+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Again my CIC showed updated status with no visible update,what is going on??
It's your second one right? I got my medical call after my second update without any visual changes. Let's hope for the best.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Does the embassy have access to all accounts of an individual or business? I was just told by someone that they can access all bank accounts of an individual and not just the one we provide the statement for.

Anyone know anything about this?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Does the embassy have access to all accounts of an individual or business? I was just told by someone that they can access all bank accounts of an individual and not just the one we provide the statement for.

In my experience, i don't think so. The bank does not have the right to share information about their clients no matter what. It is a breach of privacy. They can only verify whether a bank statement is original or fake at the time it was issued by the bank.

A friend of mine showed the money for 3 months in his bank statement of about 30k usd and after two days of his biometrics, they had to use it for some purpose and they took it out. He was pretty scared as he was told the same thing as you are told but his permit was approved plus if the embassy had access to bank accounts, why would they ask for an updated proof of funds during the interview?

In short, i believe they don't have an access to it and certainly not access to other accounts that you have not provided. Many people open many accounts which they do not use plus they don't have enough time to look for other accounts.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
In my experience, i don't think so. The bank does not have the right to share information about their clients no matter what. It is a breach of privacy. They can only verify whether a bank statement is original or fake at the time it was issued by the bank.

A friend of mine showed the money for 3 months in his bank statement of about 30k usd and after two days of his biometrics, they had to use it for some purpose and they took it out. He was pretty scared as he was told the same thing as you are told but his permit was approved plus if the embassy had access to bank accounts, why would they ask for an updated proof of funds during the interview?

In short, i believe they don't have an access to it and certainly not access to other accounts that you have not provided. Many people open many accounts which they do not use plus they don't have enough time to look for other accounts.
This was my assessment too and I tend not to believe in local snake oil too much but a lot is riding on this so I wanted to confirm here. Infact, this was pretty much my reply.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
This was my assessment too and I tend not to believe in local snake oil too much but a lot is riding on this so I wanted to confirm here. Infact, this was pretty much my reply.

Thanks again. Hope to apply in the next two weeks.
Best of luck! Hope to see you at Waterloo!

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Best of luck! Hope to see you at Waterloo!
Thanks again. The statement I'm submitting does not have a perpetual balance in it. It's a business' statement and shows large influxes of funds every week from customer and large outflux as well. The account is never over-drawn.

I'll pay 75% fee anyway (12 out of 16 months) so they only have to verify from the statement weather or not i can pay for the pending 2 terms, if I need to stay a term or two longer.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Thanks again. The statement I'm submitting does not have a perpetual balance in it. It's a business' statement and shows large influxes of funds every week from customer and large outflux as well. The account is never over-drawn.

I'll pay 75% fee anyway (12 out of 16 months) so they only have to verify from the statement weather or not i can pay for the pending 2 terms, if I need to stay a term or two longer.
You are good to go.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I do

I dont think so... They will only want to check if the bank statement is valid or not. also, they wont check for all..

faraz123

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017

Yes they have even they can ask to banks for details ,as we all have new chip CNIC they can assess through it to gather all details which is registered on our NIC number. I am not aware of this but informed by a consultant when i want to apply for visit visa to a Europion country ( confirmed by my friend working in UK embassy) but i don't think so for student visa they go much deeper like this because many students got visa with same situation.
Don't worry about your case be happy just pray and hope for good.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Hussain you are different from others you are helping people, usually people don't see this forum after getting visa and did not reply to any message.
Good going , May Allah full fill your all dreams. Aameen.
This forum helped me a lot after my refusal so I believe this is my responsibility to return the favour. Thank you for your kind words.

Reactions: Muzzi6191

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
At this stage I'm not sure what to make of this. If all accounts are verified, I'm pretty screwed. If only the statement I provide is verified, I should be OK. I'm being sponsored by my employer.

I can't find any concrete information on this anywhere and only hearsay with the exception of this link: http://www.sbp.org.pk/bprd/2010/C6.htm
which indicates that embassy's don't have direct access and merely request the information via a bank's head-office - presumably of the statement you provide. The silver ling is that I will pay the university 100% (4 terms) of my tuition fees of the expected (not maximum) duration of my studies but that still leaves 2 terms open (if one takes the max. duration). But the expected graduation date is very realistic - I only need 8 courses to graduate and even if I take 2 courses per term it should be doable by everyone.

If I can find any sort of concrete information on whether all accounts are verified, I will most likely skip Waterloo and go to a cheaper school like UBC so I can sponsor myself. I only have 2 accounts and neither is overdrawn but even then I need to figure out how to show my personal account can support the cost. UBC costs a total of CAD 40,000 over two years and I can have an amount double than this in my account - the source would be my father. I can keep it there indefinitely and apply for Fall 2019 cycle.

Any advice would be appreciated on the matter.