+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hi guys, I have sent my application for parents sponsorship on courier address and it was received by CIC on May 29, Since then I have not received the AOR from CIC, is it true that the people who have sent it to courier address are not getting AOR as quickly as the ones who sent to PO BOX, and what should I do to get more info about my application , thanks

PGP2017Applicant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi guys, I have sent my application for parents sponsorship on courier address and it was received by CIC on May 29, Since then I have not received the AOR from CIC, is it true that the people who have sent it to courier address are not getting AOR as quickly as the ones who sent to PO BOX, and what should I do to get more info about my application , thanks
Can you see the status of your application online? I sent via courier on June 13 and I can see the status 'application received'z

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Can you see the status of your application online? I sent via courier on June 13 and I can see the status 'application received'z
No, I cannot see anything online as well, maybe I am entering the wrong information, I am selecting Client ID and entering my client ID but its not bringing up anything, is there any other way to check online ?

PGP2017Applicant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
No, I cannot see anything online as well, maybe I am entering the wrong information, I am selecting Client ID and entering my client ID but its not bringing up anything, is there any other way to check online ?
I'm also checking using my client id and it works fine. Perhaps try giving them a call to inquire about your application?

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
I just tried IE browser and I am able to see the application received, I was using Chrome before, but I have not received any acknowledgement email from CIC, is that normal?

PGP2017Applicant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
I just tried IE browser and I am able to see the application received, I was using Chrome before, but I have not received any acknowledgement email from CIC, is that normal?
I haven't received any acknowledgment either. Based on the other folks' timelines in this thread, I'm expecting to hear from IRCC this week.

Atefeh_83

Jul 16, 2017
Do you know how I can have my Client ID? I haven't received any email yet. I posted my application last week by canada post but forgot to get a track#. So the only way fro me to know if it is received is just waiting for their email.

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Do you know how I can have my Client ID? I haven't received any email yet. I posted my application last week by canada post but forgot to get a track#. So the only way fro me to know if it is received is just waiting for their email.
It should be written on the front of your PR card (ID no).

Atefeh_83

Jul 16, 2017
It should be written on the front of your PR card (ID no).
Thanks. I want to check my parents application status, should I still enter my ID# from my PR? if so, whose information should I enter as Date/place of birth? mine or my parent(main applicant)?

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi members,

I am in the process of completing the forms for the sponsorship and ran across a query i need help on. On the form IMM5768 i am requested to list the family size (section where income figures are to be reported). Is the family size including my potential sponsored mother and father or just myself and the co sponsor. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks.