+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner operator LMIA, Work permit and PR

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Update Time

Got an approval today for myself, not for wife and kid yet. September 13 2021 is the day that will be remembered in history as my starting to Canadian journey.
congratulations brother...its like they are processing work permits now...been waiting since March 2020....medical passed since April 2021

Reactions: canadavisaQs

mkashif

Jan 27, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Update Time

Got an approval today for myself, not for wife and kid yet. September 13 2021 is the day that will be remembered in history as my starting to Canadian journey.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!......, so happy for you, ( Just login forum and read), I was following you since you start positing.

Reactions: canadavisaQs

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
I apologize for the delay in updating. I did get my Visa Stamped in around 8 days in Dubai, reached Canada around 20 days ago. Work permit was issued for 1 year at the airport.

Company is doing good, got an office and everything. Hiring employees, will file for 00 LMIA again in around 8-9 months (since now the criteria for owner operator is that business should be running for a year).

Reactions: Wingslife

fishinfall

Mar 6, 2020
I apologize for the delay in updating. I did get my Visa Stamped in around 8 days in Dubai, reached Canada around 20 days ago. Work permit was issued for 1 year at the airport.

Company is doing good, got an office and everything. Hiring employees, will file for 00 LMIA again in around 8-9 months (since now the criteria for owner operator is that business should be running for a year).
Congratulation on your arrival to Canada eventually! It must be a long journey! Can I ask the boarder entering was smooth? Did the office ask a lot questions on the business profile? How about procedure on covid testing/vaccine?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Congratulation on your arrival to Canada eventually! It must be a long journey! Can I ask the boarder entering was smooth? Did the office ask a lot questions on the business profile? How about procedure on covid testing/vaccine?
no questions, very straight forward. Took less than 2 minutes

Covid vacinne certificate and test before flying. I didn't fly out of india, so it was much easier. I was in dubai for few weeks

Reactions: mkashif

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Update

Got approval for SOWP couple of days ago, but still its pending for a 5 year old Child. IRCC is really bad at this. All of us applied in June 2020 and even after 21 months, one of 3 family members doesn't have visa.

Reactions: Wingslife

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Update

Got approval for SOWP couple of days ago, but still its pending for a 5 year old Child. IRCC is really bad at this. All of us applied in June 2020 and even after 21 months, one of 3 family members doesn't have visa.
Congrats. What are the SOWP timelines and where did you apply from?

moohhoom

Mar 15, 2019
Update

where did you apply from?

Wingslife

Feb 4, 2022

How

It’s good to see that you are good now. If you are working in 00 for one year in Canada, you are LMIA- exempt to get your 200 pts, right?

I am confused about the new criteria for running a business for one year. Is it for the application for second lmias only or for all first ones.

thank you so much and wish EE will invite you immediately when you work one year.

Wingslife

Feb 4, 2022
Update

Use term “urgent” to webform them, for it is inhumane.

Mk@127

Jun 12, 2022
Update

Congratulations on your landing and thank you so much for sharing your experience so far in the forum.
From your experience, would you advise Under the Business Immigration Program, I'm required to live in a particular province of my business? Or I can live in some other province to work remotely?