+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
My spouse and child sent their documents since July 28th and not a single response yet. No pre arrival services, Nada.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hey all, I create this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents also the additional documents which requested from VO if there is any, please share here .
I'll start with myself ,I'm spouse of protected person and convention refugee in Canada
My wife got DM at 5th February and on February 26, 2019 she became a permanent resident.

My time :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
The requested applications were sent and arrived Abu Dhabi visa office on 25th of February and no update until now.
Hello guys, I just want to share with you my case just in case these information could help anyone here now or in future. I'm overseas spouse waiting for PPR and my wife was the main applicant , my timeline as following :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017. ( My wife main applicant and I'm overseas spouse)
  3. Up-front medical exam provided 30 Aug 2018
  4. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM on 5 Feb 2019.
  5. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 on 25 Feb 2019. ( provided by me through courier )
  6. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident on 26 Feb 2019.
  7. Documents requested by email from VO on 25 Mar 2019.( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ).
  8. All requested documents sent to VO via email on 23 Apr 2019.
  9. Received pre-arrival services on 28 May 2019 ( Eligibility passed).
  10. VO sent email to request extra document on 11 June 2019.
  11. Send them the requested document on 12 June 2019.
  12. Security Screening start on 26 June 2019 and still in progress by CBSA. ( I know this from CBSA note )
  13. Medical results received ( appeared on 28 Aug 2019). ( Medical passed)
  14. Medical expired 30 Aug 2019.
  15. Require new medical test. ( In GCMS note mentioned MEDS can not be extended as per regional medical office)
As you can see still my criminality check not start yet and I think the reason was one of PPC provided after deadline . I'm not sure if this is the reason but when VO asked me to provide the police certificate which was from two countries( my home country and another one) I ordered it through embassy but unfortunately didn't receive it on time so I provided the reset documents with LOE to explain to them why PCC missed then when I get it I forward to them but I guess it was too late so they kept criminality check to the end.
I just know from CBSA note that VO asked for security screening check and I'm not sure why but at least now I understand why my application take more than usual or let say more than the average applicants time process which is usually 4 to 6 months after receiving VO requested documents or 1 - 2 months after eligibility passed. CBSA note same as GCMS from IRCC but you can find the security details unlike GCMS security details were hidden under s.15.
I recommend anyone waiting and doesn't know the status or feel waiting more than most of applicant is to order GCMS and CBSA note to understand the current status and get know better about the case. Not everyone the same so you can not just rely on others experience and ofcourse you can not expedite your application process but at least you know your current status and what your waiting for and if you notice no progress in your application process you can followup the VO or your local MP. Good luck for all and hope to join your family soon.

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
So I was just informed that the London Visa Office in England is one of the slowest for processing applications.
Due to the fact they process applications for many regions, not just U.K residents.

So for those of you like myself with their applications in the London Visa Office, be prepared to wait a bit longer than others from other offices.

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Here is my timeline for my overseas dependents (VO Ankara):
March 6, 2019 - My AIP
March 12, 2019 - Request from Ankara for overseas dependents forms, med exams, PCCs
March 23, 2019 - Submission of requested forms, med exams and PCCs
April 6, 2019 - My landing
May 28, 2019 - Pre-arrival services
July 11, 2019 - REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORT

I am a June 2017 Applicant
Hi Bakhadur,
How long it takes to return your passport with stamped visa ??

