST NAME LASTNAME's account

Which FIRST NAME LASTNAME account you created for, Is this your ( Sponsor's Name ) or The person to whom you sponsored as Principal Applicant ( example your Father's Name ) .

It would be helpful to know how we can link the application, a Sponsor needs to create his/her My-CIC account or the Account should be created for Principal Applicant. (i.e the parent name who got sponsored )
It's the Principal Applicant who can link the PR application

Phoenix0110

Jun 20, 2017
Just got an e-mail reminder from CPC Mississauga to submit completed application before the deadline, I am wondering if any of you who have submited your applications long ago and can see the updates in My-CIC account received this e-mail as well ?

It seems that this is a generic reminder e-mail that was sent to everyone irrespective if CPC Mississauga received their application or not ? So let's see who else got this e-mail.
I got it too. My application was received May 26 ( I can see it in ECAS, no AOR received)

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's the Principal Applicant who can link the PR application
@Phoenix0110 Thanks for Replying .

My Father is principal applicant, so I should create an account in his First / Last Name .

One More Question :

While linking application, I suppose you may have selected following option out of given 4 options

Please select one

Unique Client Identifier ( UCI ) and Family Name

So did you use Your ( Sponsor's ) UCI and Your ( Sponsor's ) Family Name ?

PGP2017Applicant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017

No email here. Application received on June 13.

Phoenix0110

Jun 20, 2017
No email here. Application received on June 13.
It's just a reminder, you may get it later. Here is a quote from the letter attached to the email :

This reminder is being sent to everyone selected to submit an application. If you have already submitted your complete application, no further action is required at this time.

Reactions: PGP2017Applicant