+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Raza0071

Sep 19, 2019
My family process started when I got my AIP, on 25th October 2019 and further after 3 weeks they asked for extra documents and fingerprints on 5th of December and after that did not hear any thing . Hopefully after my landing interview they will do some thing .
My family process started on 18 sep 2019 and further documents on nov 28 after that nothing until now.my landing was in jan 20

Raza0071

Sep 19, 2019
Have they done Biometric??
And which VO ?
London vo
And biometric , I applied visit visa for my family once and then they did biometric.
Maybe that’s why they didn’t ask for biometric because biometric are valid for 10 years.
Lady on my landing said same thing that she’ll mail to London vo for my overseas family process.
Our timeline is almost same just one month difference.lets hope everything goes good and fast.

Last edited:

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
London vo
And biometric , I applied visit visa for my family once and then they did biometric.
Maybe that’s why they didn’t ask for biometric because biometric are valid for 10 years.
Lady on my landing said same thing that she’ll mail to London vo for my overseas family process.
Our timeline is almost same just one month difference.lets hope everything goes good and fast.
Mine one also London office
I did Biometric in 2015 and then I reapply visa they did it again , they they every time due to pic , they just want to see presence of applicant .

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
My family process started when I got my AIP, on 25th October 2019 and further after 3 weeks they asked for extra documents and fingerprints on 5th of December and after that did not hear any thing . Hopefully after my landing interview they will do some thing .
I got AIP on the 25september 2019.
I sent the file and the VO received it on the 14th of october.
I landed the 23rd of december.
Today,it has been 4months that they received my file at Dakar office.
No news

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
I got AIP on the 25september 2019.
I sent the file and the VO received it on the 14th of october.
I landed the 23rd of december.
Today,it has been 4months that they received my file at Dakar office.
No news
What about medical or Biometric??
Did they ask for the extra documents??

Floxy2020

Feb 14, 2020
Hello all,
My application for permanent residence was received on February 19,2018.
Application processing started on July 23, 2018
Instruction was sent on Sept 4, 2019 for my overseas spouse and our son to send their application forms and relationship documents to overseas office in Accra
I became permanent resident on October 31, 2019
Application was received on November 11, 2019 by VO (I know this through the tracking information)
We are yet to receive an email stating acknowledgement of receipt. I sent them an email in December and they replied me in January stating it is still in queue for review and i will be contacted once a decision is made.
I checked ECAS and i could only find the application for my husband, my son's information wasn't there. Do I need to worry?
At what point is too long if i do not hear from the VO? When is the best time to order CSIS & CBSA notes? For the GCMS $5 fee, do i apply for the whole family or for each person separately?
Thank you in advance.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello all,
My application for permanent residence was received on February 19,2018.
Application processing started on July 23, 2018
Instruction was sent on Sept 4, 2019 for my overseas spouse and our son to send their application forms and relationship documents to overseas office in Accra
I became permanent resident on October 31, 2019
Application was received on November 11, 2019 by VO (I know this through the tracking information)
We are yet to receive an email stating acknowledgement of receipt. I sent them an email in December and they replied me in January stating it is still in queue for review and i will be contacted once a decision is made.
I checked ECAS and i could only find the application for my husband, my son's information wasn't there. Do I need to worry?
At what point is too long if i do not hear from the VO? When is the best time to order CSIS & CBSA notes? For the GCMS $5 fee, do i apply for the whole family or for each person separately?
Thank you in advance.
Hello, is your son was included in your husband application? If yes , no need to worry because in ECAS will be mentioned only main applicant of the application which is in this case your husband. As your family’s documents received the VO on November I think you’ll hear from them by this month or next month either they’ll request extra documents or you’ll receive pre arrival services letter. If you don’t hear anything from them by end of March it’s better to order GCMS note to check what’s going on with the application. I hope you hear from VO soon. Good luck :)

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hello, is your son was included in your husband application? If yes , no need to worry because in ECAS will be mentioned only main applicant of the application which is in this case your husband. As your family’s documents received the VO on November I think you’ll hear from them by this month or next month either they’ll request extra documents or you’ll receive pre arrival services letter. If you don’t hear anything from them by end of March it’s better to order GCMS note to check what’s going on with the application. I hope you hear from VO soon. Good luck :)
Hi
Pls let me know how could file GCMS notes for the overseas family ?
Thanks

Floxy2020

Feb 14, 2020
Thank you very much

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi
Pls let me know how could file GCMS notes for the overseas family ?
Thanks
Use the following link to order :
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
And following thread explain how to order :
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/
You’ll order it on behalf of your family because they are overseas and you are in Canada and they’ll need to sign consent form for that

nryrdgn

Jul 21, 2018
@YoYo81 hey YOYO how are you? Today my husband has received this email. do you have any idea about how long will it take them to contact him? Thanks. :)

Dear xxxxxx,

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in
Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
@YoYo81 hey YOYO how are you? Today my husband has received this email. do you have any idea about how long will it take them to contact him? Thanks. :)

Dear xxxxxx,

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in
Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
Congratulations :D it’s great news .As I saw from other members, the average is around 6 weeks but it’s depends on these days and the volume of PR applications and landing interviews . Hopefully your husband get the landing interview soon also hope you hear good news from VO soon. Best of luck

Reactions: nryrdgn

nryrdgn

Jul 21, 2018
Congratulations :D it’s great news .As I saw from other members, the average is around 6 weeks but it’s depends on these days and the volume of PR applications and landing interviews . Hopefully your husband get the landing interview soon also hope you hear good news from VO soon. Best of luck
OMG :D Thank you so so muchhh, have a nice day:)