+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

vibin2018

Jul 19, 2018
Hey when did you submit your application.
I submitted my application for P.Eng in mid july and its still waiting in queue for processing. I am an EIT with APEGA, probably i won't need academic review as my educational documents have been reviewed during EIT processing.
I started my application in January and the references were completed on march. The application was in internal review till June. By mid of June the status changed to academic review and its still the same. Not sure why the academic review is taking too long.

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I started my application in January and the references were completed on march. The application was in internal review till June. By mid of June the status changed to academic review and its still the same. Not sure why the academic review is taking too long.
are you a graduate from international university? academic review take 2-4 months for graduates from international universities.

Reactions: tobs

vibin2018

Jul 19, 2018
Today I got update on my status:
Internal Review -Complete
Academic Examiner - Complete
Internal Review -Complete //* 11-June
Experience Review - In progress.//* 11-June
Hi,
can you please advise your time line for the academic review. Also can you tell me if your degree is from any international university. mine is from India and is been under review for long time now.

alimzlm

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Hi,
can you please advise your time line for the academic review. Also can you tell me if your degree is from any international university. mine is from India and is been under review for long time now.
Yes ,the degree is international .The academic review took less than a week .I am stuck in the Experience Review . I heard that in APEGA ,it will take from 8 to 11 months

vibin2018

Jul 19, 2018
Yes ,the degree is international .The academic review took less than a week .I am stuck in the Experience Review . I heard that in APEGA ,it will take from 8 to 11 months
Thanks for replying...not sure when my academic review going to finish and experience review will start. Please share when you have any updates. Lets hope for best and the process will finish faster.

Reactions: alimzlm

alimzlm

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Application Submitted Sep 2017 .It took long time to contact my old managers /supervisors and convince them to answer the Reference questionnaires.
Reference Questionnaire completed : 27-Feb-18
Internal Review started 27-Feb and completed 10-May
academic review started : 10-May and completed 16-May
Internal Review 2nd time started 16-May and completed 11-June
Experience Examiner started 11-June and completed 17-Aug

Case to Board (Oct 2018) //17-Aug

vibin2018

Jul 19, 2018
Application Submitted Sep 2017 .It took long time to contact my old managers /supervisors and convince them to answer the Reference questionnaires.

That's great news, congrats.
You gave me some hope. Hoping mine also will move soon. Fingers crossed...

Reactions: alimzlm

john 1

Aug 23, 2018
Hello,

I have same time line as yours but my P.Eng Application did not go to experience examiner. It shows two academic review. I am confused. Would you please let me know why my application did not go through experience examiner?

Please see below timeline

Internal Review Complete

Academic Examiner Complete

Internal Review Complete

Case to Board Oct 2018

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have same time line as yours but my P.Eng Application did not go to experience examiner. It shows two academic review. I am confused. Would you please let me know why my application did not go through experience examiner?

Internal Review Complete

Internal Review Complete

Case to Board Oct 2018
Whats your application date?

I have applied recently in July 2018, My references were completed by end of July,2018. All other relevant validations and responses from referee's were completed in Mid August. My application is in the internal review process. Just wanted to get a feel of each step during APEGA's Review, what each step entails and expected timeline.

Would someone mind explaining the review process?

Appreciate all inputs.

alimzlm

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Hello,

Internal Review Complete

Internal Review Complete

Case to Board Oct 2018
I think typo mistake .Better ask your application coordinator and update us

vibin2018

Jul 19, 2018
Looks like we have same timeline. Lets stay connected and share our status as we move forward.
Did you receive any update in your application status? Did you tried to contact the agency? For me its been almost 2.5 months in academic review without any update.

syed1214

Jul 7, 2018
Did you receive any update in your application status? Did you tried to contact the agency? For me its been almost 2.5 months in academic review without any update.
No Update yet....academic review is in process since early June.