Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
deerestlovelybear said:
Agree, or allowing people to submit first come firsr serve till 10K is reached
Understand that they tried the FIFO approach the last two years. But everyone was screaming that the process wasn't fair (like all of you are screaming about about the lottery now) - so they changed it. Funny how this time last year the Conservatives were the worst party ever - and the FIFO approach to parent sponsorship was the worst system ever - and "they need to change it to a lottery". People got what they asked for. Yes - the Liberals did a very bad job of structuring the lottery. But the general public asked for a fairer process that wasn't FIFO (there were many petitions - several mentioning lottery approaches).

hegelff

Mar 20, 2017
I think we should contact media to complain about IRCC's incompetence. Somebody has to take the responsibility.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
allowing people to submit first come firsr serve till 10K is reached
But they have filled the 10,000 available application spots. The objective has never been to accept 10,000 (or 5,000 in previous years) PGP applicants. There are always those who fail to meet the criteria (this years concern is people who don't qualify economically) such as medical, political or military history to name a few. There has never been any effort (or promise) by any government to fill those spots when they are deemed unacceptable, so it is unlikely (and unrealistic) they will go back and ask for additional applications (and the logistics behind that are staggering...how and who would you choose who got the next opening without some public uproar about being fair). The selection is done. Better luck next year.

Krishnapatel3

Mar 22, 2017
Yes.. I got an email saying not selected.. I agree with most you that the IRCC system is not fair.. we should raise our voice but how?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Krishnapatel3 said:
Yes.. I got an email saying not selected.. I agree with most you that the IRCC system is not fair.. we should raise our voice but how?
Write to the media, that how change was made last year.

In fact there were note that someone submitted 6 times under different addresses of different relatives and were selected on one, not sure how they filtered in this case, people can have same name and same date of birth

hegelff

Mar 20, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
Write to the media, that how change was made last year.

In fact there were note that someone submitted 6 times under different addresses of different relatives and were selected on one, not sure how they filtered in this case, people can have same name and same date of birth
this happens all over the place. unqualified people submitting, multiple submitting for same people, etc. who the hell believe this is more fair than FIFO? how the hell is so difficult for ircc to come up with a ranking system rather than random sampling or FIFO?

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
Kamil799 said:
Myself and 16 other friends (who came from the same country) have received this email yesterday and this morning but unfortunately all of us weren't selected. Are they actually selecting people randomly or based on the country of origin?
I think so

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
I got "selected" email. I checked all the requirements needed to sponsor my parents before and then only applied for it.

I agree with most of you guys that genuine applicant may not be selected because the one who got selected might not be eligible but still showed his/her interest. This cause fallout of genuine candidates.

I wish they have opted for the same selection procedure as they did for Express Entry so that only those applications get selected which ACTUALLY meets the requirements.

However, in my case, I lost my confirmation number. Now I am wondering what could I do to retrieve or get it from CIC (if possible).

Any suggestion?

Free-Spirit

Mar 2, 2017
Hello All,

I got "Selected" Email, Where can I find the "confirmation number"???

3. Print a copy of this letter and write your confirmation number that you received when you submitted your web form here:

Confirmation #:

Thanks.

bfach

Jan 4, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enth said:
yes we are here to support, did you post this on another forum, there is lot going on their ...
the petition is old, do we need a new one after the lottery yesterday ?
Post it... please :)

Also a link to the other forum... I can't find it anymore.

bfach

Jan 4, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BJbirdie said:
Another draw should be held when the people not eligible once their applications have been looked at are thrown out. Also there must be a lot of people who do not apply within the 90 days therefore leaving places available for us that are waiting. Aren't the 10,000+ places filled each year?
Spoke to my MP and this is exactly what the plan is. After 90 days, they will look at those who a) didn't apply , b) applied and were refused, and then take from the pool again.

bfach

Jan 4, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buletruck said:
But they have filled the 10,000 available application spots. The objective has never been to accept 10,000 (or 5,000 in previous years) PGP applicants. There are always those who fail to meet the criteria (this years concern is people who don't qualify economically) such as medical, political or military history to name a few. There has never been any effort (or promise) by any government to fill those spots when they are deemed unacceptable, so it is unlikely (and unrealistic) they will go back and ask for additional applications (and the logistics behind that are staggering...how and who would you choose who got the next opening without some public uproar about being fair). The selection is done. Better luck next year.
You are incorrect. I spoke to my MP and they will select more throughout the year once spots open up from the 10000 that were selected. If they don't apply within the 90 days, or if they do and are ineligible, they will choose someone else.

missingmymom

Jul 26, 2016
EEapplicant said:
I got "selected" email. I checked all the requirements needed to sponsor my parents before and then only applied for it.

I agree with most of you guys that genuine applicant may not be selected because the one who got selected might not be eligible but still showed his/her interest. This cause fallout of genuine candidates.

I wish they have opted for the same selection procedure as they did for Express Entry so that only those applications get selected which ACTUALLY meets the requirements.

However, in my case, I lost my confirmation number. Now I am wondering what could I do to retrieve or get it from CIC (if possible).

Any suggestion?
No offense to you however I find it is really baffling to see people who got selected not being able to find their confirmation number. The instructions clearly stated that you should keep a copy of the number for your records. How can one be so careless if sponsoring your parent and grandparent was so important to you. I really don't get it.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
CBC news have a news article today stating 95000 applications for the 10000 spots.

This stream of immigration (PGP) seems to get harder each year.