+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

Bright_PA

May 15, 2019
Did you work under different supervisor/manager and positions during those 4 years. if yes, then you can split the 4 years time period and provide one or two referee's per each position.
Yes, and i received an email as well from APEGA, notifying me that my application has been approved.
Hi Mario_AB,

I plan to put in for P.Eng application. Please can you provide guidance on this?

Bright_PA

May 15, 2019
Hello,

I initiated my application in June 2018,
Submitted Experience forms in July 2018
Reference were done by August 2018.
Internal Review Complete: Dec 2018
Examiner review Complete: Dec 2018
Case to Board: Jan, 2018

Let me know if you need any guidance on your application

Hello All,

I'm registered with APEGA as EIT with over 4 years of experience. I plan to submit application for a P.Eng. Can anyone walk me through this process please? Thanks!

ryan_m

Jan 28, 2018
Apparently you are not the only one. I was also assigned the FE exam after putting up 8 years of professional experience. Now the hardest part is to prepare for it with full time job and family. I presented my engineering experience in the best possible way I could but nothing worked. Just throwing a question here for a brainstorming. What possible options I have to eliminate this exam? I do not have any objection on taking this exam but the time and kind of commitment require for this exam is overwhelming.
Hey, how was your degree assessed by WES - is it equal to a Canadian bachelor's degree?

ryan_m

Jan 28, 2018
anyone in here applied with APEGA and then was assessed that their degree is not equal to a Canadian bachelor's degree? how did that turned out for you or affected your application?

ryan_m

Jan 28, 2018
My degree was assessed with WES and it was equivalent to the Canadian Bachelor degree.
i applied in 2013 and was assigned 5 more exams even after passing the FE and so I quit on it. back then WES is not being used for academic assessment. just this month I had a WES assessment saying my degree is equal to a Canadian bachelor's degree.

so i kinda thinking that maybe this is the right time to apply gain cause I probably have met or exceed the minimum requirements already.

hst2608

Oct 20, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Just to update, my P.Eng application has been approved.
Hello Mario
Firstly, i would like to congratulate you for this achievement.
I have submitted my AINP application and waiting for nomination. Meanwhile i thought to start applying for P.Eng.
I am a mechanical engineer (noc 2132) having almost 12 yrs of work exp now
Current Employer - 3 yrs (till date)
Previous Employer - 3 yrs
Previous Employer - 2 yrs 11 months
Previous Employer - 3 yrs 4 months

Can you please help with all the steps i need to proceed ?....if possible can we start conversation on watsapp?? would really appreciate that.
thanks

krishamehul

May 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

Can anyone guide me for P.Eng application. thank you in advance.
I have 3 years experience from consultant, India and one year from Canada.
is anyone have idea from friends and family who have same experience like mine. and if result come with require more experience and Is APEGA actually give time frame example -with in 2 years finished this much experience something like this or just says required more experience no matter one you finished???

I am eligible for P.Eng in June and after submit application I can register for NPPE.but what if i donot pass before application at final stage?does my application can refuse or they will give me decision or wait until my NPPE pass??
how many stage for application?
and any suggestion for NPPE exam?
new format for application submission?need suggestion for that too

no idea where to start.

Thank you in advance

syed1214

Jul 7, 2018
like mentioned by someone here, why were you assigned the FE even though your degree is fine and you have 8 yrs experience? get clarifications. maybe it's your experience they are not satisfied.
My experience was accepted and they granted me 90 months of professional experience. They said that FE exam can be waived off if you have 10 years of high quality engineering experience. I am thinking to apply for reassessment of my experience since I don’t have time to prepare for FE unless I quit my current full time job.

123settogo

Oct 19, 2018
My experience was accepted and they granted me 90 months of professional experience. They said that FE exam can be waived off if you have 10 years of high quality engineering experience. I am thinking to apply for reassessment of my experience since I don’t have time to prepare for FE unless I quit my current full time job.
1. do reassessment;
2. while you are waiting, start to prepare for FE. I took FE 2 years ago - it is not hard, very basic questions.

syed1214

Jul 7, 2018
1. do reassessment;
2. while you are waiting, start to prepare for FE. I took FE 2 years ago - it is not hard, very basic questions.
123settgo, Thanks for the valuable tip. I just bought the FE other discipline book, exams and formula sheets. Time management is the biggest challenge. Will update you guys as I move through these stages