+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

Fatima Intzar

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
@Fatima Intzar I applied 1st Time on 3rd July with upfront medical, 7th July I received letter for Biometrics, don eon 11th July, Then on 22nd July I received some "Procedural fairness Letter" in which visa office raised concerns that my Bank statement was not right and there seem some fraudulent in my statement. I replied back with all the relevant details and explanation regarding my personal bank statement. (Actual there was some internal transaction of approx.. 30K SAR which they thought was wrong, Which I explained in my letter) . meanwhile every thing was "we are review your documents -----------" and eligibility remain in progress.

on 27th August, all of sudden refusal letter in my inbox, on the basis that "I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study based on you current employment, current residence status, blah blah. (All other things remained as such, i mean medical passed or not, no such information was given).

I applied again on 17th Sep with some additional documents which could provide before (MY mistake of course...) Now medical passed, eligibility started and in progress.
Ohhh bad luck but best wishes for this time...
BTW are the stages same for study visa and PR?

Pakistani_Student

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Can anyone let me about the funds requirements. Do i need to show 1st year fee and leaving expenses even my course is more than a year or i have to show all te whole fees and maintenance for the whole duration of my course.
Oh bhai oper dediya hai reply dekh tou lou ek baar.

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
AoA everyone, I am applying for western university of Ontario visual arts program for fall 2019 but I am getting worried reading everyone's status. Has anyone been able to receive receive study permit yet? Is anyone applying for masters or undergrad? I read somewhere on forum that its best to apply for university rather than college.

Pakistan students refusal in UK is at least pointed out by new government here. Wonder when will they notice the situation for Canadian study permits too, I hope its not repeat of last year. :(

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Still waiting & waiting & waiting.....

Fatima Intzar

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Still waiting & waiting & waiting.....
What about your medical and eligibility? As If we went through the upfront medical and it is written on status that you passed the medical so what does it mean? Either we have passed the medical stage or it is shown just because of giving upfront?

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
What about your medical and eligibility? As If we went through the upfront medical and it is written on status that you passed the medical so what does it mean? Either we have passed the medical stage or it is shown just because of giving upfront?
As per my understanding, medical passed means the medical stage is clear now. Below is the rest of status:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Fatima Intzar

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
As per my understanding, medical passed means the medical stage is clear now. Below is the rest of status:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I have the same status it means that we have passed medical.. If yes then its a great news...

bk23k

Jun 15, 2018
hello, need help regarding WES, application option will be WES standard application or ECA for IRCC. if For IRCC, which recipients should i choose , i am applying in Ryerson.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
@hussainkestrel dude I saw your thread and it was really active so you must have good knowledge about the ongoing visa situation.
Can you guide us as you got the visa yourself.
I have heard the chances of getting student visa are really slim.
Sorry i wasn't active on Canadavisa lately. I only get a notification through email when someone sends me a message or comment in a thread i have created or participated in. The situation is far better than what it was 1.5 years ago. They were rejecting applicants in like 10 days and very few got approved. Nowadays, if you are a genuine applicant (which means that if you have the required money which you can show through bank statements and explain their source, have ties to Pakistan and your academic qualifications are good which includes a good score in IELTS (7 or above but this is not a hard and fast rule. The higher the better)) then you have a pretty good chance for approval. I have posted really helpful material using this account so you can search all the posts and comments i have made with this account. Probably by now, you are waiting for a decision or have already gotten one but this advice is for everyone who is or will be applying for Canadian Study Permit.

Last edited:

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
I have the same status it means that we have passed medical.. If yes then its a great news...
It actually means nothing if you went with an upfront medical other than the fact that you have passed your medical exam which doesn't mean that they will approve the application unless they request medical from you and then you pass it. In the latter case, i have never seen anyone getting rejected thereafter.

Last edited:

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Salaam brother, you only have to show funds for the First year. Your tuition fee + 10,000 Candian Dollars as your living expense. It’s your choice whether you want to give the fee upfront or not.
But the total funds you have to show is your tuition for first year and living expense. Not whole course,
I also want to add here that giving the tuition fee upfront is kind of a good gesture that you are coming here to study. Also by paying the tuition fee upfront, you don't need to have a very strong bank statement so if you have the money and especially if your bank statement isn't mature enough, then paying the tuition fee upfront is a smart thing to do. Do check the refund policy of the University in case of refusal. Some do not refund 100% but the majority of them do.