+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Look. In my honest opinion, you are over stressing. For me this is a great case. All you have to show is first year expenses and i have seen weaker cases get approved. Paying the tuition fee and showing that 40k plus the business statement is more than enough. Yes my case was pretty weak. The money was deposited in my brothers account a month ago and i didn't pay the tuition fee and was refused for lack of funds so i did a lot of research on proof of funds specially.

In short, you have a genuine chance because overall your profile is pretty good. Just apply and pray for the best.
Thank you, Hussain. Truthfully, I do over-stress about things (I have anxiety) but really all I can do is just apply and pray, like you said. But I'm glad you feel my case is good.

The gross profit of the company is buried in the income tax documents, each of which is 6 pages long. I think i should explicitly mention the profit and net revenue in the SOP to highlight them.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
tha

thanks man. I am just addicted to this forum :)
It's a legitimately great forum which is welcoming of new users. As someone who has been on the internet for the better part of his life since 2004, I actually kind of miss old forums like these. Now mostly they have consolidated into FB groups which are painful to use.

As a small tip to new users: one of the fastest ways to learn is to look up the history of knowledgeable posters.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Thank you, Hussain. Truthfully, I do over-stress about things (I have anxiety) but really all I can do is just apply and pray, like you said. But I'm glad you feel my case is good.

The gross profit of the company is buried in the income tax documents, each of which is 6 pages long. I think i should explicitly mention the profit and net revenue in the SOP to highlight them.
You can use online tools to highlight important details too. And yes you should mention these important details in your SOP. A good business will also become a strong tie to Pakistan.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017

Well i used to over-stress too so i don't blame you. I just hope you get approved because i have seen you work hard for it and searching this forum for answers.

Best of luck!

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Sorry, can you elaborate on this? Which tools?

And regarding tie: yes, I'm also submitting documentation that demonstrates my insignificant shares and also my father's majority.
Just google highlight pdf and they will provide you with certain websites where you can highlight certain areas of your pdf with a yellow color in order to attract the attention of the VO and making it easy for him.

I used it to highlight "USD" in one of my bank statements because i did not want VO to think that it is 27000 rupees.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Sorry, can you elaborate on this? Which tools?

And regarding tie: yes, I'm also submitting documentation that demonstrates my insignificant shares and also my father's majority.
They hardly spend 5 minutes on an application. So I highlighted certain areas which were important and because i didn't want him to miss it.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
They hardly spend 5 minutes on an application. So I highlighted certain areas which were important and because i didn't want him to miss it.
Yes, that's my fear too. Highlighting the items as I type this in Preview on macOS. I've used this feature extensively in the past in my professional life but I assumed you meant CIC provides some tools in the online application to highlight the stuff they want to look at.

Reactions: hussainkestrel

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Yes, that's my fear too. Highlighting the items as I type this in Preview on macOS. I've used this feature extensively in the past in my professional life but I assumed you meant CIC provides some tools in the online application to highlight the stuff they want to look at.
I agree that highlighting helps. They go through so many documents every day and it is very easy for them to miss important information. I submitted my application offline so in my SOP, I used bold font for important info.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
I agree that highlighting helps. They go through so many documents every day and it is very easy for them to miss important information. I submitted my application offline so in my SOP, I used bold font for important info.
Exactly. My SOP too was of 6 pages which included a letter of explanation of 3 pages to explain previous refusal reasons and i was pretty sure that the VO wont read it all so I used the bold font too.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Exactly. My SOP too was of 6 pages which included a letter of explanation of 3 pages to explain previous refusal reasons and i was pretty sure that the VO wont read it all so I used the bold font too.
mine was close to that. 2 pages SOP and 2 pages letter of explanation based on my GCMS notes.