+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great! thanks for sharing your experience...
Is this just possible before sending your package?
I have posted my application through Canada Post. Unfortunately I didn't even ask for a track# and recipient signature to check if the package is received. This makes me worried. do you know from your experience if that might be an issue? the package was posted July 11.
Yes this SMS acknowledgement is only possible before sending your package. You should have asked for Tracking# while sending package via Canada Post. All such things assure you a peace of mind and a good night sleep. Ideally the package should have reached there but you want confirmation.

Anyhow don't worry its not end of world, now you have the following options :

1. Call CIC call Centre and enquire about your package if it has reached their mail room. They may ask you about your ( Sponsor's ) UCI ID that you mentioned in the Sponsorship form and other relevant information.

or

2. Try linking your application ( if it has been entered into the system which takes some time, you will be able to find the application and after linking check its status ) using the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
You need to create an account > Login > there is an option to Link an existing application to this account

More information at the following link for Link your paper application to your online account
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Reactions: Atefeh_83

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Yes this SMS acknowledgement is only possible before sending your package. You should have asked for Tracking# while sending package via Canada Post. All such things assure you a peace of mind and a good night sleep. Ideally the package should have reached there but you want confirmation.

Anyhow don't worry its not end of world, now you have the following options :

1. Call CIC call Centre and enquire about your package if it has reached their mail room. They may ask you about your ( Sponsor's ) UCI ID that you mentioned in the Sponsorship form and other relevant information.

or

2. Try linking your application ( if it has been entered into the system which takes some time, you will be able to find the application and after linking check its status ) using the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
You need to create an account > Login > there is an option to Link an existing application to this account

More information at the following link for Link your paper application to your online account
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp
i have a question about linking an application:

for linking the application do we need to provide information about the sponsor or the person being sponsored(the principal applicant) ? i tried to do the both but its not finding any application in both cases, although my application is received by CIC on May 29. please confirm , thanks

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have a question about linking an application:

for linking the application do we need to provide information about the sponsor or the person being sponsored(the principal applicant) ? i tried to do the both but its not finding any application in both cases, although my application is received by CIC on May 29. please confirm , thanks
Even my application reached yesterday, I would only be able to comment once I am able to successfully link my application or I may be seeking help from this forum.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone who has been able to successfully link the paper based application to My CIC can account can guide fellow members regarding this process. Sharing is caring.

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Even my application reached yesterday, I would only be able to comment once I am able to successfully link my application or I may be seeking help from this forum.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone who has been able to successfully link the paper based application to My CIC can account can guide fellow members regarding this process. Sharing is caring.
In my case I was able to link the paper application to MyCIC (and also to check the status online in ECAS) about 3 weeks after IRCC received it.

saddique

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2012 And received 20-11-2012
Doc's Request.
10-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
10-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Interview........
Allah na kare
Passport Req..
ppr1 & ppr2 on 27 August passport sent on 8 September
VISA ISSUED...
11 october
LANDED..........
In sh Allah16 october
In my case I was able to link the paper application to MyCIC (and also to check the status online in ECAS) about 3 weeks after IRCC received it.
How you linked that can you explain me please. I am trying everyday, but didn't succeed yet.

saddique

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
10-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
10-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Interview........
Allah na kare
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11 october
LANDED..........
In sh Allah16 october
You won't be able until after 3-4 weeks after they received the paper app, so you just have to wait.
They have received mine application on 14th June.

saddique

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
10-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
10-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Interview........
Allah na kare
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11 october
LANDED..........
In sh Allah16 october
You won't be able until after 3-4 weeks after they received the paper app, so you just have to wait.
Can you just tell me what information did you put?

Vituan88

Dec 7, 2016
Please help me,I'm starting getting worried now. My tracking detailed show my package was delivered and received by someone there on June 28. It has been almost a month now, but I haven't received any email from cic to let me know anything. I even check online status ,it said can't find my infos. Is that normal? should I call them to update? Please help me

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Please help me,I'm starting getting worried now. My tracking detailed show my package was delivered and received by someone there on June 28. It has been almost a month now, but I haven't received any email from cic to let me know anything. I even check online status ,it said can't find my infos. Is that normal? should I call them to update? Please help me
Hi,

I sent my application on June 5th and they received by June 6th and on June 28 I checked on-line services it shows they received the application by June 6th but I didn't get any email from CIC.
Did you check on line services? If you can't check you can call them (888) 242-2100

Good luck

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
I am at June 29. Dont think there is a reason to worry since most got in 22+ days. And there were stat holiday in the month. Not received for another week, there is a reason to worry
Anyway I tried (888) 242-2100 but could not get to the right option. Can anyone suggest the options to choose? I tried application for PR but finally they ask Application # which I dont have. I do have my UCI

Reactions: Vituan88

Atefeh_83

Jul 16, 2017
I am at June 29. Dont think there is a reason to worry since most got in 22+ days. And there were stat holiday in the month. Not received for another week, there is a reason to worry
Anyway I tried (888) 242-2100 but could not get to the right option. Can anyone suggest the options to choose? I tried application for PR but finally they ask Application # which I dont have. I do have my UCI
What do you use as your UCI? is it the 8 digit number on your pr card?

Alex_2017

Mar 21, 2017
Montreal QC
I spoke with CIC this morning. What you have to do is to choose the option for PR applications, then choose any option when they ask with which letter your application begins. And then when they ask you for your file number just press #. Then they will ask for your year of birth. After you entered the year they will say they were not able to find your application and then you will be offered several options including the one to speak to an agent, which is 0. That's the way I did it today and it worked,