+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owner operator LMIA, Work permit and PR

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
RBC and HSBC allows you to open bank account in Cananda without physically being in canada, as far transfering money, i am sure you know any bank in the world allows international wires, so i sent wire from my US Company to new Canadian business.

Thank you very much for the reply! Please keep us updated on how your process goes.

PM me, i will share more info on the firm

So based on above information you are telling me, my advise is you must be 100% confident that primary applicant is a genuine owner and operator of the business. You can always hire some one to write a business plan, because being a business owner doesn't necessary makes you good with photoshop & presenting numbers in a way that are easy to understand.

For example - my business plan was written by a firm but if i got a call about it from Service canada, i will be able to answer every question with complete details and satisfaction, even in my sleep.

Don't just think for a second if you have the money you can buy your way to work permit with this visa option. This has been to be a true owner operated operations.

I do not know of such list, but i am 100% confident retail is not allowed. Some one i know is doing this for a day care franchisee, so IT and franchisee of daycare is definately qualified.

Kastikoil

Nov 16, 2019
Hi,
Could you let me know the estimated expenses on attorney for this process as well as reference of the business plan writer?
Thank you
Hello,

I am going to create this thread to document my entire journey of applying for LMIA, getting a work permit and then eventually getting PR for Canada.

Age - 33
Nationality - Indian
Dependents - 2 (Spouse and Child)
EE Score - around 350 (Because of no academic qualifications)
IELTS - 7.5 overall

Visitor visa Denied (May 2019)
I was recently denied a Visitors visa to Canada, which i applied myself using the online portal. I have traveled to at least 20 countries with at least 20 trips in last 10 years to US. The reason for denial was standard letter "We don't feel you will return to your home country". In retro-respect, i feel the application was denied because i didn't provide enough documents (or any documents for that matter). I have visas for a lot of countries and i thought based on travel history, any documents showing financial stability or ties to my home country won't be required (lesson learned). I could easily apply again with a good supporting set of documents but my attorney that is doing the LMIA and work permit is suggesting i must wait and just focus on LMIA application.

LMIA Application and process (Started in May 2019, submitting application around Aug 20th 2019)
Started this process around end of may and last 3 months has been just going back and forth between attorney and there team to create business plan and provide support documents for Owner operated LMIA application as a owner in BC with Salary of $55 per hour (High wage category).

According to my attorney this type of application is expedited and gets a decision in 10 Business days, but lately they have been seeing applications taking as long as 4 weeks.

We should be faxing in the application from my attorney's office sometimes next week (Aug 19 to Aug 23 2019).

I have opened a bank account in Canadian Bank, and sent $150,000 to my account as proof of funds for the business, we will be attaching this to LMIA application.

Feel free to ask questions or provide any feedback you might have.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Hi,
Could you let me know the estimated expenses on attorney for this process as well as reference of the business plan writer?
Thank you
A solid canada based law firm that can also write or hire some one to write business plan, should cost you anywhere between CAD 8000 to 16,000

I really depends on the firms' experience, team and how good they are at selling ;)

Reactions: mkashif

supernovahigh

Mar 30, 2019
@canadavisaQs Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience! Does this LMIA qualify as a LMIA job offer under an Express Entry application? (e.g. give you extra points)

I'm a co-founder at a startup but I have a study permit. My business partner and I were accepted into an accelerator program, which requires that after one year our business is incorporated. But both of us are temporary residents (my business partner has a work permit).
Because of this, I'm considering to apply for the Owner LMIA.

Thanks again for the help!

ayamsazi

Apr 13, 2019
Hi,
We have just hired an ICCRC registered lawyer today to help us with our Owner Operator LMIA application. Can you please share your contact details so we can connect for any clarifications / validation? Thanks! I’m new on this site and not able to figure out how to send a DM to you.

gfipask1

Dec 5, 2019
Hi,
We have just hired an ICCRC registered lawyer today to help us with our Owner Operator LMIA application. Can you please share your contact details so we can connect for any clarifications / validation? Thanks! I’m new on this site and not able to figure out how to send a DM to you.
Just to clarify, lawyers are not registered with the ICCRC. If someone is registered with the ICCRC, they are usually immigration consultants.

Nov 30, 2019
Hello,

I am going to create this thread to document my entire journey of applying for LMIA, getting a work permit and then eventually getting PR for Canada.

Age - 33
Nationality - Indian
Dependents - 2 (Spouse and Child)
EE Score - around 350 (Because of no academic qualifications)
IELTS - 7.5 overall

Visitor visa Denied (May 2019)
I was recently denied a Visitors visa to Canada, which i applied myself using the online portal. I have traveled to at least 20 countries with at least 20 trips in last 10 years to US. The reason for denial was standard letter "We don't feel you will return to your home country". In retro-respect, i feel the application was denied because i didn't provide enough documents (or any documents for that matter). I have visas for a lot of countries and i thought based on travel history, any documents showing financial stability or ties to my home country won't be required (lesson learned). I could easily apply again with a good supporting set of documents but my attorney that is doing the LMIA and work permit is suggesting i must wait and just focus on LMIA application.

LMIA Application and process (Started in May 2019, submitting application around Aug 20th 2019)
Started this process around end of may and last 3 months has been just going back and forth between attorney and there team to create business plan and provide support documents for Owner operated LMIA application as a owner in BC with Salary of $55 per hour (High wage category).

According to my attorney this type of application is expedited and gets a decision in 10 Business days, but lately they have been seeing applications taking as long as 4 weeks.

We should be faxing in the application from my attorney's office sometimes next week (Aug 19 to Aug 23 2019).

I have opened a bank account in Canadian Bank, and sent $150,000 to my account as proof of funds for the business, we will be attaching this to LMIA application.

Feel free to ask questions or provide any feedback you might have.
Hi there,

My uncle has submitted his biometrics on 19th of August this year. He is still waiting for any direction from the embassy. Somebody told him that the next call would be from the embassy for medical examination. He has got tensed about it. Can you provide us any information that when would the message from embassy would come about medical examination? I would be grateful to you.

megha29

Dec 17, 2019
can someone please provide the categories that are part of the owner operator program.

Like buying grocery, super market etc are allowed. Also if possible can some one suggest any immigration lawyer for the same in canada. The once i got are charging too high 30K CAD .

megha29

Dec 17, 2019
i don't mind sharing the firm name, but for the price i paid, i am not happy with the work they are doing. It has been extremely Slow. As you can see my original 15th Saying we are submitting application in a week and its still not submitted yet.

I think you are better off avoiding them.
can you share the firm name plz.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
can someone please provide the categories that are part of the owner operator program.

Like buying grocery, super market etc are allowed. Also if possible can some one suggest any immigration lawyer for the same in canada. The once i got are charging too high 30K CAD .

I think you mean, buying grocery, super market etc are NOT ALLOWED

I think finding a lawyer or consultant is very personal and you have to talk to few to see who you connect with and understand your concerns. For example, you should call a few and ask them if they know about the list of businesses that are not allowed. Depending on the answers you might see which firm is better than the other.

megha29

Dec 17, 2019
I think you mean, buying grocery, super market etc are NOT ALLOWED

I think finding a lawyer or consultant is very personal and you have to talk to few to see who you connect with and understand your concerns. For example, you should call a few and ask them if they know about the list of businesses that are not allowed. Depending on the answers you might see which firm is better than the other.
Thanks for your reply. I spoke to some of them in canada . None of them discussed this that certain categories are not allowed and they spoke of expensive costs. Hence I was looking for some reference of Immigration lawyer if any one can help with.