Aug 5, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramkris said:
Hi Cheetaguy,

Can you tell procedure how you applied.

Ram
Following link pertains all the information on all LLM programs in Canada. Find the one that suits you and follow their instructions on how to apply:-

http://www.llm-guide.com/canada

Best of luck!

Jotkaur5

Nov 30, 2018
I apply for paralegal course after graduation in arts for p.u in Sheridan college
Hii I also applied for paralegal in Fleming College after graduation in commerce I applied for sept intake under sds on 27 jun I m waiting for my visa approval now WBU ???

zain hassan

Sep 9, 2019
Dear Sabby
I am zain from Pakistan. i hope you will be in good health. the information you provided is amazing. i am looking for kind suggestions if you can help me. I have done my LLB from Pakistan in 2018 and got my license from bar a month ago. Now i wish to study in Canada. I am wandering if you can help me in choosing the right course of study after my llb. one of my friend suggested to go for Graduate certificate Paralegal.I need to know the best possible option for me to study there. Waiting for your suggestions.
Thanking you in anticipation
Zain

sauravkhanna96

Aug 16, 2019
Dear Sabby
I am zain from Pakistan. i hope you will be in good health. the information you provided is amazing. i am looking for kind suggestions if you can help me. I have done my LLB from Pakistan in 2018 and got my license from bar a month ago. Now i wish to study in Canada. I am wandering if you can help me in choosing the right course of study after my llb. one of my friend suggested to go for Graduate certificate Paralegal.I need to know the best possible option for me to study there. Waiting for your suggestions.
Thanking you in anticipation
Zain
Hey Zain

Yes, Graduate Certificate in Paralegal is a good option. Make sure, you apply for graduate certificate only and not diploma in paralegal.

Other options for law students include courses like-
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Master of Laws

Masters of Laws is quite costly as compared to graduate certificates. If you dont have any money constraints, then go for LLM as it will prepare you for NCA, most of the subjects are covered in LLM. You will have a degree instead of a certificate which will attract employers.

Talking about paralegal, it will allow you to practice as a licensed paralegal. You can also work as legal assistants in various law firms and under attorneys.

ADR is a specialized course, which you may opt if you want to work in this particular field.

I am LLB graduate from India with one year experience as Legal Assistant. I have got admission in Humber College for Paralegal Jan 2020. I have also got the visa.

Sg_sharma

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hey Zain

Yes, Graduate Certificate in Paralegal is a good option. Make sure, you apply for graduate certificate only and not diploma in paralegal.

Other options for law students include courses like-
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Master of Laws

Masters of Laws is quite costly as compared to graduate certificates. If you dont have any money constraints, then go for LLM as it will prepare you for NCA, most of the subjects are covered in LLM. You will have a degree instead of a certificate which will attract employers.

Talking about paralegal, it will allow you to practice as a licensed paralegal. You can also work as legal assistants in various law firms and under attorneys.

ADR is a specialized course, which you may opt if you want to work in this particular field.

I am LLB graduate from India with one year experience as Legal Assistant. I have got admission in Humber College for Paralegal Jan 2020. I have also got the visa.
I got refusal today. I also opted paralegal in Mohawk College
Coz of my Llb here in india

sauravkhanna96

Aug 16, 2019
I got refusal today. I also opted paralegal in Mohawk College
Coz of my Llb here in india
Hey Sg_sharma

According to me, the main reason behind your refusal is wrong selection of course. As mentioned above in my previous post, being a legal graduate already, you should opt for a postgraduate course. Paralegal course in Mohawk college is a two year diploma which is not a postgraduate course. The visa officer should be convinced with the proof of relevant studies. LLB in India is actually a higher level course than diploma in paralegal. That's why everyone should opt for a PG course after graduation. Rest, it is not always necessary that you will get refusal in diploma after graduation, SOP should be drafted in such a way that it explain the reason behind opting such course.

I got visa acceptance for Paralegal just few days ago.

Reactions: Sg_sharma

Sg_sharma

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hey Sg_sharma

According to me, the main reason behind your refusal is wrong selection of course. As mentioned above in my previous post, being a legal graduate already, you should opt for a postgraduate course. Paralegal course in Mohawk college is a two year diploma which is not a postgraduate course. The visa officer should be convinced with the proof of relevant studies. LLB in India is actually a higher level course than diploma in paralegal. That's why everyone should opt for a PG course after graduation. Rest, it is not always necessary that you will get refusal in diploma after graduation, SOP should be drafted in such a way that it explain the reason behind opting such course.

I got visa acceptance for Paralegal just few days ago.
Can you please help me vd SOP

zain hassan

Sep 9, 2019
Dear Saurav,
i am very happy that you got the visa. congratulations to you. you know i am also considering humber college at top of the list. most probably i will go for PG certificate in humber. if we talk about the visa process and SOP and other requirements. what should i do. i mean should i go for a consultant or apply on my own. i am sharing my email address with you so that you can send me a sample of your sop. waiting for your response.
thanks

Reactions: Sg_sharma