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hello guys, I just want to share with you my case just in case these information could help anyone here now or in future. I'm overseas spouse waiting for PPR and my wife was the main applicant , my timeline as following :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017. ( My wife main applicant and I'm overseas spouse)
  3. Up-front medical exam provided 30 Aug 2018
  4. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM on 5 Feb 2019.
  5. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 on 25 Feb 2019. ( provided by me through courier )
  6. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident on 26 Feb 2019.
  7. Documents requested by email from VO on 25 Mar 2019.( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ).
  8. All requested documents sent to VO via email on 23 Apr 2019.
  9. Received pre-arrival services on 28 May 2019 ( Eligibility passed).
  10. VO sent email to request extra document on 11 June 2019.
  11. Send them the requested document on 12 June 2019.
  12. Security Screening start on 26 June 2019 and still in progress by CBSA. ( I know this from CBSA note )
  13. Medical results received ( appeared on 28 Aug 2019). ( Medical passed)
  14. Medical expired 30 Aug 2019.
  15. Require new medical test. ( In GCMS note mentioned MEDS can not be extended as per regional medical office)
As you can see still my criminality check not start yet and I think the reason was one of PPC provided after deadline . I'm not sure if this is the reason but when VO asked me to provide the police certificate which was from two countries( my home country and another one) I ordered it through embassy but unfortunately didn't receive it on time so I provided the reset documents with LOE to explain to them why PCC missed then when I get it I forward to them but I guess it was too late so they kept criminality check to the end.
I just know from CBSA note that VO asked for security screening check and I'm not sure why but at least now I understand why my application take more than usual or let say more than the average applicants time process which is usually 4 to 6 months after receiving VO requested documents or 1 - 2 months after eligibility passed. CBSA note same as GCMS from IRCC but you can find the security details unlike GCMS security details were hidden under s.15.
I recommend anyone waiting and doesn't know the status or feel waiting more than most of applicant is to order GCMS and CBSA note to understand the current status and get know better about the case. Not everyone the same so you can not just rely on others experience and ofcourse you can not expedite your application process but at least you know your current status and what your waiting for and if you notice no progress in your application process you can followup the VO or your local MP. Good luck for all and hope to join your family soon.
eventually you’re gonna get there and I hope it happens sooner than later.

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
@YoYo81 is it okay to submit medical when they haven’t asked for it yet to speed up the process?
As I know it’s ok and it’s called up front but in my case as example I did that and now it’s expired and I have to do another one so basically doing medical exam without thier request not recommended

Reactions: live&love

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi guys,
Do you have any idea how long it takes to stamp visa after submitted the passport?
Congratulations hadeel , this is good news that your husband finally got PPR I really happy for you :):) , usually doesn’t take time specially that your are in same country of your VO , I think within next week you’ll get it , good luck and have nice trip :)

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Congratulations hadeel , this is good news that your husband finally got PPR I really happy for you :):) , usually doesn’t take time specially that your are in same country of your VO , I think within next week you’ll get it , good luck and have nice trip :)
Thank you very much YoYo. I wish you’ll get it soon. Actually my husband submitted in Erbil, I was told within 2 weeks he suppose to get it. Good luck hopefully you will get it soon :)

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Thank you very much YoYo. I wish you’ll get it soon. Actually my husband submitted in Erbil, I was told within 2 weeks he suppose to get it. Good luck hopefully you will get it soon :)
Congratulations Hadeel ,good news i hope we will see you telling us that your husband will land in Canada soon . how many days after submitting the medical exam he got the passport request .

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I want to share my timeline
Congratulations Hadeel ,good news i hope we will see you telling us that your husband will land in Canada soon . how many days after submitting the medical exam he got the passport request .
Thank you very much, I hope your wife and kids will get it soon:) I will share timeline in the next post. Good luck

Reactions: Safar@2016

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Timeline Update
1- applied for protected person in Canada in Feb 2017
2- Got accepted in May 2017
3- Applied for PR in June 2017
4- Added my husband as overseas dependent for protected person in January 2018 ( under one year window program)
5- Got my PR in December 2018
6- Spouse documents transfer to Amman VO in December 2018
7- Requested documents submitted to Amman VO in January 31 2019
8- Got pre arrival email in March 05 2019
9-Medical request Sep 08 2019
10- Medical has been received Sep 24
11- Decision Made Sep 27
12- Passport Request Sep 29
13- Submitted passport in Erbil VO Oct 01
14- Passport is being processed in Amman VO Oct 03

FYI
I got GCMS and CBSA notes
March 04 eligibility
March 04 security screen started
August 17 security screen done

Thank you guys for answering all my questions and concerns. I really appreciate all your support I wish you all the best and hope you done with this one soon :):)

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
My dad (overseas) received two emails from IRCC today.

first one was from the VISA OFFICE, asking him to submit his military details again, AND Schedule 1 Application for a Temporary Residence Visa (IMM 5257). They asked him to submit these documents by email. This was sent to him as a regular email without PDF file.

second one was from the MISSISSAUGA OFFICE in Canada asking him to submit the same documents by mail to the office in Mississauga. The letter included his name with my mom’s address in Canada, surprisingly. This letter was sent to him as PDF file.

is Schedule 1 requested so they can issue him the visa to come to Canada?
Did your dad applied for temporary visa ?? Nevrr heard of ircc asking for schedule 1 during the Pr process of overseas dependent