+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations :D it’s great news .As I saw from other members, the average is around 6 weeks but it’s depends on these days and the volume of PR applications and landing interviews . Hopefully your husband get the landing interview soon also hope you hear good news from VO soon. Best of luck
Think it is more like 3-6 months in most locations.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
hi
any update Abu dahbi office
I believe they are slow as in my case from remedical to PPR took two months and half , I noticed other VO take less than that. Anyway I submitted my passport to Cairo VFS as they mentioned in the letter nearest visa center. I’m not sure if it was good decision but now I have nothing to do except waiting :rolleyes:

Raza0071

Sep 19, 2019
Have a question everyone
i am protected person
Got my PR card
My overseas family’s VO is in London UK
They ask for app, i sent them then more doc like pic,contact details etc,
We mailed everything.
Now VO is gonna ask for medical .
Question is can we do medical before they ask for it .and for how long it is valid before it expires.
And provide them whenever they ask for it.
If we can do it.
Please guide me how to do it.
Thanks

Last edited:

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Have a question everyone
i am protected person
Got my PR card
We mailed everything.
Question is can we do medical before they ask for it .and for how long it is valid before it expires.
If we can do it.
Thanks
When did they ask for the documents after AIP or Dm ?
And when did you send them ??

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Have a question everyone
i am protected person
Got my PR card
We mailed everything.
If we can do it.
Thanks
They can do upfront but It’s better for them to wait until receive the medical examination instruction because in the sheet there is IME number and the panel physician will need this number to upload the results

Reactions: Ranolive

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
With AIP once. Then in dec they asked pic and etc which London vo received on 18 dec 2019
I have also sent mine overseas family application to London office
I got AIP 25th October 2019 sent documents on 13 November ( received on 16 the November) asked for the extra documents and Biometric on 5th December ( received in 16th December)after that did not get any update . Even done my DM 15th January and landing interview on 11th February.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I have great news guys , finally I got PPR request yesterday :D:D, I couldn’t share it yesterday because there was maintenance in the website :rolleyes:,it’s look lot of changes here and need time to get use it. Anyway I would like to thank all of you for showing support during this long journey. It was really difficult time for me and my wife and I lost hope many times and the only light was coming from this forum and members here who sharing their experience. I can not explain how I feel right now ,actually it’s mixed between happiness and exhausted from what I faced during application process. I‘ll share my timeline in details just for giving hope to who are waiting for application approve and everyone should know that not all the dependents overseas for permanent residents applications are the same , some cases get approval within few months and others could exceed 10 months or more because of many things like citizenship of applicant , visa office , case officer ,security check,....etc and all of these could effect the timeline of application process.

My timeline as following:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017. ( My wife main applicant and I'm overseas spouse)
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
  3. Up-front medical exam provided 30 Aug 2018
  4. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM on 5 Feb 2019.
  5. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 on 25 Feb 2019. ( provided by me through courier )
  6. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident on 26 Feb 2019.
  7. Extra documents requested by email from VO on 25 Mar 2019.( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ).
  8. All requested documents sent to VO via email on 23 Apr 2019.
  9. Received pre-arrival services on 28 May 2019 ( Eligibility passed).
  10. VO sent email to request extra document on 11 June 2019.
  11. Send them the requested document on 12 June 2019.
  12. Comprehensive security screening start on 26 June 2019 ( I know this from CBSA note).
  13. Medical results received ( appeared on 28 Aug 2019). ( Medical passed)
  14. Medical expired 30 Aug 2019.
  15. Comprehensive security screening done on 20 October 2019 ( I know this from CSIS note)
  16. Received request for new medical test on 20 November 2019 ( security and criminality passed)
  17. Medical passed on 12 December 2020.
  18. Received email from VO on 16 January 2020 for scheduling interview call on 28 January 2020.
  19. DM appeared on ECAS application status on 8 February 2020.
  20. PPR email on 10 February 2020.
  21. Passport submitted on 11 February ( hope visa stamp doesn’t take much time o_O )
Anyway,I’ll keep you updated when I get the visa and COPR also landing just for sharing the experience. Hope you all receive good news soon and your application doesn't take long time like me :p
omg congratulations man. I am very very very happy for you and your wife. ♥

Reactions: YoYo81

Varadero

Dec 18, 2011
I have great news guys , finally I got PPR request yesterday :D:D, I couldn’t share it yesterday because there was maintenance in the website :rolleyes:,it’s look lot of changes here and need time to get use it. Anyway I would like to thank all of you for showing support during this long journey. It was really difficult time for me and my wife and I lost hope many times and the only light was coming from this forum and members here who sharing their experience. I can not explain how I feel right now ,actually it’s mixed between happiness and exhausted from what I faced during application process. I‘ll share my timeline in details just for giving hope to who are waiting for application approve and everyone should know that not all the dependents overseas for permanent residents applications are the same , some cases get approval within few months and others could exceed 10 months or more because of many things like citizenship of applicant , visa office , case officer ,security check,....etc and all of these could effect the timeline of application process.

My timeline as following:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017. ( My wife main applicant and I'm overseas spouse)
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
  3. Up-front medical exam provided 30 Aug 2018
  4. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM on 5 Feb 2019.
  5. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 on 25 Feb 2019. ( provided by me through courier )
  6. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident on 26 Feb 2019.
  7. Extra documents requested by email from VO on 25 Mar 2019.( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ).
  8. All requested documents sent to VO via email on 23 Apr 2019.
  9. Received pre-arrival services on 28 May 2019 ( Eligibility passed).
  10. VO sent email to request extra document on 11 June 2019.
  11. Send them the requested document on 12 June 2019.
  12. Comprehensive security screening start on 26 June 2019 ( I know this from CBSA note).
  13. Medical results received ( appeared on 28 Aug 2019). ( Medical passed)
  14. Medical expired 30 Aug 2019.
  15. Comprehensive security screening done on 20 October 2019 ( I know this from CSIS note)
  16. Received request for new medical test on 20 November 2019 ( security and criminality passed)
  17. Medical passed on 12 December 2020.
  18. Received email from VO on 16 January 2020 for scheduling interview call on 28 January 2020.
  19. DM appeared on ECAS application status on 8 February 2020.
  20. PPR email on 10 February 2020.
  21. Passport submitted on 11 February ( hope visa stamp doesn’t take much time o_O )
Anyway,I’ll keep you updated when I get the visa and COPR also landing just for sharing the experience. Hope you all receive good news soon and your application doesn't take long time like me :p
Amazing news! You just be so very happy to finally be with your wife! My SiL is still waiting for her husband. He is around 2 months behind you on the timeline. Keeping fingers crossed. All the best to you!

Reactions: YoYo81