+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Amazing news! You just be so very happy to finally be with your wife! My SiL is still waiting for her husband. He is around 2 months behind you on the timeline. Keeping fingers crossed. All the best to you!
Thank you , hope your SiL’s husband get PPR soon , all the best :)

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Can someone please help me with my GCMS Notes:
some informations:
*26 Sep 2018 application received
*22 Jan 2019 medical exam passed
(got married on 9th of June 2019, informed IRCC, sent the add-on on Sep 30)
*11 Oct 2019 AIP along with request of a new IMM008 listing my spouse, marriage certificate, and application fees for my husband.
*21 Jan 2019 request of a biometric fees for my husband, and it was the first time that they list my husband's application number.

First page of GCMS:
# of Clients: 1
# of Potential Visas: 1
Province of Destination: ON
City of destination: Hamilton
(Is this for my husband?)

Second page of GCMS:
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Security, HIRV, Org Crime, Misrepresentation, other Reqs, Final: blank

PAPER FILE
Office: CPC Mississauga
(what does PP-Pending/BF mean?)

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To:
Assigned By:
Due Date: 2020/02/29
(what do they mean by the due date)

Thanks in advance!

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Can someone please help me with my GCMS Notes:
some informations:
*26 Sep 2018 application received
*22 Jan 2019 medical exam passed
(got married on 9th of June 2019, informed IRCC, sent the add-on on Sep 30)
*11 Oct 2019 AIP along with request of a new IMM008 listing my spouse, marriage certificate, and application fees for my husband.
*21 Jan 2019 request of a biometric fees for my husband, and it was the first time that they list my husband's application number.

First page of GCMS:
(Is this for my husband?)

Second page of GCMS:
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Security, HIRV, Org Crime, Misrepresentation, other Reqs, Final: blank

PAPER FILE

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To:
Assigned By:

Thanks in advance!
I’ll try to explain based on my knowledge as I ordered for me and my wife many GCMS notes

First page of GCMS:
(Is this for my husband?) No it’s not, your husband has another application and you can order GCMS to know his current status

PAPER FILE
I’m not sure what does it mean but you can see the same in most applicants

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To:
Assigned By:
Sometimes this date is one year after creating the file ( you can check the create file date) so basically doesn’t give any indication about application process

Anyway, as your eligibility passed so most probably your application in security check step and you need to wait until criminality and security passed to receive DM . I hope this was helpful and I wish you and your husband all the best , good luck :)

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I’ll try to explain based on my knowledge as I ordered for me and my wife many GCMS notes

First page of GCMS:
(Is this for my husband?) No it’s not, your husband has another application and you can order GCMS to know his current status

PAPER FILE
I’m not sure what does it mean but you can see the same in most applicants

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To:
Assigned By:
Sometimes this date is one year after creating the file ( you can check the create file date) so basically doesn’t give any indication about application process

Anyway, as your eligibility passed so most probably your application in security check step and you need to wait until criminality and security passed to receive DM . I hope this was helpful and I wish you and your husband all the best , good luck :)
Thank you very much! I hope those last things in your process move quickly for you!

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Guys, I couldn’t check my application status through online tools ( CAS ) the whole day , I’m not sure if it’s technical issue or it’s only with me!! Anyone facing same issue ?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I have great news guys , finally I got PPR request yesterday :D:D, I couldn’t share it yesterday because there was maintenance in the website :rolleyes:,it’s look lot of changes here and need time to get use it. Anyway I would like to thank all of you for showing support during this long journey. It was really difficult time for me and my wife and I lost hope many times and the only light was coming from this forum and members here who sharing their experience. I can not explain how I feel right now ,actually it’s mixed between happiness and exhausted from what I faced during application process. I‘ll share my timeline in details just for giving hope to who are waiting for application approve and everyone should know that not all the dependents overseas for permanent residents applications are the same , some cases get approval within few months and others could exceed 10 months or more because of many things like citizenship of applicant , visa office , case officer ,security check,....etc and all of these could effect the timeline of application process.

My timeline as following:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017. ( My wife main applicant and I'm overseas spouse)
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
  3. Up-front medical exam provided 30 Aug 2018
  4. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM on 5 Feb 2019.
  5. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 on 25 Feb 2019. ( provided by me through courier )
  6. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident on 26 Feb 2019.
  7. Extra documents requested by email from VO on 25 Mar 2019.( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ).
  8. All requested documents sent to VO via email on 23 Apr 2019.
  9. Received pre-arrival services on 28 May 2019 ( Eligibility passed).
  10. VO sent email to request extra document on 11 June 2019.
  11. Send them the requested document on 12 June 2019.
  12. Comprehensive security screening start on 26 June 2019 ( I know this from CBSA note).
  13. Medical results received ( appeared on 28 Aug 2019). ( Medical passed)
  14. Medical expired 30 Aug 2019.
  15. Comprehensive security screening done on 20 October 2019 ( I know this from CSIS note)
  16. Received request for new medical test on 20 November 2019 ( security and criminality passed)
  17. Medical passed on 12 December 2020.
  18. Received email from VO on 16 January 2020 for scheduling interview call on 28 January 2020.
  19. DM appeared on ECAS application status on 8 February 2020.
  20. PPR email on 10 February 2020.
  21. Passport submitted on 11 February ( hope visa stamp doesn’t take much time o_O )
Anyway,I’ll keep you updated when I get the visa and COPR also landing just for sharing the experience. Hope you all receive good news soon and your application doesn't take long time like me :p
Finally I received the COPR today . Thank you for everyone here for great support and I wish your family join you soon. All the best

nryrdgn

Jul 21, 2018
Finally I received the COPR today . Thank you for everyone here for great support and I wish your family join you soon. All the best
Omg :D I’m sooo happy for you guysss, wish you all the best. Thanks for your support btw it meant a lot :)

Reactions: YoYo81