+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello,

Sorry for the long reply, but I hope it will clear your doubts and ease your tension out. It looks like the only affidavit from the translator is missing ( check details below )

I think if the document is already in both languages then you need not translate it, but if you have already translated then it's fine to attach its translation with this application. e.g in my case Birth certificate and Marriage certificate has every line written in english/punjabi, so I have not attached any translation.

( May be paste a sticky pad on your documents and mention, document is in Punjabi / English )

Please have a look into the Guide @ link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp
Press Ctrl + F and search for "Translation of documents"

You will find the following section:

Translation of documents
You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French:
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and -- > I think this Affidavit is missing in your case
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Very Important :
Important information: Translations must not be done by the applicants themselves nor by members of the applicant’s family. This includes a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

Complete cut and paste from The Guide :

Translation of documents
You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language).

If the translation isn’t done by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator. A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

In Canada:

• a notary public
  • a commissioner of oaths
  • a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.

Important information: Translations must not be done by the applicants themselves nor by members of the applicant’s family. This includes a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a person authorized to administer oaths in the country where the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified in Canada don’t need to supply an affidavit.

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • his or her name,
  • his or her official position or title, and
  • his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?
Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

• a notary public
  • a commissioner of oaths
  • a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Check with your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities.

Applicants themselves or members of their family may not certify copies of your documents. This includes a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.
Thanks a lot for your response. Can any forum members shed light that a separate document is required as an affidavit. will the 'True translation from Punjabi to English' with the notory's stamp and valid for foreign embassy and consulate not suffice the requirement.

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Thanks a lot for your response. Can any forum members shed light that a separate document is required as an affidavit. will the 'True translation from Punjabi to English' with the notory's stamp and valid for foreign embassy and consulate not suffice the requirement.
Has anyone had any experience on this. Will appreciate any response. Please advise the worst scenario if the application is sent the way i have it right now.

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi Free-spirit,

I was wondering they asked for medical and police request before your status update to decision made?

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone had any experience on this. Will appreciate any response. Please advise the worst scenario if the application is sent the way i have it right now.
Please check if this is applicable ( in bold ) :

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a person authorized to administer oaths in the country where the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified in Canada don’t need to supply an affidavit.

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Please check if this is applicable ( in bold ) :

The document was actually translated in india. Will that be ok?

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are wondering how to get it translated, Please check link >>> https://toronto-notary-public.com/sample_trans_aff.htm
There is a sample format ( modify its contents as per your requirement )

Link to Document > https://toronto-notary-public.com/download/sample_translator_affidavit.rtf

If everything was done at India ( consider keeping same dates so everything is in sync ) , then get this affidavit Couriered via DHL, it takes 3-4 days to reach here at Canada.

Otherwise if you have Original documents here in Canada then you can think about Translation and Affidavit here in Canada to save some time.

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Thank you. I will just get the birth certificate translated from here.
I have a colored copy of the document attested by a notary from India as a true copy of the original. Will that work as the certified copy in this case with the translation done by a canadian translator?

SpottedDick

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Thank you. I will just get the birth certificate translated from here.
I have a colored copy of the document attested by a notary from India as a true copy of the original. Will that work as the certified copy in this case with the translation done by a canadian translator?
Try to get a translator from your community. In our case it worked.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi send our application via Canada Post and we sent it on the PO Box address. It was signed by a Mahmood guy. Is that ok did I send it to the right address?

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi send our application via Canada Post and we sent it on the PO Box address. It was signed by a Mahmood guy. Is that ok did I send it to the right address?
Iv'e sent my application via Canada Post to PO Box address and R MAHMOOD signed it.

Atefeh_83

Jul 16, 2017
Hi,
No it was after that!
Considering on the cic site it is written applications for Jan 2014 are being processed, do you know how long your application might take to be processed? I was assuming medical tests are the last step before Pass request.

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi,
No it was after that!
Oh okay but in the chart you didn't fill out the date for decision made. Do you know the date?
After they change your status to decision made when did you get email from them?
I would like to know after how many days they asked for medical and when is the deadline for them to send the results?
Thank you so much