+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
Do i need to submit my resume/cv when applying for student visa?
yes u should submit it , moreover if u add any work experience in the resume then do the experience letter from the company too.

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
yes u should submit it , moreover if u add any work experience in the resume then do the experience letter from the company too.
Thanks for ur reply. I have been working. Since my parents are sponsoring me. Do I need to show my bank statement and salary slips too? Or just theirs?

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
Thanks for ur reply. I have been working. Since my parents are sponsoring me. Do I need to show my bank statement and salary slips too? Or just theirs?
Same as my case , do attach salary slips of last two months , it is a proof that u have a job here.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
My bank statement isn't required right?
No ,i dont attached my bank statement , just experience letter along with salary slip is sufficent

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
yes i have a received correspondence for the biometric validity and after an hour i got the message of passport request.

Wait, you will get the ppr request , sometime the message will be delivered late.
@qasim95 unfortunately I received refusal letter today, the reason was that I don't have enough funds, source of income. Although I had 38K$ statement. what should I do reapply? Should I order CIAPS/CGMS notes and then apply?

Rejection reasons.

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on your personal assets and financial status
2. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada, and maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
@qasim95 unfortunately I received refusal letter today, the reason was that I don't have enough funds, source of income. Although I had 38K$ statement. what should I do reapply? Should I order CIAPS/CGMS notes and then apply?

Rejection reasons.

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on your personal assets and financial status
2. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada, and maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure
What's the tuition at McMaster? Do you have the tuition+$10000?

If so,My consultant told me an employment letter from someone supporting you is one of the best ways to get the funding thing out of the way as it shows that you have a consistent income and aren't just borrowing that money or selling property to get a visa. Definitely try to get an employment letter if you can.

You can also prepay your tuition, that's a good sign too. Just make sure the university will refund it, most reputable universities (like McMaster) usually do.

Last edited:

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Any idea when do Canadian universities go on winter holidays. Because I'm in the process of submitting my fees and will need a proof of payment letter from the university to apply for visa within December.

ZaaraHussain

Dec 20, 2018
Anyone here who applied in September for January intake? and still waiting?
My profile is:
Application submitted:11 September
medical request: 26 October
medical done: 5 November
medical passed 8 November
still waiting for any response
applied with spouse open work permit

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018

Rejection reasons.

order gcms notes and defer you intakes.

gcm notes would be 15 dollars from caipsgcms.com

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
What's the tuition at McMaster? Do you have the tuition+$10000?

If so,My consultant told me an employment letter from someone supporting you is one of the best ways to get the funding thing out of the way as it shows that you have a consistent income and aren't just borrowing that money or selling property to get a visa. Definitely try to get an employment letter if you can.

You can also prepay your tuition, that's a good sign too. Just make sure the university will refund it, most reputable universities (like McMaster) usually do.
My semester fee was 9.5KCAN$/semester, that makes 19k$ for the academic year (counting 2 semesters) and 28.5K$(including summer semester)
I had shown 3.8 Million PKR that makes 38,500 CAN$ (based on the exchange rate of the day I applied ) .
P.S my program Masters in Manufacturing Engineering is of 1 year ( 3 semesters)

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
order gcms notes and defer you intakes.

gcm notes would be 15 dollars from caipsgcms.com
how many days do CGMS notes take to arrive? I have only received a correspondence letter for decision in which the VO has mentioned 2 reasons of rejection, related to financials and income/assets.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
how many days do CGMS notes take to arrive? I have only received a correspondence letter for decision in which the VO has mentioned 2 reasons of rejection, related to financials and income/assets.
gcm notes would take 30 days , sometimes the refusal letter is ambigious and gcm will reveal the exact reason.