+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner operator LMIA, Work permit and PR

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Update

i realize its been over a year since my last post but here is what has happened since then. I landed in Canada in Sept 2021 and family came in April 22, work permit expired in Sep 22, applied for new LMIA and renewal. LMIA took very long because they wanted us register company with province to hire a foreigner worker.

Got notice from IRCC that if we don't get LMIA by mid April, they will reject the work permit extension. Magically, LMIA officer emailed us in March first week and asked for some documents, provided documents and he issued a 00 NOC LMIA WITHOUT INTERVIEW. Yes, thats right i got 200 points LMIA without any interview of any sort.

Work permit approval came couple of days ago and is good for 18 months (Same length as LMIA), so we have until end of next year to get PR. After getting LMIA, we were at 480 score and express entry draws were all above that since i got the LMIA. Got tired of waiting and went for another IELTS and now score is 484, last draw on April 12th was 486 so going for another IELTS (i think i can get 3-4 more points). Test is on monday.

So far its looking good, should be able to get ITA in next 6 draws. Another 8 months after ITA to get PR and then i am done with all of this.

Funny enough, we don't have tourist visa for canada so now if we leave canada we can't come back unless we get a visa, even though we have work permit and study permit. Apply for TRV today and hopefully get it in next couple of weeks.