+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

tameezs

May 21, 2018
I also got IELTS score request on 6 July, but I got visa approval today. I did not even submit IELTS score as my IELTS test is on 28 July and I will get its score by 10 Aug. However I rasied CSE to ask for extension in providing IELTS score. Originally they had asked for IELTS scroe by 6 Aug but my result was to come by 10Aug so I raised CSE asking for an extension. Instead of extension, I just received visa approval letter. Should I still provide IELTS score? Account shows status as visa approved but also it says we need additional documents to continue processing your application..
@hussainkestrel @AstronomyNut what to do??

pk72018

Jul 15, 2018
1) Yes they can but you have to explain in your letter of explanation or SOP why your parents are not sponsoring you instead. I had a similar case as my brother was earning much more than my father so I made both of them my sponsor though I still explained why I made my brother my sponsor.
2) Neither it is mandatory nor it is recommended to transfer money to your personal account by your sponsor. Either show their personal account or pay the tuition fee upfront which is highly recommended. Make sure the university has 100% refund policy.
3) Well it depends on the tuition fee. You have to do the math, the annual income should be enough to support you (tuition and living expenses) and your family back home how ever if you have a lot of savings already then it is doesn't matter much. You need to have tuition fee plus living expenses for the first year at least.
Hi Hussain,

Thanks brother.

Your answers really helped me. They (my sponsors) are thinking to paying my tuition fees upfront of (if not complete 1 year, at least) one semester. I'll be exploring your past posts and some other members' as well and will contact you if need further help.

I appreciate your help.

Reactions: hussainkestrel

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hey all,

To apply for student visa (masters) do we need to show cash in bank or can we show cashable investments as well.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hey all,

To apply for student visa (masters) do we need to show cash in bank or can we show cashable investments as well.
You can show liquid cash plus fix deposit both. But properties are always considered as tie to home country. Not proof of funds

tameezs

May 21, 2018
You have already paid for the IELTS right? So give it just in case anyway. It'll help you in Canada too when you'll be looking for a part-time job as a proof of how proficient you are in English Language.
Yaa I have paid for it, but I haven't had much time to prepare for it. So in case I screw it up, will that be an issue. Like that wouldn't affect my study permit application in any way right, I have had my counterfoil issued so that can't be changed right?

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Yaa I have paid for it, but I haven't had much time to prepare for it. So in case I screw it up, will that be an issue. Like that wouldn't affect my study permit application in any way right, I have had my counterfoil issued so that can't be changed right?
Counterfoil is only for travelling from hkme country to canada. The actual study permit will be issued at Airport of canada by visa officer. So don't screw your IELTs. If they ask then what you will show them?

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
And in how many weeks you received your visa?

Aadiloclock

Jul 24, 2018
Hi,
So I made this account because I'm kind of concerned about my Visa application

I applied for the study permit on April 10th
-Did the Biometrics on April 12th
Got the letter for the medical on May 7th
-Did the medical on May 11th (passed it)

And its been radio silence since then from the embassy, haven't gotten any updates on the application.

My application consisted of
- Bank accounts showing well over $60,000 CAD
- Property etc
- Stellar SOP
- All the other required documents

I submit the application online.
The Institute is the University of Calgary.

My program starts on September 2nd but I've already bought a ticket for the 21st of August.

Should I be worried at this point? Is there something I can do to enquire why I the process hasn't progressed in 74 days?

Any help is welcomed :)

Regards,
Aadil Ali Malik.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hi,
So I made this account because I'm kind of concerned about my Visa application

I applied for the study permit on April 10th
-Did the Biometrics on April 12th
Got the letter for the medical on May 7th
-Did the medical on May 11th (passed it)

And its been radio silence since then from the embassy, haven't gotten any updates on the application.

My application consisted of
- Bank accounts showing well over $60,000 CAD
- Property etc
- Stellar SOP
- All the other required documents

I submit the application online.
The Institute is the University of Calgary.

My program starts on September 2nd but I've already bought a ticket for the 21st of August.

Should I be worried at this point? Is there something I can do to enquire why I the process hasn't progressed in 74 days?

Any help is welcomed :)

Regards,
Aadil Ali Malik.
Salam,
Brother you need to make a Case specific enquiry CSE since it already exceeded the time limit. Go to IRCC website click on contact us select Case Specific Inquiry and select Tell Us More then follow the procedure and also send email at canada high comission pakistan.