+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
This is good news as it’s mean eligibility passed but still criminality,security and medical check so most probably VO already start the security check after eligibility pass. There are cases which their security check doesn’t take time and within two months getting PPR also there are others which have to go through comprehensive security screening which take more time between 4 to 8 months. Anyway, If you don’t get anything from VO after two months it’s better to request CBSA note. Let’s be optimistic and hope your wife getting PPR soon :)
YoYo , do you know how to link overseas dependant application to cic website? I tried it, but it's impossible.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
YoYo , do you know how to link overseas dependant application to cic website? I tried it, but it's impossible.
Unfortunately not possible, you can use ECAS to check the application status online or call IRCC inside Canada

Reactions: Emil7

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Does anyone knows hows long it take to receive medical from London vo i send extra documents in December nothing till now ?
hi
Pls can I know your timeline of London office .
First documents sent on 09/11/2019
Extra documents sent on 13/12/2019
After that did not hear any thing

Last edited:

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Finally I received the COPR today . Thank you for everyone here for great support and I wish your family join you soon. All the best
congratulations .. i am really happy for you & your family.

Did you receive the COPR in the airport when you came to Canada?

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
congratulations .. i am really happy for you & your family.

Did you receive the COPR in the airport when you came to Canada?
Thank you and wish your father join you soon :). I received two copies of COPR so I guess when I do my landing in airport the immigration officer will sign it and give me copy

Reactions: live&love

SODEEP

Mar 2, 2020
What type of PR you applied for?
My spouse was a protected person. She received her PR last year. And I sent my forms to New Delhi India Visa office after she received her DM. Its has been 13 months since she got her DM and 12 months Since she became the PR in Canada. But no any progress in my application. Thanks

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
My spouse was a protected person. She received her PR last year. And I sent my forms to New Delhi India Visa office after she received her DM. Its has been 13 months since she got her DM and 12 months Since she became the PR in Canada. But no any progress in my application. Thanks
Ask you spouse to call IRCC to ask about your application status using your UCI number also your spouse can order GCMS notes on behalf of you to find out what actually happening with your application and you’ll need to sign consent form
Check the following link
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Thank you and wish your father join you soon :). I received two copies of COPR so I guess when I do my landing in airport the immigration officer will sign it and give me copy
so you received the two copies via email or it was sent to you when they returned your passport to you?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Not yet
Thanks
I think it’s better to wait to the end of this month and if nothing from VO you can order GCMS notes to know the application progress . You can also order CBSA notes but it’ll take almost two months to receive and as your family still didn’t received pre arrival services letter so mostly security check still not starting yet as usually VO start with eligibility and if it’s passed they move to others step and the point of CBSA notes is to check how is the security check progress and which type is it normal or comprehensive one

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Pls can you share your timeline
Thanks
July 2018 app recieved
October 2018 medical passed
September 2019 AİP
January 2020 DM and PR.

My overseas dependant sent her papers and medical last November.
Recieved pre-arrival service letter today.

Reactions: Shanwari

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Guys, what do you know about finger prints request? Does this required for all overseas dependants or it is randomly selected?

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
I think it’s better to wait to the end of this month and if nothing from VO you can order GCMS notes to know the application progress . You can also order CBSA notes but it’ll take almost two months to receive and as your family still didn’t received pre arrival services letter so mostly security check still not starting yet as usually VO start with eligibility and if it’s passed they move to others step and the point of CBSA notes is to check how is the security check progress and which type is it normal or comprehensive one
Ok
Thank you so much