+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner operator LMIA, Work permit and PR

ieltscanada

Jan 19, 2019
as discussed before , i understand grocery store are not eligible , does restaurants are eligible under O-O LMIA category ?

Ghurala

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
as discussed before , i understand grocery store are not eligible , does restaurants are eligible under O-O LMIA category ?
Who says grocery stores are not eligible. I have prepared two application for grocery store and they were approved.

ieltscanada

Jan 19, 2019
Who says grocery stores are not eligible. I have prepared two application for grocery store and they were approved.
Even we don’t have experience in managing business , can we still invest in restaurant or grocery store in remote area and get LMIA approved with noc 00 ?

Ghurala

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Even we don’t have experience in managing business , can we still invest in restaurant or grocery store in remote area and get LMIA approved with noc 00 ?
The short answer is yes, but you would have to prove that you are capable of Performing senior Manager duties. Note - ESDC is assessing the Labour market impact which means they are assessing whether your position will have negative, positive or neutral impact on Labour market in Canada but IRCC is the one who will emphasize more on your capability of performing the duties mention in the NOC. again OOLMIA could be very complicated application. Each application is different than the others.

fishinfall

Mar 6, 2020
This thread helped me a lot regarding owner operator programs. Thanks!

I've been remotely working with a Canadian local immigration firm on my OO application for awhile and eventually today my immigration attorney confirmed my OO LIMA application has been submitted.

Timeline:
Feb 20~, signed retainer agreement with my current attorney.
Mar 20~, created business in Canada, following with mandatory steps, (bank account, business license, GST, PST, HST, office(shared) etc)
May 10~, received first version business plan.
Jun 20~, signed off final version business plan.
Sep 1~, signed off LIMA EMP form.
Sep 15th, attorney confirmed Service Canada has received the application.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
This thread helped me a lot regarding owner operator programs. Thanks!

I've been remotely working with a Canadian local immigration firm on my OO application for awhile and eventually today my immigration attorney confirmed my OO LIMA application has been submitted.

Timeline:
Feb 20~, signed retainer agreement with my current attorney.
Mar 20~, created business in Canada, following with mandatory steps, (bank account, business license, GST, PST, HST, office(shared) etc)
May 10~, received first version business plan.
Jun 20~, signed off final version business plan.
Sep 1~, signed off LIMA EMP form.
Sep 15th, attorney confirmed Service Canada has received the application.
congratulations and welcome

I am sure you know, interview is the most important part of this process. So prepare for that, also do you mind sharing few things?

what type of business is it?

Are you in Canada? If not, which country?

Is the business operational or will be operational by the time of interview?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
So it looks like everyone who applied for work permit from India has application in progress and no one is getting a decision, even applications that applied back in february or march.

I got my denial letter for my application from february, but nothing from application in June.

So the fact that nothing is getting updated, can be a good sign that my work permit application could get approved because denials don't need to wait, they can simply update the denial status.

Also, i am learning that one can request ATIP notes on file even if decision has not been made, and it provides a lot of details on status of file. It only costs $5 and it doesn't hurt the case in any way, so i am requesting those today and expecting them in 2-4 weeks.

If i find out the WP application has been approved, i can plan a lot of things even if Visa office center doesn't open for next couple of months.

As of right now, Delhi VAC is not opening until september 30th

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Hello Friends,
Do you think is it required to go through an immigration law firm into this process or can we do everything by ourselves?
Which law firm did you hire? (can you refer one?)
What was their fees in total?
It will be a great help if you can share this information.
Thank you

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Hello Friends,
Do you think is it required to go through an immigration law firm into this process or can we do everything by ourselves?
Which law firm did you hire? (can you refer one?)
What was their fees in total?
It will be a great help if you can share this information.
Thank you
I do not think you need a law firm to go through this process, but i would definitely hire some one to write a business plan. Business plan is the key to this application.

I used a law firm that didn't do well, so i do not want to give out names so people don't use them.. happy to PM you the name

They charged me around CAD $20,000 for LMIA, WP application, i think its too much but a fair amount is $10,000 for business plan, LMIA and work permit application.

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
I do not think you need a law firm to go through this process, but i would definitely hire some one to write a business plan. Business plan is the key to this application.

I used a law firm that didn't do well, so i do not want to give out names so people don't use them.. happy to PM you the name

They charged me around CAD $20,000 for LMIA, WP application, i think its too much but a fair amount is $10,000 for business plan, LMIA and work permit application.
Thanks for sharing this information. $20000 is definitely on the higher side.
When did you register your company? After how many days/months of registering the company did you present your business plan and apply for LMIA?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Thanks for sharing this information. $20000 is definitely on the higher side.
When did you register your company? After how many days/months of registering the company did you present your business plan and apply for LMIA?
i vividly remember company registration done in may or june 2019 and application submitted in september i think, all because the law firm was very slow and non responsive.

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
If you get a rejection for your business plan and LMIA, are you eligible to apply again with a different business plan?

IndianIT

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
i vividly remember company registration done in may or june 2019 and application submitted in september i think, all because the law firm was very slow and non responsive.
Did you visit Canada on any exploration visit before applying for LMIA? I'm assuming the company was just registered with no transactions ??