LANDED..........
10-12-2015
supervisa since your parents are dependent on you
visitor visa your parents should be financially well on their own

niceguy.sam

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
@
You can attach the available IT returns and hope for the best. Self employed under the employment section would be the best option.
Thank your for your response.

I have questions related to super visa insurance now:

Dad is 62 years and underwent Angioplasty in Oct 2019 and has diabetes. He is taking medicines and stable since October. I called Manulife and they said that no plan will cover pre existing disease because he has diabetes and heart conditions both.

Does it mean when he is in Canada and something happens to him related to the heart then nothing can be done. How will he pass medicals for super visa then?
I feel very stressed now. Can you please advice me how to move forward with taking super visa insurance? Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@

Thank your for your response.

I have questions related to super visa insurance now:

Dad is 62 years and underwent Angioplasty in Oct 2019 and has diabetes. He is taking medicines and stable since October. I called Manulife and they said that no plan will cover pre existing disease because he has diabetes and heart conditions both.

Does it mean when he is in Canada and something happens to him related to the heart then nothing can be done. How will he pass medicals for super visa then?
I feel very stressed now. Can you please advice me how to move forward with taking super visa insurance? Thank you.
He can still apply for a super visa - however it may be more difficult for him to pass the medical due to his pre-existing health conditions.

If he comes to Canada as a visitor (super visa or regular visitor visa) and he needs medical attention for his pre-existing conditions, he can get treatment but you will have to pay for everything out of pocket. This could get very expensive very very fast if the issues he experiences are serious.

niceguy.sam

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
He can still apply for a super visa - however it may be more difficult for him to pass the medical due to his pre-existing health conditions.

If he comes to Canada as a visitor (super visa or regular visitor visa) and he needs medical attention for his pre-existing conditions, he can get treatment but you will have to pay for everything out of pocket. This could get very expensive very very fast if the issues he experiences are serious.
Thanks for the response. I called bestQuote and they told me that there are other insurance companies which cover pre existing given that condition has been stable for some number of days (could be 90 days or 180 days depending on the policy). I guess I can go with something like this.

Now I am worried about your response for passing medical? A person with stent cannot pass medicals? Has there been any case where person has got supervisa you know about? Thanks.

niceguy.sam

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017

Also does upfront medical tell if applicant has passed the medicals?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even if they do pass the medical you will either have to pay high insurance rates or anticipate that the coverage will exclude many things. If you don’t have at least an extra 100K in savings you are putting yourself at financial risk. Insurance companies will look through your father’s medical records to see if there is anything that will excuse them from paying any claim if your father is hospitalized. There are many families who are paying off major medical debt even when they had insurance.

niceguy.sam

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Even if they do pass the medical you will either have to pay high insurance rates or anticipate that the coverage will exclude many things. If you don’t have at least an extra 100K in savings you are putting yourself at financial risk. Insurance companies will look through your father’s medical records to see if there is anything that will excuse them from paying any claim if your father is hospitalized. There are many families who are paying off major medical debt even when they had insurance.
Do you mean then someone with a stent should never come to Canada until they are sure either they wont get sick or they have enough money to support themselves since insurance companies will never support them even with high premiums?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you mean then someone with a stent should never come to Canada until they are sure either they wont get sick or they have enough money to support themselves since insurance companies will never support them even with high premiums?
I am saying you have to look into this. It is a combination of the diabetes and stent because diabetes causes vascular issues. Your father may struggle to get medical insurance for all preexisting conditions and insurance companies always try to get out of paying bills. Insurance only covers emergencies and once stabilized visitors have to make their own way home or pay for further care out of pocket. The stent is also recent so travel until 3-6 months after may not be possible because the person may not get medical coverage. As a family you have to look at your financial situation. If you don’t have savings to pay if your father needs medical care then yes people should assess whether a visit makes sense especially a longterm visit. We see examples monthly (or more often) on this forum when people have family visiting who have had a medical issue and can’t pay the medical cost whether it is 10k or 600k.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
I think you are right. Supervisa should be the way to go on this. However I have few questions:
  1. What's the duration I should show that I am inviting parent for (confused since Supervisa generally means that the intent to stay is more than 6 months which is not the intent in our case)? Can I show two weeks/ a month?
  2. Will Dad's angioplasty two months ago will cause issues during medical for Supervisa?
  3. For parents ties back home:
    1. Have property valuation document on my dad's name
    2. Sister (unmarried) is in India. Should I mention this?
    3. Brother bought an apartment and the possession will be next year? Should I show that my parents will return to celebrate this?
i showed 3 months and still got a supervisa for 5 years.
he needs medical insurance no matter what you cannot apply without medical insurance you have to tell insurance that your dad has this issue and if they are OK with it then its a no issue. You cannot get supervisa insurance if he is terminally ill
Property paper is a good one
yes should mention unmarried sister and have to go back and get her wedding done
unless your parents bought it then there is no point of mentioning it, but do think of other things that they for sure will go back

