+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
When did you apply?

I'm thinking maybe they have not created your account yet. My application was received since 2020 and lat update was 2021. Maybe nothing has been done on this class of application since
I'm dependent and apply PR Fab 2023
My spouse get Pre Arrival and Eligibility fab 2024 and my file transfer to VO Abu Dhabi. But after that nothing even eCAS not working on my file.

Reactions: Melsi

Beamsbabe

Jun 22, 2023
I'm dependent and apply PR Fab 2023
My spouse get Pre Arrival and Eligibility fab 2024 and my file transfer to VO Abu Dhabi. But after that nothing even eCAS not working on my file.
Now I understand. Give it time it will be updated. It's because your application is early. I guess when they are updating, it will be imputed in the system.

Queenlaw

Dec 29, 2023
Thanks for your reply.
I called IRCC they told me I should put in the place of birth the city name as I put it in the PR application. And in the ecas only countries are listed in the place of birth not the cities. This is why ecas doesn't show my dependent files.

Any one face the same issue which can share his experience would be appreciated.
Are you able to see your own on ecas?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
It's so frustrating because that ecas is never updated. For instance mine was last updated in 2021 and now I have passed the 48 months processing time and still no single update or direction.
Honestly I'm not sure there is any plan for this our application type because I've not seen any dependant of a protected person here coming to say they have been issued aPR.
4 years wait is not a joke. Everything is in God's hands now. All the best for everyone here.
Really sad and frustrating! Just keep hope alive. Have done biometrics and medical?

This is also the time to disturb them since you have reached the processing time. The principal applicant should also petition his/her MP with the necessary information.

Mostafa.gh

Feb 15, 2019
Hi, I am dependent of protected person, my wife's pr received 6 months ago, we submitted application on Jan 2022, I did midical Exam on August 2023, but I don't have any update, Can I apply for Visitor Visa? Thanks

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi, I am dependent of protected person, my wife's pr received 6 months ago, we submitted application on Jan 2022, I did midical Exam on August 2023, but I don't have any update, Can I apply for Visitor Visa? Thanks
Nothing stops you from applying for a visitor’s visa as long as you’re qualified for it. Being a dependent of a protected person doesn’t disqualify you.
Just prove your financial capability and enough ties in your country while applying.

Reactions: Mostafa.gh

Mostafa.gh

Feb 15, 2019
Nothing stops you from applying for a visitor’s visa as long as you’re qualified for it. Being a dependent of a protected person doesn’t disqualify you.
Just prove your financial capability and enough ties in your country while applying.
Do I have to prove that I will return to my country? Given that I have a permanent residence file? And how lucky am I?