+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Did your dad applied for temporary visa ?? Nevrr heard of ircc asking for schedule 1 during the Pr process of overseas dependent
No he never applied for temporary visa. I think the Visa Office made a couple mistakes in the first email they sent him.

#1: they asked him to provide Schedule 1 without providing the form number (ex: IMM***) which made a confusion. We’re not sure if they want Schedule 1 or Schedule A. They’re totally different forms.

#2: the date of the letter they sent him was written as February 11, 2018. Which is very very weird. The letter was sent on October 10, 2019.

so as a result, we have completed Schedule 1 IMM5257 AND Schedule A IMM5669.

chabuck

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi ! My spouse and three dependent have sent their forms to vo , I contacted mp of my area after inquiry of my file mp informed me that my file is going well,
eligibility passed
criminality passed
security check is in process
any body have an idea how much time consuming is this stage what should we expect further

Reactions: Ranolive

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi ! My spouse and three dependent have sent their forms to vo , I contacted mp of my area after inquiry of my file mp informed me that my file is going well,
eligibility passed
criminality passed
any body have an idea how much time consuming is this stage what should we expect further
No one can expect the time frame for security check . The only thing you can do is ordering CBSA GCMS note in order to know if your spouse is under usual security screening check or the comprehensive one which take more time than the usual one. Also keep following up the VO and your area MP this might help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No need to keep following up with your MP unless you have to wait another 6 months. Your case seems to be processing at a normal pace. Families seem to be processed in 4-6 months these days but it is always dependent on the local office. Be patient, you will be contacted soon.

Reactions: Ex ツ and Ranolive

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
eligibility passed
criminality passed
Please since when did you send the files to VO?

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Timeline Update
1- applied for protected person in Canada in Feb 2017
2- Got accepted in May 2017
3- Applied for PR in June 2017
4- Added my husband as overseas dependent for protected person in January 2018 ( under one year window program)
5- Got my PR in December 2018
6- Spouse documents transfer to Amman VO in December 2018
7- Requested documents submitted to Amman VO in January 31 2019
8- Got pre arrival email in March 05 2019
9-Medical request Sep 08 2019
10- Medical has been received Sep 24
11- Decision Made Sep 27
12- Passport Request Sep 29
13- Submitted passport in Erbil VO Oct 01
14- Passport is being processed in Amman VO Oct 03

FYI
I got GCMS and CBSA notes
March 04 eligibility
March 04 security screen started
August 17 security screen done

Thank you guys for answering all my questions and concerns. I really appreciate all your support I wish you all the best and hope you done with this one soon :):)
All the best wishes for you and your husband in Canada

Reactions: hadeel_1986

tender91

Mar 3, 2018
Hi guys, thanks for the support here.

Ive just emailed Singapore VO my husbands pcc and other requested documents, my concern is, am I suppose to get a confirmation of receipt? It has been a few days and we did not get anything. Thanks in advance.
- HA

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi guys, thanks for the support here.

Ive just emailed Singapore VO my husbands pcc and other requested documents, my concern is, am I suppose to get a confirmation of receipt? It has been a few days and we did not get anything. Thanks in advance.
- HA
Usually When you send email to VO you receive auto-replay .

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I sent mine
Almost 500g
Could not be able to send by email.

I did not receive AOR
You mean by mail , Using courier service?
In that case you’ll not receive AOR , you can only check using courier tracking number just to be sure that it was delivered

tender91

Mar 3, 2018
Usually When you send email to VO you receive auto-replay .
Yes I got an autoreply when I asked how should I send the requested documents but did not get an auto reply when I sent the documents (twice). Do you think I should be worried? I sent them an email to confirm receipt but also did not get auto reply.