+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ! Yes and I gave her SIN number to avoid this Option C prinout. I don't know why one specific officer is asking everyone for option C printout, Doesn't make sense when we gave consent to use our SIN. Officer is ZKA.
May be that officer has access restrictions on his/her user ID to access CRA records, so instead of fixing his/her access issues they are requesting additional documents from Applicants :) . To rule out this access related issue , is this a sponsorship application where your wife is a co-signer ? Did they request Notice Of Assessment for both of you ? Or they accepted your SIN# and only need NOA for her? . Then its some other issue.

You guys always had Permanent SIN# or did you ever had Temporary SIN#, starting with Digit 9 ?

Reactions: pav.scorpion

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
All,

I was invited to sponsor my parents and couriered my package on June 21st. It was received on June 22nd. However I have not been able to see the status on the ecas link. Here is how I am filling the fields to check the status: Maybe you can spot if I am doing something wrong:

Under Identification Type field I am selecting Unique Client Identifier (aka UCI). This is the only number that I have from the list they provide in this field.
Under Identification Number field I am typing my 8 digit UCI (the only document I can find my UCI is in the citizenship certificate).
Under Surname I am typing my last name.
Under Date of Birth I am selecting my birthdate.
Under Place of Birth, I am selecting my country.

After I click on continue I get the message as follows: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:..."

Can you please advise if I am doing something wrong here? When I went on the CIC site to find out more about my UCI, I found out the UCI structure should look like:
  • four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 0000-0000) or
  • two numbers, a hyphen, four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 00-0000-0000)
However mine (shown in the citizenship certificate) looks like 00000000 (8 continuous numbers). I did try to use a dash between the 8 numbers in the site of the status, but still no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks,
There isn't any dash between the numbers. I suspect that the number on your citizen paper is not UCI. It should say unique client number. It appears on your landing paper when you came to Canada. If you lost this number, you can call CIC call center, they will be able to tell you this UCI number.
Good luck!

Reactions: Vituan88

pav.scorpion

Apr 14, 2017
May be that officer has access restrictions on his/her user ID to access CRA records, so instead of fixing his/her access issues they are requesting additional documents from Applicants :) . To rule out this access related issue , is this a sponsorship application where your wife is a co-signer ? Did they request Notice Of Assessment for both of you ? Or they accepted your SIN# and only need NOA for her? . Then its some other issue.

You guys always had Permanent SIN# or did you ever had Temporary SIN#, starting with Digit 9 ?

Yes, this is sponsorship application where my wife is co-signer. They request NOA for my wife only.So, yes they accepted my SIN# and only need NOA for her.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, this is sponsorship application where my wife is co-signer. They request NOA for my wife only.So, yes they accepted my SIN# and only need NOA for her.
So it seems officer does not have access issues. May be full income history not available on current SIN#.
Your wife always had Permanent SIN# or did she ever had Temporary SIN#, starting with Digit 9 or any change in SIN# due to some other reasons ?
Many people who had Work permits and transitioned from WP to PR had temporary SIN# in the past.

Jessema

Jun 14, 2017
i ran into the same situation as yours a few weeks ago. The same officer ZKA, asking the same document - the co-signer's Option C prints, even though we both signed on application to authorize CIC to retrieve our income info from CRA. I have seen several cases here.

You can't use the online enquiry tool, even though it says on the letter. it is just standard language they put the the letter. What you should do is to log on your wife's CRA online account and print her Option C prints for the last 3 years, and mail to CIC with ZKA attention.

I mailed mine early July and got Decision made in about 2 weeks.

Hope this helps.

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
i ran into the same situation as yours a few weeks ago. The same officer ZKA, asking the same document - the co-signer's Option C prints, even though we both signed on application to authorize CIC to retrieve our income info from CRA. I have seen several cases here.

You can't use the online enquiry tool, even though it says on the letter. it is just standard language they put the the letter. What you should do is to log on your wife's CRA online account and print her Option C prints for the last 3 years, and mail to CIC with ZKA attention.

Hope this helps.
i doubt paper beats uploaded, i think you were just lucky.

pav.scorpion

Apr 14, 2017

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip. I will do the same to cover the risk. I will send via mail also even though the online tool works.Anyone else had luck sending docs using online tool? Did it work?

pav.scorpion

Apr 14, 2017
So it seems officer does not have access issues. May be full income history not available on current SIN#.
Your wife always had Permanent SIN# or did she ever had Temporary SIN#, starting with Digit 9 or any change in SIN# due to some other reasons ?
Many people who had Work permits and transitioned from WP to PR had temporary SIN# in the past.
No, my wife has been a Canadian citizen for last 10-11 years and had the same SIN#.

saddique

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2012 And received 20-11-2012
Doc's Request.
10-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
10-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Interview........
Allah na kare
Passport Req..
ppr1 & ppr2 on 27 August passport sent on 8 September
VISA ISSUED...
11 october
LANDED..........
In sh Allah16 october
Sponcership has been approved today. Please update the sheet.

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi All,

Decision Made: July 24th 2017
Sponsorship has been approved on July 25th 2017 :)
I recived an email :

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in Ankara for further processing.........

Please update the sheet
Thank you

Jessema

Jun 14, 2017
Thanks for the tip. I will do the same to cover the risk. I will send via mail also even though the online tool works.Anyone else had luck sending docs using online tool? Did it work?
The issue for the online tool is, you will never get confirmation or response from CIC, which is very risky, because you have a deadline for the document submission. With mail, at least you have signature of delivery as proof. I received the email in the morning, and printed out the option c right away after getting email, and mailed out in the afternoon. It got there next day.