+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

paralegal

Oct 12, 2013
Not Bro, Sis is here. :) But its ok.

They stated that, my proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications , previous studies, employment , level of establishment , language abilities or future prospects and plans .

It did M.Com.
worked as Paralegal for three years
Then LLB.
Got 7 bands.

My consultant advised me to get detailed reasons from the Embassy and then Re-apply. Hope for the good second time. Will take more than one month.

But I wish both of you get it in first chance.
Work hard and to your best on SOP, It matters a lot acc. to me. Best of luck

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
There are tons of chances in visa rejection for para legal. Its better to take another course and then change into another after reaching canada ..

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipica said:
dandiwal said:
centennial am also going to apply in paralegal... centannial college
[/qu
Hey good to know a person finally for para legal ..right now I have applied for human resource management post graduation certificate one year course. .but will change into paralegal one year course after reaching there as there is visa rejection chances in para legal. .I have completed my ba.llb this year..
Can u plzz tell me how is this para legal course. ???
Who told you para legal cases have low success rate and basis what? I know couple of students from para legal and they are from India and Pakistan. They didn't have any issue. In fact, if you go through the admission requirement of colleges for this program, you will find that they prefer some hands on experience (though it's not a mandate, just a preference they mention on their sites).

Check the following link for all the colleges in Ontario offering Post Grad Para legal program;

http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/SearchResults/FIRE-JUSTICE-SECURITY-PARALEGAL/_/N-lqhhZ1z141wm?Ns1=Program_Title_SORT&Ns2=0

Para legal programs does offer great deal. If you check all the options available, some colleges offer Paid co-op term as well for example Humber.

Now, talking about switching college after landing here, I am not trying to demotivate you, but it's one of the proposed changes that students won't be allowed to switch college or program from 2014 onward. Now lets be optimistic and assume it doesn't get into effect by the time you land here. But changing college will be difficult even if you are allowed to change the college. Centannial and some other colleges now do not transfer the fee to another college you join (switching to). They will ask you to pay the fee first, once you have paid it to another college where you sought admission, then they will transfer the fee to the account where it came from...

Also someone said HR and LLB doesn't gel well. Well that's wrong. If I am planning to join a MNC, I can join in HR-specializing in Corporate Law. It's called dual specialization which is pretty common these days. CA's CS' are also pursuing LAW just to have an advantage over and above other candidates.

However, what's really important is, how well you explain the co-relation between what you have done and what you aspire to do? How this program will help you fetch success in your home country?

Best of luck!

dandiwal

Oct 4, 2013
hey sabby thanks alot bro...i gain confidence by reading your post...well can you please tell me the reason which we can give in sop to convince visa officer...well common rejection is that indian law and canadian law is different...thanx in advance

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MANINDER JOHAL said:
Not Bro, Sis is here. :) But its ok.

They stated that, my proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications , previous studies, employment , level of establishment , language abilities or future prospects and plans .

It did M.Com.
worked as Paralegal for three years
Then LLB.
Got 7 bands.

My consultant advised me to get detailed reasons from the Embassy and then Re-apply. Hope for the good second time. Will take more than one month.

But I wish both of you get it in first chance.
Work hard and to your best on SOP, It matters a lot acc. to me. Best of luck
In your case, indeed the progression of study is all scattered. You have completed M.COM (so of course you have studied B.COM, hence commerce stream all the way). But then you pursued LLB, correct me if I am wrong, you could pursue LLM, right?

It's not a bad idea for you to apply for CAIPS notes first (where the same VO will explain the exact reason of rejection). The rejection letter you have received is quite generic and is handed out to all the rejected cases. The fee will be 40 CAD for CAIPS and usually takes a month. But it's worth waiting for it. Now, one thing that you and others applying for Para-legal can work on is - whatever course in Law you pursue, laws will be based on country to country basis. In India, you will study IPC etc etc. Here when you pursue a course say in Ontario, you will learn the laws of here not India. So what they might think most likely the students will end up settling here. A good idea is to establish a reason for you to return to your home country. If i were you, I would talk about many LPO (legal process outsourcing ) companies in India which caters to Canadian, american, british etc market where I will have a better opportunity to grab a good position. Also, one can talk about MNCs, there are plenty of Canadian, American companies with their setup in India and handle their domestic and international business from the shared services center. So you can mention in your SOP about this booming industry and how you can have an edge at the completion of your program.

Anyway wish you all very best.

Cheers!

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Hi,
how can some one study law in canada. He did LLM . what is the procedure.
ram

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Hey sabby ..
Thanx a lot for your wonderful information .I dont want to change college just want want to switch course within the same college..will it be an issue ? Do you have any knowledge regarding evaluation of indian law degree in canada in order to give bar exam ??? As I have done ba.llb from india..

Oct 12, 2013
Thanks Sabby, you are right I have applied for CAIPS yesterday and will wait for their reply before reapplying.

I checked for LLM but I find hard to get admission so I opted for Paralegal.

For others there's nothing wrong with the paralegal course. According to me my SOP was not convincing. I'm hoping for best this time

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Hey
All those who wants to make legal carrier in canada .they can get there degree evaluate in canada, generally we have to give five exams of bar then internship after this we will get lawyers licence , which is damn good .but this take more then a year
Now as in context of para legal , lots of students are facing visa rejection problem from few years .it dont wana motivate you yes there are some get visa but rare.SOP Hardly matters .
All the best .

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Thanks dipika,

Can some one write those kinds of exams frm india. Is it necessary to becme PR for studying law in canada. Do you knw any associations which can do this evaluaatiion. can some one working as magistrate in india get some concession on courses

Ram

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipica said:
Hey
All those who wants to make legal carrier in canada .they can get there degree evaluate in canada, generally we have to give five exams of bar then internship after this we will get lawyers licence , which is damn good .but this take more then a year
Now as in context of para legal , lots of students are facing visa rejection problem from few years .it dont wana motivate you yes there are some get visa but rare.SOP Hardly matters .
All the best .
please provide link of the source of this info unless u r relying on what u heard here and there . A reliable link would certainly help all the candidates. I am aware of such an entity for commmerrce grads which is cga, so if u know for law students, do update in ur next post.

Oct 12, 2013
ramkris said:
Thanks dipika,

Can some one write those kinds of exams frm india. Is it necessary to becme PR for studying law in canada. Do you knw any associations which can do this evaluaatiion. can some one working as magistrate in india get some concession on courses

Ram
Check LAW SOCIETY OF UPPER CANADA website or other provincial Law Society Websites.

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Hey
I have applied in HR because I dont wanna take risk ..will lodge my file for visa approx next week.

cheetaguy

Aug 5, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Natural progression after LLB is LLM and not paralegal course, hence visa chances extremely slim for Paralegals (particularly after LLB)!

Here is my profile for information:-

B.Com, LLB, EMBA-IT, MBA (Finance & Accounting).

I got admitted to LLM (Osgoode Hall Law School of York University) and got visa without problems in Sept 2013 Go for LLM......