Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
I received the Invitation to apply. Preparing the application now.

neeti2090 said:
Yes I was searching for the other thread for Parents and Grandparents sponsorship. Has that been deleted? Could not find it.

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
Quick question and hoping someone can answer. We are completing the application form for my mother in law but her passport expires next year. Would you advise that we put her current passport number in the application or get a new passport and use that for the application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
BeeA said:
Quick question and hoping someone can answer. We are completing the application form for my mother in law but her passport expires next year. Would you advise that we put her current passport number in the application or get a new passport and use that for the application.
You can apply now using her current passport and just update IRCC when she gets a new one.

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
You can apply now using her current passport and just update IRCC when she gets a new one.
Thanks. We were wondering how easy it is to update

BJbirdie

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks Bootstrap for the link re PGP and SuperVisa - I would never have found that among all the information we have to trawl through!

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Hello BeeA,

If it is possible for you to get the new passport may be within couple of weeks and you can still achieve the submission within 90 days, you should update the passport.

If you feel there is some risk there, better you complete the application and upgrade the details of passport latter when your relative has it next year. It's wont impact the application process much.

BeeA said:

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Javiya said:
If it is possible for you to get the new passport may be within couple of weeks and you can still achieve the submission within 90 days, you should update the passport.

If you feel there is some risk there, better you complete the application and upgrade the details of passport latter when your relative has it next year. It's wont impact the application process much.
Updating the passport during the process won't impact the app at all. There is no need to rush out and get a new passport now.

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
canuck_in_uk said:
HI

I am SPONSORING for my parents under PGP, my PR card expeire in june,2017 but APPLICATION DEAD line is july I just submit my PR card renewal today 03 May,2017.

if I didt receive my PR card before submission of PGP application can I attach the application form pAPER PHOTOCOPY and about to expire pr card card so cic may know that she already apply the papers for renewal?

pls reply

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
malik786 said:
I have a question regarding counting the family size

My situation:

I am not married hence no spouse or children = 1

My parents = +2

Question:
My brother who is 22 years and 5 months old as of today = +1 or 0

so the total number of family members are 3 or 4 for sponsorship.

I am confused by the statement below from the application guide

Count:

yourself,
your spouse or common-law partner and
dependent children, if applicable. See the “Definition of dependent child (types 1 and 2)”

Count:

the number of persons you are now sponsoring and
all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying.

and this :

Who should be included in the sponsorship application?
The application should include:

The principal applicant who is being sponsored as a parent or grandparent,
The principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner
The principal applicant’s children from current and previous relationships whether they are coming to Canada or not.
All the family members whether accompanying or not the principal applicant to Canada must be declared on the application and be examined. If family members are not examined, it is generally not possible to sponsor them at a later date. This includes children in the custody of a former spouse or common-law partner.

In addition, failure to declare family members on the application and having them examined goes against the duty to provide truthful and accurate information, and may cause them to be found inadmissible to Canada

My conclusion :

they are talking about dependent family members and the definition of dependent post 2014 is

Dependent children
Refers to the children of the applicant and those of the spouse or common-law partner, if applicable.
They must be:

• under the age of 19 and not have a spouse or common-law partner, or
  • 19 years of age or older and unable to be financially self-sufficient since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

My brother is none of the above hence

Family size = 3

However I need to add my brother in the application for future reference according to the application guide.

Seniors please help
Hi

I am also in confusion same case with me

I am sponsoring my parents , I am married and have one baby

so I am counting like following
1 me
1 husband
1baby
1 father
1 mother
total 5

but again this confusion arise that my bother and sister both are married and not dependent on parents so I guess I should not include them in counting but yes I have to fill different forms IMM5669 for all of them whether they are accompanying my parents to Canada or not.

again further
question arise should my brother and sister (married) should fill further their spouse forms as well?

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
malik786 said:
i agree but both

• Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
and
  • Schedule A -Background/Decleration (IMM5669)

have this line at the top respectively

The principle applicant, their spouse or Commons-law partner (if applicable) and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.

The principal applicant ,his or her spouse or common-law partner ,if applicable, and all dependent children aged 18 years or older listed in the application for permanent residence must complete their own copy of this form.

it says dependent children over 18 and in IMM 5669 it says listed in permanent residence application.

the definition of dependent children is
19 and over.

So should I have both these forms for my brother who is 22 years and 5 months.

seniors help

hey from which location you are if u r from Brampton or around area can we fill up forms together.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Deep1 said:
I am also in confusion same case with me

I am sponsoring my parents , I am married and have one baby

so I am counting like following
1 me
1 husband
1baby
1 father
1 mother
total 5

but again this confusion arise that my bother and sister both are married and not dependent on parents so I guess I should not include them in counting but yes I have to fill different forms IMM5669 for all of them whether they are accompanying my parents to Canada or not.

again further
question arise should my brother and sister (married) should fill further their spouse forms as well?
It is very simple. Your married siblings are not dependents. They are not included in the application. They don't fill out forms. Their spouses don't fill out forms.

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
malik786 said:
so essentially these form will only be filled by

children age > 18

children age < 19
cause of dependent definition

seems odd though no?

can u please clarify should we fill form if brother sister are married (over 18) not depended on my parents

should I fill schedule 1 background / declaration form IMM5669 for married brother and sister and addition dependent declaration form? IMM 008DEP

OR only

additional family member IMM 5409 required to fill?

do my mother require to fill schedule A BACKGROUND DELARATION FORM IMM5669 (IF I am sponsoring both parents)

checklist question:

Question ---form imm1344 signed by me(sponsor), my co signer- my husband

person I am sponsoring ---am sponsoring both parents but there is signature column only for principal applicant - my father it means mother signature not required on these form although am sponsoring both ?
picture- only applicant picture - example - my father ( photo) require? or mother (spouse ) also?

Question- Statutory declaration form of common law partner IMM 5409 is not required if my parents are legally married with marriage certificate?

Question IMM 008 DEP ADDITION dependent declaration not required if bother sister both are married (over18 age)?

question- Back ground declaration not required for bother sister both are married only mother and father need to fill up their own copy?

question - use of representative not required if am applying my self for my parents/.

supporting documents checklist
question- copy of passport /travel documents required my brother sister (married) not coming with my parents?
only parents passport copy required?

question- copy of brother sister birth certificate not required if they are not coming as dependents with parents?

one more question just to clarify

if am sponsoring my parents in PGP the definition of wording in form

Sponsor- me

principal applicant - my father?

sponsored person (principal applicant )- my father?