+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner operator LMIA, Work permit and PR

ahmeddiab76

Nov 19, 2010
Noc 0125 are for Managers

this noc code is for plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that provide services to business, and ensure the quality of those services and client satisfaction.

If your business was operational, you would probably get 200 points

am I right?
Did you got the change in NOC from services Canada ? I have a planned interview with service Canada by next week .. I need to know what is expected during this interview ? I located inside Canada with operating business for 2 years

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
Did you got the change in NOC from services Canada ? I have a planned interview with service Canada by next week .. I need to know what is expected during this interview ? I located inside Canada with operating business for 2 years
Yes changed by service Canada,but not in my case since it was discussion with canadavisaQS ,he can tell you better.

I have just started the journey.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
yes, NOC code was changed by service canada office who took my interview

mYusuf

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
You can buy the old one too but do not apply for LMIA after just three months as it will be difficult to get it approved at first. Do the paper work, buy the inventory and start selling it. As the sales gets running for 6 months approximately, then you should apply for LMIA and get it approved.

This is my personal opinion. I hope it helps.
I need to understand. From the above conversation, I gather that he needs to run the business for 6 months while sitting out of Canada and later apply for an LMIA, get that approved and then be able to enter Canada to personally run the business? Apparently it is almost impossible to run most of the businesses remotely.

Following the Owner-Operator path, what will be the steps to setup the business in Canada, get the permission to work there to manage the business.
Thank you

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
You can buy the old one too but do not apply for LMIA after just three months as it will be difficult to get it approved at first. Do the paper work, buy the inventory and start selling it. As the sales gets running for 6 months approximately, then you should apply for LMIA and get it approved.

This is my personal opinion. I hope it helps.
Hello Sahil ji
Should I apply for the work permit 50 points in my new company after 1 month of operations then after 1 year lmia 200 points.

please advise

thank you

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
I need to understand. From the above conversation, I gather that he needs to run the business for 6 months while sitting out of Canada and later apply for an LMIA, get that approved and then be able to enter Canada to personally run the business? Apparently it is almost impossible to run most of the businesses remotely.

Following the Owner-Operator path, what will be the steps to setup the business in Canada, get the permission to work there to manage the business.
Thank you
H,

Lemme illustrate an example here.

In Ontario, there is a condition that if you want to run an incorporation/ incorporate a new business then you need a partner who should be citizen or permanent resident of Canada. It means that the incorporation will be a partnership concern. The person who is in Canada already will look after day to day operations and the person who is in India who made an investment and bought a majority stake in it should wait for 1-2 months (in my view) to apply for work permit if the business is up already. If it's a new corporation then he should buy majority stake( Minimum 51% ) and apply for work permit under GATS NOC Code starts with 00 to get work permit with supporting business plan. Once you get the work permit, come here, run the business for few months and apply for LMIA. Once you get the LMIA approved, you will get job offer points awarded straight away in EE profile.

If you can wait a lil more, you can avoid the hassle of applying for LMIA. You should work for the corporation for minimum one year on the employer specific work permit already issued to you. After one year, generate a LMIA exempt job offer using employer portal and use it in EE profile. 200 points will be awarded for the same after one year. However you have to write down the job offer on letter head too.

I hope it helps.

Reactions: Bc pnp draw

mYusuf

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
H,

Lemme illustrate an example here.

In Ontario, there is a condition that if you want to run an incorporation/ incorporate a new business then you need a partner who should be citizen or permanent resident of Canada. It means that the incorporation will be a partnership concern. The person who is in Canada already will look after day to day operations and the person who is in India who made an investment and bought a majority stake in it should wait for 1-2 months (in my view) to apply for work permit if the business is up already. If it's a new corporation then he should buy majority stake( Minimum 51% ) and apply for work permit under GATS NOC Code starts with 00 to get work permit with supporting business plan. Once you get the work permit, come here, run the business for few months and apply for LMIA. Once you get the LMIA approved, you will get job offer points awarded straight away in EE profile.

If you can wait a lil more, you can avoid the hassle of applying for LMIA. You should work for the corporation for minimum one year on the employer specific work permit already issued to you. After one year, generate a LMIA exempt job offer using employer portal and use it in EE profile. 200 points will be awarded for the same after one year. However you have to write down the job offer on letter head too.

I hope it helps.
Thank you for the reply. Quite a few things that I now need to study to understand the process.
Regards

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hello Sahil ji
Should I apply for the work permit 50 points in my new company after 1 month of operations then after 1 year lmia 200 points.

please advise

thank you
I can’t understand your question. Please ask clearly. It’s confusing.

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
I can’t understand your question. Please ask clearly. It’s confusing.
I am saying is that easy to apply and obtain work permit consisting 50 points in newly formed company.And after 1 year of maintaining payroll and proper operations of business,200 points with noc 00?
Will noc 0 work permit be under LMIA-Based?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
I am saying is that easy to apply and obtain work permit consisting 50 points in newly formed company.And after 1 year of maintaining payroll and proper operations of business,200 points with noc 00?
Will noc 0 work permit be under LMIA-Based?
Nothing is easy in this world. You have to do efforts to get work permit approved by submitting proper business plan which is viable. 50 points will not be awarded on work permit approval. It will be awarded after one year of operations under NOC code starting with 0 with job offer. For NOC Code 00, it will be 200 points which will be available after one year of work for that employer on closed work permit.

As i stated in the previous post, LMIA is second option which you can opt in if you don't want to wait for one year.

I hope it helps.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Bc pnp draw

Bc pnp draw

Feb 14, 2020
Nothing is easy in this world. You have to do efforts to get work permit approved by submitting proper business plan which is viable. 50 points will not be awarded on work permit approval. It will be awarded after one year of operations under NOC code starting with 0 with job offer. For NOC Code 00, it will be 200 points which will be available after one year of work for that employer on closed work permit.

As i stated in the previous post, LMIA is second option which you can opt in if you don't want to wait for one year.

I hope it helps.

Good Luck!
Thank you for the reply Sahil ji

what I understand is that work permit in own company is different thing than Lmia.

after working 1 year with the permit,I can apply for the noc 0 which will awarded 50 points and after working 1 year with noc 0,I can apply for noc 00 which is of 200 points, so total 2 years and no Lmia is involved,am I rite?