+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Yes, please confirm with your friends. What program are they in? Secondly, though I'll contact the department, I was thinking I could also just write that this program is typically completed in 18 months but my employer has guaranteed me funding for 24 months.
They replied. They have the same 1-2 year duration and it worked for them.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
They replied. They have the same 1-2 year duration and it worked for them.
OK. I'm not sure what to put in the form for "Expected Graduation Date". Typically, the program is finished in 16 months (4 terms) - this is stated by Waterloo on their website. If I put in a Grad. Date that's 24 months in the future I will have to demonstrate that I have a huge amount of funds.

If I write 16 months the advantage is as follows;
  1. I have paid 75% of the fee to Waterloo (3 terms, 1 Year). 1 Term is pending.
  2. Employer/Sponsor has paid me in full for 4 terms (living and expenses)
I think this makes a strong application. There could be concern that if this student needs to take the full 24 months, where does he get the funds? For that, I think I will put in a statement in the employer provided affidavit that they will cover any additional costs if required (the additional 8 months).

What do you say?

willi_mian

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello Everyone!
I have applied visa on 28th of March and Biometrics were given on 30th March 2018, Since then waiting for Medical Request.
Note: I have applied via IRCC Registered consultant and he said that they have their own application portal and it is bit different than Normal online application. So, He is saying that there is no update in your application.
Anyone who has applied this way? or is it some kind of drama?

SK49

Apr 10, 2018
Hello Everyone!
I have applied visa on 28th of March and Biometrics were given on 30th March 2018, Since then waiting for Medical Request.
Note: I have applied via IRCC Registered consultant and he said that they have their own application portal and it is bit different than Normal online application. So, He is saying that there is no update in your application.
Cant comment on what it is, seems a drama though. I applied on 6th April.

Reactions: hussain-lala

willi_mian

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Med's Done....
Upfront
Cant comment on what it is, seems a drama though. I applied on 6th April.
Yeah Maybe, but biometrics were given 2 days later on valid letter (Obviously) so at least he has applied which is more of a concern for me. He said they have to submit files directly from their head office in Ontario to Visa Office in Canada. Now he will get an email if medical is required
(Note: I have been refused once in feb 17 and medical was upfornt at that time) so this time maybe they are taking bit longer to respond!)

Last edited:

salman53101

Feb 3, 2018
I have not received a reply on my case specific enquiry, is there any way of contacting the Abu Dhabi embassy? Btw in my tracking my last location shown for the application is Islamabad but the people in Islamabad have said my application is in Abu Dhabi, can anyone explain this

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello Everyone!
completely false. There is only one system for all to apply. Usually consultants dont want to give user id and password. I myself have experienced this in the past. You should register and open an account on the cic website. Then link your application. You will then be able to track everything that is happening on your application. If your application is approved then your status will show Approved. Follow the instructions in the link to link your account.

https://caipsgcms.com/blog/8/How-To-Link-Your-Paper-Based-Application-To-Your-Online-Cic-Account

Reactions: PARAM-

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I have not received a reply on my case specific enquiry, is there any way of contacting the Abu Dhabi embassy? Btw in my tracking my last location shown for the application is Islamabad but the people in Islamabad have said my application is in Abu Dhabi, can anyone explain this
How are you tracking? Through VFS or CIC site??

willi_mian

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
Med's Done....
Upfront
completely false. There is only one system for all to apply. Usually consultants dont want to give user id and password. I myself have experienced this in the past. You should register and open an account on the cic website. Then link your application. You will then be able to track everything that is happening on your application. If your application is approved then your status will show Approved. Follow the instructions in the link to link your account.

https://caipsgcms.com/blog/8/How-To-Link-Your-Paper-Based-Application-To-Your-Online-Cic-Account
Yeah I guess and what about online account? can we add one paper based application with two accounts?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Yeah I guess and what about online account? can we add one paper based application with two accounts?
As far as I know if you link the application which your agent has already linked then he will loose access to it. It happened to somebody on this forum. The moment he linked it, his agent could not access it.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
OK. I'm not sure what to put in the form for "Expected Graduation Date". Typically, the program is finished in 16 months (4 terms) - this is stated by Waterloo on their website. If I put in a Grad. Date that's 24 months in the future I will have to demonstrate that I have a huge amount of funds.

If I write 16 months the advantage is as follows;
  1. I have paid 75% of the fee to Waterloo (3 terms, 1 Year). 1 Term is pending.
  2. Employer/Sponsor has paid me in full for 4 terms (living and expenses)
I think this makes a strong application. There could be concern that if this student needs to take the full 24 months, where does he get the funds? For that, I think I will put in a statement in the employer provided affidavit that they will cover any additional costs if required (the additional 8 months).

What do you say?
My friends wrote 1 year but it perfectly makes sense to write 16 months as it is stated on Waterloo's website. No need to write 2 years in any case.