20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Thank you for the reply Sahil ji

what I understand is that work permit in own company is different thing than Lmia.

after working 1 year with the permit,I can apply for the noc 0 which will awarded 50 points and after working 1 year with noc 0,I can apply for noc 00 which is of 200 points, so total 2 years and no Lmia is involved,am I rite?
No. It depends on the work permit approval. If your work permit approved under NOC which starts with 00 then after working for one year, you will get 200 points for job offer otherwise 50 if it starts with NOC 0.

i hope it helps.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
@sahilarora2003
Hi. I thought once your business plan is approved, you will get 200 points in your profile?
No. You have to work on the closed work permit for one year then only you will get points. If you don’t wanna wait for one year after your visa has been approved, you can apply for LMIA once you land in Canada and get it approved.

i hope it helps.

Reactions: Cannnada

WR ACCA

Oct 25, 2018
A quick question; for owner operator, funds should be in Canada or it could be outside in owner's account? Does it impact on application?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
A quick question; for owner operator, funds should be in Canada or it could be outside in owner's account? Does it impact on application?
It should be in the bank accounts of country from where you will be applying for visa.

I hope it helps.

Reactions: WR ACCA

RecentCanuck

Jan 30, 2021
Hi Everyone,

This is a great forum and thank you to the person who started it. Being an immigrant myself, I know how overwhelming and intimidating this process is.

I'd like to address all those who have applied for, or are in the process of applying, or just thinking about the program. I may be on the other side of the equation. I say "may" because I'm not sure, hence turning to you all here.

I own a small dry cleaning business in Toronto. Its an actual plant with machines, etc. Currently, it is retail only but has been used for wholesale work (other depots) in the past. Now, having raised enough funds, I want to setup a new dry cleaning facility at an industrial level. My current business is small but cash-flow positive. Besides myself, I have two part-time employees. Also, I want to put this up front, I bought the business in June 2020 and closed on it in November 2020. And before anyone asks: no, I'm not getting rid of it because it was a mistake. I can't possibly undertake a new venture while I'm involved here (9AM to 7PM on most days).

I've asked local brokers for help and they've given a similar answer: no one is transacting right now so look at "other" options. I was advised by an immigration lawyer to seek out foreign entrepreneurs simply because they have a much higher motivation and risk tolerance. They could be generalizing...

My questions:
- will my business qualify for sale to a foreigner under the LMIA program?
- how will anyone carry out their due diligence sitting so far away?

Thank you for your feedback.

Reactions: canadavisaQs

RecentCanuck

Jan 30, 2021
Hi @sahilarora2003,
Could you suggest any consultant for Owner operated and any company name to write the business plan?
I spoke to Joorney.com and they charge 2k per plan and i think they do this on regular basis.
I spoke to them in November and they were asking for $2,500, so you seem to be getting a better deal.
Just thinking: how different would their business plan be compared to a any other?
Also, they were nice enough to recommend a lawyer they work with often.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I spoke to them in November and they were asking for $2,500, so you seem to be getting a better deal.
Just thinking: how different would their business plan be compared to a any other?
Also, they were nice enough to recommend a lawyer they work with often.
Who did they recommend ?

RecentCanuck

Jan 30, 2021
Hope I don't get banned or something by posting this:
Canada On Path Immigration Services. They're in Mississauga.
Again, I don't know how many cases they've actually processed.

Reactions: Cannnada

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi @sahilarora2003,
Could you suggest any consultant for Owner operated and any company name to write the business plan?
I spoke to Joorney.com and they charge 2k per plan and i think they do this on regular basis.
Tbh I don’t recommend any but it seems a pretty good deal for 2k (CAD)for a business plan which should like like it’s viable.
You can get it done within your home country for less if you do some research and find the right person. I paid approximately 8k INR for mine which is equal to 180 CAD.

I hope it helps!

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Tbh I don’t recommend any but it seems a pretty good deal for 2k (CAD)for a business plan which should like like it’s viable.
You can get it done within your home country for less if you do some research and find the right person. I paid approximately 8k INR for mine which is equal to 180 CAD.

I hope it helps!
Thanks

fishinfall

Mar 6, 2020
This thread helped me a lot regarding owner operator programs. Thanks!
I got my OO LIMA 200 points approval back in Nov 2020. Here are my timeline and facts I think might contribute my results. Hopefully it can help more.

