+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan to Canada 2013: Need help

captx

Aug 3, 2013
Hi,

I am starting this chain so that all of Pakistanis and others who are going to Canada in 2013 or later could benefit from it.

I am sure, even if you have everything planned there are always some last minute queries.

I am landing in canada on 6th aug with my wife. I have some questions and would appreciate if someone could address it.

1) I am traveling with my Wife, we both will be carrying $7000 to show as proof of funds ( which is $14000 aprox). Do I need to declear it in customs. I am confused here, coz it is more than $10,000 but technically carried by 2 persons so comes under $10,000 each.

2) Carrying the POF in cash due to short of time ( different long story why) but question is it fine that carry the POF cash in USD instead of CAD?

Thank you

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,115
2 $13,837
3 $17,011
4 $20,654
5 $23,425
6 $26,419
7 or more $29,414

You can carry POF in US $ equivalent to CAD$ mentioned in the above table.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

captx

Aug 3, 2013
I just been told by a friend of mine that it is not possible to apply for health card if you are going for a short trip coz you ll not have proof od residence. Is it true?

captx

Aug 3, 2013
Hi,

I have a valid driving lic from Kuwait. I am Pakistani Citizen and got this lic few years back when I was working there.

1) Is it possible to Drive on this Kuwaiti valid lic or do i need the international driving work permit? Note I am no more resident in Kuwait

2) I do not have the valid Pakistani driving license, coz my old license has got expired and now due to computerised licensing, they are not renewing the old licences. So need to apply for fresh. Can I utilize the driving experience of Kuwait license to get the wait period exemptions?

Thank you

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
you must talk to the province where you are landing. i think you will receive your hearth card via your postal address in canada. and for PR card it is must that you have a postal address in canada.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
captx said:
Hi,

I have a valid driving lic from Kuwait. I am Pakistani Citizen and got this lic few years back when I was working there.

1) Is it possible to Drive on this Kuwaiti valid lic or do i need the international driving work permit? Note I am no more resident in Kuwait

YES, 60 DAYS ONLY IN ONTARIO OR 90 DAYS IN ALBERTA PROVINCES

2) I do not have the valid Pakistani driving license, coz my old license has got expired and now due to computerised licensing, they are not renewing the old licences. So need to apply for fresh. Can I utilize the driving experience of Kuwait license to get the wait period exemptions?

YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT UNLESS YOU HAVE A LETTER FROM KUWAITI ROAD & TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (SIGNED & STAMPED) STATING YOUR YEARS OF DRIVING IN KUWAIT.

Thank you

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Any amount over $10,000 must be declared to Canadian customs.....don't worry all immigrants bring money there is no tax or duty on it. But just need to declare it, and probably immigration officer may ask to see the proof of funds.

See: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5114-eng.html#s3

After arriving, (if arriving in Ontario province)

- apply for social insurance number(s) for everyone at Service Canada offices
- Visit Service Ontario (provincial govt) offices and apply for Photo ID Card......it comes within 2 weeks, once you recieve this card you can use it to register for Health Card(s).....it costs $50 each for Ontario Photo Card.....it is like an ID Card until you receive PR Card, etc.
-Open bank account and deposit your money in it right away, do not carry so much cash with you everywhere. You can use bank card to pay directly for many things such as grocery, transports, and most other services
-Search and rent an apartment in the city, if you have friends/relatives they can guide you also.

Links:

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/sin/index.shtml

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/drivers-licence-topics

captx

Aug 3, 2013
Thank you all for the help.

On the link given i.e.

ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/drivers-licence-topics

Visiting: less than 3 months

If you are visiting Ontario for less than 3 months and want to drive while you’re here, you can use a valid driver’s licence from your own province, state or country.

It says "Own Country". Now it is tricky at my part. I have Valid Driving License from Kuwait but I am no more resident here. I am citizen of Pakistan.But do not have the valid license from Pakistan. Now I am confused and thinking what if I drive and get stuck with some bigger problem?

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
captx said:
I just been told by a friend of mine that it is not possible to apply for health card if you are going for a short trip coz you ll not have proof od residence. Is it true?
YES YOU CANT APPLY FOR A HEALTH CARD UNTIL U HAVE A TENANCY AGREEMENT. YOUR HEALTH CARD WILL BE MAILED TO THE ADDRESS MENTIONED IN THE AGREEMENT (FOR ONTARIO PROV)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
The license is issued to you, it remains yours and you can use it anywhere in the world.
It is not tied to nationality or country-specific.
You won't get into any trouble just for using a Kuwaiti license for under 90 days.