niceguy.sam

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
I am saying you have to look into this. It is a combination of the diabetes and stent because diabetes causes vascular issues. Your father may struggle to get medical insurance for all preexisting conditions and insurance companies always try to get out of paying bills. Insurance only covers emergencies and once stabilized visitors have to make their own way home or pay for further care out of pocket. The stent is also recent so travel until 3-6 months after may not be possible because the person may not get medical coverage. As a family you have to look at your financial situation. If you don’t have savings to pay if your father needs medical care then yes people should assess whether a visit makes sense especially a longterm visit. We see examples monthly (or more often) on this forum when people have family visiting who have had a medical issue and can’t pay the medical cost whether it is 10k or 600k.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate this suggestion. It's definitely good to avoid adverse financial issues in future.

Given the very first post in this thread, would you advise to go for visitor visa for 2 weeks visit with 4K CAD in parent's account since October 2019? This way the visit can be short as well. They can also explain unmarried daughter back in India and they will definitely go back for her wedding. Also visitor visa wont require any medical.
Things to keep in mind though:
1. Dad does file tax returns and shows income from house rent and professional income. However he has no document to show how he is self employed. He is also missing a tax return for 2017*2018 which he cannot file anymore.
2. Money in their account was deposited in October by my sister.
3. He has medical insurance from my brother's company.
4. He also has extra medical insurance taken in his name which I pay.
5. He has a car loan.
6. Property valuation paper from panel valuer: He is one of the owner in the property worth 200K Cad dollars.

Let me know your opinion. Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response. I appreciate this suggestion. It's definitely good to avoid adverse financial issues in future.

Given the very first post in this thread, would you advise to go for visitor visa for 2 weeks visit with 4K CAD in parent's account since October 2019? This way the visit can be short as well. They can also explain unmarried daughter back in India and they will definitely go back for her wedding. Also visitor visa wont require any medical.
Things to keep in mind though:
1. Dad does file tax returns and shows income from house rent and professional income. However he has no document to show how he is self employed. He is also missing a tax return for 2017*2018 which he cannot file anymore.
2. Money in their account was deposited in October by my sister.
3. He has medical insurance from my brother's company.
4. He also has extra medical insurance taken in his name which I pay.
5. He has a car loan.
6. Property valuation paper from panel valuer: He is one of the owner in the property worth 200K Cad dollars.

Let me know your opinion. Thank you.
If they only have 4K in their savings and it is clearly deposited by someone and not earned your parents are going to have difficulty being approved. They would not have enough savings to support their own travels and would exhaust all their savings on one trip although I do realize you will be paying for their trip. Your parents are likely better candidates for a supervisa.

niceguy.sam

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
i showed 3 months and still got a supervisa for 5 years.
he needs medical insurance no matter what you cannot apply without medical insurance you have to tell insurance that your dad has this issue and if they are OK with it then its a no issue. You cannot get supervisa insurance if he is terminally ill
Property paper is a good one
yes should mention unmarried sister and have to go back and get her wedding done
unless your parents bought it then there is no point of mentioning it, but do think of other things that they for sure will go back
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. What is the reason your parents got super visa for only 5 years?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. What is the reason your parents got super visa for only 5 years?
they usually give supervisa until passport expiry date and also the immigration officer at the airport decide how long can you stay in Canada