+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Yes I got an autoreply when I asked how should I send the requested documents but did not get an auto reply when I sent the documents (twice). Do you think I should be worried? I sent them an email to confirm receipt but also did not get auto reply.
Sometimes you didn't get auto-replay specially if you send more than one email. I think no need to be worried :)
Anyway if you kind of person who worry too much and can not sleep thinking about it ( like me :p) you can send them the same emails with attached requested documents through the Webform just to be double sure that they receive them.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/singapore.html

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello guys, I just want to share with you my case just in case these information could help anyone here now or in future. I'm overseas spouse waiting for PPR and my wife was the main applicant , my timeline as following :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017. ( My wife main applicant and I'm overseas spouse)
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
  3. Up-front medical exam provided 30 Aug 2018
  4. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM on 5 Feb 2019.
  5. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 on 25 Feb 2019. ( provided by me through courier )
  6. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident on 26 Feb 2019.
  7. Documents requested by email from VO on 25 Mar 2019.( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ).
  8. All requested documents sent to VO via email on 23 Apr 2019.
  9. Received pre-arrival services on 28 May 2019 ( Eligibility passed).
  10. VO sent email to request extra document on 11 June 2019.
  11. Send them the requested document on 12 June 2019.
  12. Security Screening start on 26 June 2019 and still in progress by CBSA. ( I know this from CBSA note )
  13. Medical results received ( appeared on 28 Aug 2019). ( Medical passed)
  14. Medical expired 30 Aug 2019.
  15. Require new medical test. ( In GCMS note mentioned MEDS can not be extended as per regional medical office)
As you can see still my criminality check not start yet and I think the reason was one of PPC provided after deadline . I'm not sure if this is the reason but when VO asked me to provide the police certificate which was from two countries( my home country and another one) I ordered it through embassy but unfortunately didn't receive it on time so I provided the reset documents with LOE to explain to them why PCC missed then when I get it I forward to them but I guess it was too late so they kept criminality check to the end.
I just know from CBSA note that VO asked for security screening check and I'm not sure why but at least now I understand why my application take more than usual or let say more than the average applicants time process which is usually 4 to 6 months after receiving VO requested documents or 1 - 2 months after eligibility passed. CBSA note same as GCMS from IRCC but you can find the security details unlike GCMS security details were hidden under s.15.
I recommend anyone waiting and doesn't know the status or feel waiting more than most of applicant is to order GCMS and CBSA note to understand the current status and get know better about the case. Not everyone the same so you can not just rely on others experience and ofcourse you can not expedite your application process but at least you know your current status and what your waiting for and if you notice no progress in your application process you can followup the VO or your local MP. Good luck for all and hope to join your family soon.
Guys , I just talked with IRCC agent and he said my security check done two days ago !!!!Yeeeeeeeeee , I’m still cannot believe it , I’ll check again tomorrow :p I know still need time for DM because my criminality still not start yet and my medical expired but to know that security is done make me feel big relief, WAW finally :):)

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Guys , I just talked with IRCC agent and he said my security check done two days ago !!!!Yeeeeeeeeee , I’m still cannot believe it , I’ll check again tomorrow :p I know still need time for DM because my criminality still not start yet and my medical expired but to know that security is done make me feel big relief, WAW finally :):)
Congratulations
may you told us how to reach agent,
Tried

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Good news , hope you will get DM soon. Which VO you

Reactions: YoYo81

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Thank you, Abu Dhabi. Any update about your family? Did you ordered CBSA note?
Nothing for my family , I ordered CBSA note , by an company wesit it is almost now more than 40 days and nothing , the PM office told me the application in secuirty check .

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Nothing for my family , I ordered CBSA note , by an company wesit it is almost now more than 40 days and nothing , the PM office told me the application in secuirty check .
Follow up the website because from CBSA you’ll know if your family under comprehensive security screening or normal security screening

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Follow up the website because from CBSA you’ll know if your family under comprehensive security screening or normal security screening
I contact them now they saying that due to the the large number of the orders the CIC extended the time time for the reports it take now about 60 days. I dont know it look like they are fake company so i tell every body to be careful with these websites i did my order with https://www.applygcms.com/

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I contact them now they saying that due to the the large number of the orders the CIC extended the time time for the reports it take now about 60 days. I dont know it look like they are fake company so i tell every body to be careful with these websites i did my order with https://www.applygcms.com/
Sometimes it takes more than usual, just follow them after 60days as they said and hopefully you’ll get it . No worries. It’s better if you order it by yourself as you are in Canada and it’ll cost you only $5

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Sometimes it takes more than usual, just follow them after 60days as they said and hopefully you’ll get it . No worries. It’s better if you order it by yourself as you are in Canada and it’ll cost you only $5
That is my mistake, thanks YoYo I will wait .

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hi
Every Body

Just got my eligibility Letter .

Application revecived that 25 September 2018,
Started in 5th December 2018 .
Medical Passed in 16th Jan 2019 .
Back ground check started 13March 2019.
Police Report Requested 13 May 2019 .
Submitted 6th June 2019 and 19th June 2019 .
Family bio matric fees letter got on 8th August and deposited 8th August 2019 .

All after that Eligibility Letter of 25th October 2019
Total time 13 month Exact

And they also asked to send family form overseas office London . What’s the next procedure pls
Thanks

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi
Every Body

Just got my eligibility Letter .

Application revecived that 25 September 2018,
Started in 5th December 2018 .
Medical Passed in 16th Jan 2019 .
Back ground check started 13March 2019.
Police Report Requested 13 May 2019 .
Submitted 6th June 2019 and 19th June 2019 .
Family bio matric fees letter got on 8th August and deposited 8th August 2019 .

All after that Eligibility Letter of 25th October 2019
Total time 13 month Exact

And they also asked to send family form overseas office London . What’s the next procedure pls
Thanks
You’ll receive landing interview appointment usually timeline one up two months depends on landing office. For your family, VO will start process your family application after receiving the forms and after while you’ll receive request for extra documents and process continues until VO finalize the eligibility,criminality and security check then medical exam request then PPR . The average timeline for overseas family based on others experience is from 4 to 6 months from receiving requested documents but some cases takes more because of security screening check. Hope you and your family get PR soon. Good luck :)

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
You’ll receive landing interview appointment usually timeline one up two months depends on landing office. For your family, VO will start process your family application after receiving the forms and after while you’ll receive request for extra documents and process continues until VO finalize the eligibility,criminality and security check then medical exam request then PPR . The average timeline for overseas family based on others experience is from 4 to 6 months from receiving requested documents but some cases takes more because of security screening check. Hope you and your family get PR soon. Good luck :)
Thanks

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
My husband got husband got his passport stamped with visa and PR confirmation but there is a missing letter in his first name.
Passport submitted to Erbil VO and they forwarded yo Amman VO. He informed Eribl VO that his name wrong, they said is not there responsibility
Do you know what I should do to correct it, his flight will be October 30.
Please help me , I sent an urgent email to amman VO and Immigration and no one replied back