+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
Hello, I have applied for fall 2019 intake for ucalgary. Can you tell me the expected date when I can have my result about admission. I applied in September 2018. Thanks
Departments are different but i got my decision on 24th july , but u always call the graduate program administrator about your application's progress.

areebansari

Feb 27, 2018
hey guys, im going to submit my application (paper based) i wanted to know do i have to attach my original educational docs ??

Syeda.Zainab

Feb 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

Please can anyone explain the following:

Can I print my online (PDF) of the bank statement to upload to the online application or do I need a hard copy from bank?

I am a Pakistani national, intending to submit my online application ASAP and confused about the bank statement. Anyway, my account in in Allied Bank.

My second question, I have a bank statement of 5 months. The opening balance was zero, which is now almost 55 lacs. When I print my bank statement of the previous four months, it shows an opening balance of 35 lacs and then a closing balance of 55 lacs and when I am printing the bank statement of previous 5 months, it shows an opening balance of zero. Should I submit a bank statement of 4 months only and, do I need to provide a proof that where the money comes from?

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
@qasim95
@Pakistani_Student
@alistair23
@Fatima Intzar
Please advise: do I have to provide documents only listed in my checklist in GCKey? I am a bit confused as I cannot see anything other then the following required documents as listed:

1. Application Form(s)

Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

1. Passport (required)

2. Letter of Acceptance (required)

3. Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

4. Digital photo (required)

5. Family Information (IMM5645) (required)

OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS

1. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)

2. Client Information

Please advise as you have experienced the system.

Last edited:

Sarmad ul Haq

Sep 27, 2018
Hi, my name is Sarmad and I just got admission offer from university of Western Ontario for MEng program. Can anyone please let me know what documents will I need to apply for Study permit and whats the procedure ? My other question is, do I have to pay tuition fee before applying for study permit or after? and regarding housing, can I opt for housing other then university housing ? and if so whats the procedure for that. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
@Sarmad ul Haq

You will probably have the same personal document checklist as mine (shown above) if you apply online via GCKey. I am still not sure about the document list as I am searching.

Regarding tuition fee, I have read in (various discussions here and elsewhere) that if you pay it upfront then you should attach evidence of it when you apply for the visa. It is not mandatory to pay your FEE before you apply for a visa. That's a general rule.

For housing, the university will guide you better. Wait to get a visa the decide for it. Off-campus is economical and always advised.

Please do not forget to share if you get an update on the list of documents required we both are in the same direction.

Best,
Mustunsir

Sarmad ul Haq

Sep 27, 2018
@Sarmad ul Haq

You will probably have the same personal document checklist as mine (shown above) if you apply online via GCKey. I am still not sure about the document list as I am searching.

Regarding tuition fee, I have read in (various discussions here and elsewhere) that if you pay it upfront then you should attach evidence of it when you apply for the visa. It is not mandatory to pay your FEE before you apply for a visa. That's a general rule.

For housing, the university will guide you better. Wait to get a visa the decide for it. Off-campus is economical and always advised.

Please do not forget to share if you get an update on the list of documents required we both are in the same direction.

Best,
Mustunsir
Thanks, will keep your request in mind.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
@Syeda.Zainab

No worries at all. It always better to have a statement on your Bank's letterhead. That's how it becomes formal. Stamp and singed from issuing authority/ branch manager. Also, it's a good idea to have "account maintenance certificated" attached with the statement as it authenticates the statement submitted. I know that much from various posts read over the time here and elsewhere.

Do you have an admission offer yet? Yes, details please. So we both can benefit from each other's experiences.

Reactions: Syeda.Zainab

Ahsan358

Mar 5, 2019
@qasim95
@Pakistani_Student
@alistair23
@Fatima Intzar
Please advise: do I have to provide documents only listed in my checklist in GCKey? I am a bit confused as I cannot see anything other then the following required documents as listed:

1. Application Form(s)

Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

1. Passport (required)

2. Letter of Acceptance (required)

3. Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

4. Digital photo (required)

5. Family Information (IMM5645) (required)

OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS

1. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)

2. Client Information

Please advise as you have experienced the system.
Salam Everyone

I just wanna ask are these are the only documents required?
Can we show maternal uncle bank statement instead of your father bank statement? If yes, do we still need to show your father salary slip

Regards

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
@Ahsan358

As far as the bank statement is concerned, you can show whosoever you want to. But you will need authorization/affidavit from the person sponsoring your studies. It's beneficial to include salary stubs of your sponsor and his/her job letter from employer as the online system clearly mentions so against the proof of fund (supporting document no. 03 in my case). Search info elsewhere as well. Do let us know if you come across anything new.

Best wishes,
Mustunsir

Syeda.Zainab

Feb 23, 2019
@Syeda.Zainab

No worries at all. It always better to have a statement on your Bank's letterhead. That's how it becomes formal. Stamp and singed from issuing authority/ branch manager. Also, it's a good idea to have "account maintenance certificated" attached with the statement as it authenticates the statement submitted. I know that much from various posts read over the time here and elsewhere.

Do you have an admission offer yet? Yes, details please. So we both can benefit from each other's experiences.
Dear Mustansir,

Thank you very much for your message. I have been accepted into a program PhD Biotechnology at Brock University. They are offering a stipend of $31000 CAD, which I’d have $5000 left to cover my living expenses after deduction of tuition fees. That’s why I needed a bank statement ($10,000 × 4 = $40,000, to cover 4 years of living costs). I didn’t submit my online application yet and I intend to request university to change my start date from May to September, as I came to know that I’d need a fresh passport that should be valid for at least 4 years (the length of my program of study).

What's your program of study?

Haraza

Feb 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am doing Master of education through Allama Iqbal Open University and have Bachelor of Education also from Allama Iqbal Open University, I did one year Diploma in Fashion through Gift University and planing to apply for Fashion Business Management program, I would very much appreciate if someone could help me with some details

1. Am i eligible to apply for a program based on above credentials
2. Should I apply for college or university
3. Is my limited budget of 50k CAD for entire program and other expenses enough?
4. What do i need in terms of documents

regards