+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
I was also wondering why it is taking this much time. I checked with the application coordinator and they didn't give any good response. Only thing they confirmed is that they have received the WES course by course report. My bachelors and masters degree is from India. Can I know from where was your degrees from.
My Bachelors is from India and Masters from US.

KMSF

Apr 22, 2017
My Bachelors is from India and Masters from US.
Could you please explain me the procedure for PEng.
I have a Bachelors from India and masters in USA and PE . Around 10 years U.S exp.
I would appreciate if u could explain me the step by step procedure or guide me to the appropriate place to look at.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
I have a Bachelors from India and masters in USA and PE . Around 10 years U.S exp.
I would appreciate if u could explain me the step by step procedure or guide me to the appropriate place to look at.
Best place for instructions on how to apply is the APEGA website https://www.apega.ca/apply/professional-licensee/application-checklist/
It is a very long but simple process.

Some tips to expedite your application:

1. Start as professional licensee if you have not yet done your PR landing. You can later change to professional member application by emailing copy of your PR card.

2. Let your supervisors or references know to expect an email from APEGA and to check their SPAM/JUNK folder. In my case, all of them had the email in the JUNK folder and did not see it for some time until I called them to inquire.

3. As soon as you start the online application, apply for course-by-course evaluation by WES. You will need your application number to request the WES evaluation. Don't wait until to complete the online application and request evaluation. It takes about a week if your upgrading from document-by-document evaluation from your PR application (no need to re-submit transcripts or other documents). About a month or more, if you are starting from scratch.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Amatsukami and tobs

Runicchief347

Jul 25, 2018
Does anyone know if APEGA always require you to do additional exams if you are from outside of Canada. WES confirmed both my bachelors of engineering and my masters degree were equivalent to a Canadian 4 year bachelors and also a Canadian masters degree. I'm uncertain if they are definitely going to request I do additional exams. Any help would be great !

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Does anyone know if APEGA always require you to do additional exams if you are from outside of Canada. WES confirmed both my bachelors of engineering and my masters degree were equivalent to a Canadian 4 year bachelors and also a Canadian masters degree. I'm uncertain if they are definitely going to request I do additional exams. Any help would be great !
It all depends on the outcome of Board of Examiner's (BOE) meeting. BOE will probably review your degree courses.

https://www.apega.ca/apply/academic-documentation/

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Thanks for your timely response! Does it help if my country (united kingdom) is part of the Washington accord at all?
Yes it should definitely help if your degree/university was accredited by the UK Engineers council.

Statement copied from Engineers Canada website: https://engineerscanada.ca/accreditation/equivalency-for-programs-outside-of-canada
"It recognizes the substantial equivalency of programs and recommends that graduates of programs accredited by any of the signatories be recognized by the other signatories as having met the academic requirements for entry to the practice of engineering"

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hi If you are US PE, you just have to apply for membership with EGBC or APEGA and request your PE board to submit your certificate records and about your standing. That's it. You should get it in a couple of weeks.

Very simple for your.

Good Luck!
Thanks,

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Hey guys
I have a BEng mechanical and automotive engg from UK. I am registered as an Associate member with Engg Council UK and have 4 years of experience as a Mechanical HVAC engineer. My degree is on Washington Accord but further learning is required to be registered as Professional engineer.
I recently got WES report for immigration and I think it's the basic package.
My questions are
1. what steps do I need to take to register with APEGA as an EIT and further as P.Eng?
2. Is the WES report that I already have enough or do I need to get another one for licensing purposes?
3. As I only have a bachelor's degree, do you guys recommend to study further once I am in Canada to make the licensing easier?

I would really appreciate any feedback/advice.

Thanks
Hi my friend,

Have you had an answer for this question?

123settogo

Oct 19, 2018
not yet .
waiting...
Mine changed to:

The Board of Examiners has reviewed your file, and their decision will be mailed or emailed to you. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take 3 - 4 weeks following the Board decision before your reporting letter is sent to you.

I am worried. Someone said EIT will change to P.Eng automatically if it is approved. Did you receive the email from APEGA?