+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner operator LMIA, Work permit and PR

ahmeddiab76

Nov 19, 2010
I am also planning to apply for this. Could you please suggest a good attorney or consultant you have worked with? Also for the business plan - any companies you could refer?
I Assume the new changes that they need the business to be operating for one year at least

angdxb

Oct 2, 2020
Update

Got the ATIP notes and i am really happy about it. The ATIP notes basically stated 3 points

a. Candidate doesn't have Bachelors degree
b. English language something something
c. Even though candidates shows he is the President and owner of multiple businesses, there is no proof that these are running of were functional companies.

So, the reason, i am happy with ATIP notes is because these all 3 concerns can be addresses very easily.

a) i do not have graduate degree but my owner operator LMIA states, bachelor degree not required plus noc 0125 states bachelor's degree is usually required but its not must.
b) English language - i have decent IELTS score from test i gave in January 2020 (L 7.5, R 8, W 6.5, S 8.5) So i will just attach my IELTS result
c) This one is valid because in my previous application i didn't provide any document showing these businesses were actually running, so now we are going to add so much documentation showing all my businesses were actually running, tax returns, bank statements, client reference letters, invoices to clients, and on and on.

I have also stopped working with the firm that did my original LMIA and work permit (I HAVE SAID MULTIPLE TIMES IN THIS THREAD THAT I DON'T LIKE HOW SLOW THEY ARE). My new attorney is pretty fast and i am hoping we will submit the application this week.

Another side good news is, work permit application from india has decreasing timeline every week now, at one point it was taking as long as 17 weeks and now its showing 12 weeks (updating tomorrow again). I am hopeful by the time my work permit application is submitted, it will be done to under 10 years, so Yayyy!!!!
Could you please PM me which is the new attorney that you are working with? I would like to check with them regarding the process.

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hi, (My friend's company)
A global travel company has presence in many countries. In 2016 registered the company in Canada but does not have major operations due to lack of senior management. In 2019- through ICT one employee moved to Canada but couldn't adjust and went back. Now if the owner wants to move there- can he use the same company to get 200 points for OOLMIA? OR NOT as they already sent someone through ICT there?

Ehsan Zafer

Oct 25, 2020
Since i have been through the entire process myself, i feel i can do the same if i had to now. So feel free to PM me for any help you need sending application yourself.
Could you kindly provide an insight about how to go about applying for the Owner Operator LMIA being outside Canada? I have a valid visit visa and happened to visit Canada last year for over a month.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, (My friend's company)
A global travel company has presence in many countries. In 2016 registered the company in Canada but does not have major operations due to lack of senior management. In 2019- through ICT one employee moved to Canada but couldn't adjust and went back. Now if the owner wants to move there- can he use the same company to get 200 points for OOLMIA? OR NOT as they already sent someone through ICT there?
Hard to say.

Sounds like the company still has no major operations in Canada even though it's been registered since 2016. Also, the travel industry has collapsed due to COVID-19. Might be quite hard to argue there's a case for an ICT right now and the need for a senior executive in Canada. Having said that, he can certainly give it a shot.

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I have been asking my consultant to put the job offer in Express Entry but he is insisting to wait for the work permit. He told me that IRCC might not approve the job offer as the business is not in operation yet.
Not sure what to do here?
I feel kind of stuck.
I want to apply for PR right away but consultant is saying, its bad idea.
@canadavisaQs did you apply for PR yet? What is your status?
I hope you applied already. Like CanadavisaQs already mentioned you do not need to wait for the work permit to use the LMIA for EE.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
i do not know and my attorney didn't even talk about this, the LMIA i got has expired so perhaps i should start looking into it for next LMIA (i will apply again to try and get 00 NOC this time)
Hey CanadavisaQs. I just wanted commend you for an interesting and enlightening thread. Sharing your updates, successes, failures and answering all the questions on here has been admirable. I'm rooting for you to get your positive 00 LMIA and eventually, PR.

Reactions: kashy885

Ghurala

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
oh.. you mean it should be operational in Canada for a year? and then we apply for owner operator LMIA?
Yes, the new changes will be scary. They have not implemented it yet though and I hope they won't. There will also be advertisements requirements if these changes get implemented.

fishinfall

Mar 6, 2020
Anyone had experience of change LMIA NOC from 0 to 00. I had applied for LMIA and got 50 points only.
Concrates! Can I ask when did you submitted the LIMA application? Did you go through an interview with staff from Service Canada? Also, can you share you next step? Would you apply the work permit or PR directly?

fishinfall

Mar 6, 2020
Update from my side

In early September, my attorney submitted my owner operation application. Today, my attorney firm emailed me saying that Service Canada reached out to them asking one specific question regarding the business in my application.
I took it a good sign as Service Canada has picked up my application less than two months waiting. Also, since it seems that there is only one question they have regarding my application, is that possible I can skipped the interview? ;)