Timeline:
Feb 2020, signed retainer agreement with my current attorney.
Mar 2020, created business in Canada, following with mandatory steps, (bank account, business license, GST, PST, HST, office(shared) etc)
May 2020, received first version business plan.
Jun 2020, signed off final version business plan.
Sep 2020, signed off and submitted LIMA EMP form.
Sep 2020, attorney confirmed Service Canada has received the application.
Nov 2020, attorney emailed me saying that they received a call from Service Canada regarding one specified question regarding my business.
Nov 2020, one day later, I sent my answer to my attorney, who I assumed forwarded my answers to Service Canada.
Nov 2020,another day later, I received the LIMA approval letter from Service Canada.
Dec 2020, I submitted EE profile and got ITA within a week via another attorney. (My LIMA attorney is quite slow in processing my application.)
Feb 2021, I submitted my EE PR application via the new attorney.

Facts impact the LIMA result positively, I think.
+ The business plan is quite solidly written by my LIMA attorney
+ Though I was remote, the business is under minimized operation, with contracts, orders, expenses, offices etc.
+ I hired a part-time Canada citizen to support the operation.
+ I built a website for the business.
+ To get the 200 points, I emphasized in the business plan that I would be a senior level manager in my business (I will have direct report managers under me and skip level employees under them).
+ The business I would setup has strong consistency with my previous working experience.

Fact could have positive impact
1. To make my application stronger, I switched my office to physical shared office from a virtual one before the LIMA application. However, my attorney failed to update this piece of information in my LIMA package.

Moving forward,
Currently my LIMA attorney is still working my work permit, which is super slow. As indicated in the timeline, I have submitted my EE PR application as the 200 points granted made my profile above the CRS threshold. There were EE stuffs involving more discussions relevant to other threads regarding EE/PR. In general, I'm waiting for my PR result with my positive LIMA. I don't feel super confident as my personal/work life had been tough and shifting due to various reasons in 2020. Still, I would share more regarding LIMA if you guys have questions.

WR ACCA

Oct 25, 2018
This thread helped me a lot regarding owner operator programs. Thanks!
I got my OO LIMA 200 points approval back in Nov 2020. Here are my timeline and facts I think might contribute my results. Hopefully it can help more.

Timeline:
Feb 2020, signed retainer agreement with my current attorney.
Mar 2020, created business in Canada, following with mandatory steps, (bank account, business license, GST, PST, HST, office(shared) etc)
May 2020, received first version business plan.
Jun 2020, signed off final version business plan.
Sep 2020, signed off and submitted LIMA EMP form.
Sep 2020, attorney confirmed Service Canada has received the application.
Nov 2020, attorney emailed me saying that they received a call from Service Canada regarding one specified question regarding my business.
Nov 2020, one day later, I sent my answer to my attorney, who I assumed forwarded my answers to Service Canada.
Nov 2020,another day later, I received the LIMA approval letter from Service Canada.
Dec 2020, I submitted EE profile and got ITA within a week via another attorney. (My LIMA attorney is quite slow in processing my application.)
Feb 2021, I submitted my EE PR application via the new attorney.

Facts impact the LIMA result positively, I think.
+ The business plan is quite solidly written by my LIMA attorney
+ Though I was remote, the business is under minimized operation, with contracts, orders, expenses, offices etc.
+ I hired a part-time Canada citizen to support the operation.
+ I built a website for the business.
+ To get the 200 points, I emphasized in the business plan that I would be a senior level manager in my business (I will have direct report managers under me and skip level employees under them).
+ The business I would setup has strong consistency with my previous working experience.

Fact could have positive impact
1. To make my application stronger, I switched my office to physical shared office from a virtual one before the LIMA application. However, my attorney failed to update this piece of information in my LIMA package.

Moving forward,
Currently my LIMA attorney is still working my work permit, which is super slow. As indicated in the timeline, I have submitted my EE PR application as the 200 points granted made my profile above the CRS threshold. There were EE stuffs involving more discussions relevant to other threads regarding EE/PR. In general, I'm waiting for my PR result with my positive LIMA. I don't feel super confident as my personal/work life had been tough and shifting due to various reasons in 2020. Still, I would share more regarding LIMA if you guys have questions.
Thanks for sharing your timeline and valuable insights